PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Life: Ron Paul and Abortion

BarryDonegan
08-06-2007, 04:25 PM
is that presidents can't overturn roe v. wade, they can only replace justices who die with ones who may vote for that. so if you are pro choice, and a pro life president comes into power, and someone bombs the supreme court, you just lost roe v wade.

aside from that he has little effect on the issue, its a SHOWSTOPPER for fundraising and debates, but absolutely useless otherwise.

who cares about the rights of a womans uterus, if the uterus is being held in Guantanamo being tortured and sexually abused by the military because she disagreed with the govt and put something against their agenda on her myspace page.

Razmear
08-06-2007, 04:42 PM
Here is what I posted to a thread a few days ago on the subject after being slammed in a different forum by single issue pro choice voters:

---

Here is my post back to the group that got me started on this thread, thanks for the advice so far. I plan on letting the issue drop now over there:

Re: Statement Of Faith

I'll just make one final point on the abortion issue, because this is
one of the most divisive issues in the country and I wouldn't expect
anyone on either side to change their opinion.

Currently the federal government specifically permits abortion
nationwide, which means at some point in the future they can legally
prohibit it nationwide, so long as it is treated as a national issue.

If abortion is no longer a federal issue but a state issue, as Ron
Paul recommends, you do not have to worry about 51% of the senate, or
5/9th of the Supreme Court making abortion illegal for the entire
country.
It would become an issue for the individual states to decide, and
trust me, you personally have much more influence over what your state
does than what the federal government does.

eb

Highmesa
08-06-2007, 04:52 PM
The make-up of SCOTUS is probably 5-4 pro-life right now. All they need to do is get a case in front of them.

I would expect this to happen within the next couple years and Roe v. Wade will be history. Pro-choice nanny-staters don't understand this and will be shocked when it happens.