PDA

View Full Version : Protest at the SuperBowl?

nakor667
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
I live in Arizona, not too far from all the action. Does anyone know what the Ron Paul presence at the game will be? Will there be a "free-speech zone" for us Revolutionaries to gain the attention of the nation?

hypnagogue
02-01-2008, 08:31 PM
No. People will not appreciate us raining on their festival with our politics. Let them have their celebrations.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
No protests please. We're not AGAINST things. We're FOR freedom!

Leaflet, yes! Protest, no!

tekmo
02-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Yeah I don't think its a good idea to protest at the Superbowl. Definitely rock your Ron Paul gear (and try to get on TV if you're in the crowd), but don't go protesting

Antonius Stone
02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
wear your "McCain <3's Amnesty" T-Shirts.

forsmant
02-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Only if the patriots win!

mmink15
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
If you live near the event I'd suggest putting together the best tailgate party in the parking lot and pairing it with some Ron Paul signs and info, but I'd make the tailgate party the event. Maybe get your meetup group out there, because dozens of people at one tailgate can gather serious attention, bbq a ton of food and charge 2 bucks a burger then waive the fee for people who put a Ron Paul for President bumper sticker on the back of their hat, or something similar, you'll be a hit at the game.
Tailgaing is a huge part of the NFL Super Bowl experience and alot of media (mostly sports media, but media nonetheless) roam the parking lot trying to get a feel for the buzz. If we want to push Ron Paul while not offending people, I think this is a good suggestion.

sgrooms
02-01-2008, 08:43 PM
If you live near the event I'd suggest putting together the best tailgate party in the parking lot and pairing it with some Ron Paul signs and info, but I'd make the tailgate party the event. Maybe get your meetup group out there, because dozens of people at one tailgate can gather serious attention, bbq a ton of food and charge 2 bucks a burger then waive the fee for people who put a Ron Paul for President bumper sticker on the back of their hat, or something similar, you'll be a hit at the game.
Tailgaing is a huge part of the NFL Super Bowl experience and alot of media (mostly sports media, but media nonetheless) roam the parking lot trying to get a feel for the buzz. If we want to push Ron Paul while not offending people, I think this is a good suggestion.

if you want to tailgate, you better spend the night saturday.