PDA

View Full Version : Take a page from McCain's book.

morerocklesstalk
02-01-2008, 07:47 PM
I posted this is the debate forum but no one is in there. Mods delete that one if you want.
---------------------
First off, let me say I am so suprised that McCain is an actual frontrunner but after scratching my head in disbelief I noticed why McCain might resenate with many people, especially people unsure of who to vote for.

During the debates I have seen that he basically defines himself before saying anything. If he is asked a question that might encompass porkbelly spending, he hits it home by stating that he will take out his veto pen against any porkbelly spending. Basically repeating this statement when it is applicable and people seem to hear it so much that they will believe it even in the face of contrary evidence. People seem to perceive him as honest because he will reference "straight talk" before he needs to talk about some issue that is controversial, which I imagine gives people a warm fuzzy feeling.

At the CNN debate, he was able to apply the same technique to Romney, with the buzzword is timetables tatic. It seems immature and dumb to me but I really think it works and touches a nerve with the general public. I've watched every debate so I know how often the guys repeat there phrases but I would imagine most people aren't like myself and probably watch 1 or 2 debates at most. The ability to paint yourself as you please is a great way to get who you are across to people. I hope Ron Paul isn't afraid of repeating himself and maybe he can used a line like "I'm the only canidate who has never voted for a tax increase" everytime a question even closely applicable is asked.

Let me know what you guys think. I understand we on these boards think deeply about the candidates but my point is most people don't. This would really explain how McCain could be in the lead right now.

ronpaulfan
02-01-2008, 07:49 PM
BOOM, tough actin' Tinactin

morerocklesstalk
02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
BOOM, tough actin' Tinactin

It works on many levels.

RonPaulFever
02-01-2008, 07:53 PM
candidate

morerocklesstalk
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Thank you for the spelling correction.

Mitt Romneys sideburns
02-01-2008, 10:29 PM
Jack kemp, Phil Grahm, Bridge to nowhere, tax cuts.

N13
02-01-2008, 10:32 PM
The jobs are gone forever and there will be more wars.