PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Website: Help Wanted

Heracles
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
I would like to start a pro-Paul website, though it won't be about him specifically. It'll just expand on his ideas and other topics.

I need dedicated help with this from other moderate Ron Paul supporters. By moderate I mean those who don't go out and make him look bad by insulting non-supporters and espousing ideas that Paul hasn't articulated himself.

I need help with the website code and hosting. I have the domain name, but I won't share it out in the open here, so as to not set non-supporters against it without even them reviewing it.

The content is NOT going to be primarily concerned with monetary issues, because I feel most people are already well aware of his stance in that regard. But it will certainly touch on the topic.

What I want to cover is the effects of the drug war; the history of liberty won and lost; the pros and cons of small and large government; how political favors come about; how propaganda works; how government is likely to function under a Paul presidency; the transience of good leadership, and why it's more important to have good laws than good leaders who don't abuse the bad ones; de-indoctrination of political dogma, among other things.

The website will not at all attempt to portray Ron Paul as a demi-god, so fanboys need not apply. It will discuss his faults and strengths, and attempt to make the case for why he's the right person for this particular moment in our country's history, despite any perceived weanesses.

I'll also need a graphics person and volunteer reporters. The site will have video of conversations with ordinary working people, businessmen, college students, etc... I will NOT shy away from letting different points of view get across. Objective objections to his policies will be allowed to be aired. These will be countered with reasoned counterpoints.

I would like the site to allow voters of all stripes to register and comment on the original articles and reporting that will be the content of the site. No one will be censored except if they are rude or consistently loose with the facts, whatever those might be.

I will also need co-editors. They would not have to agree with my personal views, but they MUST not be conspiracists. I know not all conspiracies are untrue, but what you cannot verifiably prove is useless to our cause.

Like I said earlier, the website will support Paul, but it will not be Paul-centric. If you would like to help me out with this please e-mail me through this site. Once the site is operational we will accept donations to cover the cost of the reporting I would like to have done.

E-mail me if you wish to be a part of this. Thanks.

CurtisLow
02-01-2008, 08:08 PM
Good idea! I really don't know much about web sites innerface and what not.... Good luck!

Heracles
02-02-2008, 04:46 AM
self bump

Edu
02-02-2008, 05:21 AM
You aren't going to like me but....

Just start the site. Why does everyone think they have to build some fantastic multi billion dollar looking site?

They have a lot of tools out there that will let you make a great site from scratch. You pick a template and fill in the gaps. Look for free open source software or check with some of the hosting sites.

A lot of hosting places have web based site development tools. Point, click and your site is up.

Start with a small provider for your server and just make sure it's easy to upgrade to better server / bandwidth as you grow. Like start with one that offers $3 per month hosting.

You don't need a bunch of people to get it going.

Then, if it works and grows you expand, if it doesn't, you learned a lesson and move on.

That's my 2 cents.