PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: C+ for Debate Performance from Time's Halperin

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
Crowd-pleasing anti-war answers on Iraq will pump up web traffic and donations once again, lending him added significance in the nomination process. His tone was perhaps more academic than that of his opponents, but he remains undaunted by his long shot status. If the Republicans nominated a candidate based on who most moved the applause meter, Paul would be giving his acceptance speech next summer. — Mark Halperin

A nice quote, kind of flies in the face of the C+ grade that Halperin gives Ron Paul. But from Time Magazine, I count this as a really nice accolade.

Ron Paul (http://www.time.com/time/specials/2007/article/0,28804,1649967_1649969_1649963,00.html) <-----SOURCE

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 03:11 PM
That is a great quote, a very big compliment.

OURPLAN
08-06-2007, 03:12 PM
Wow, so Mitt gets an A- for his TAN?

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 03:13 PM
Send mark Halperin some flowers and cigars! what's his address?

LizF
08-06-2007, 03:15 PM
If Ron Paul had gotten as much talking time as Mitt, he could have gotten an "A-" (or better) as well.

C+ for Tommy Thompson? :rolleyes:

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 03:16 PM
How does McCain get a B? He was terrible and just reiterated the EXACT SAME THING EVERY QUESTION - that he has served his country for 50 years and was inthe army and that the war against islamofacism must be fought to the ends of the earth for the next century because history would be judging him !!!11

Those words were certainly a compliment... but perhaps it was just to appease Ron Paul supporters so he wouldn't be flooded with emails. He gives Ron Paul a C- in the June 28th debate (the one where he talked about pre-emptive war etc) which was one of his better debates, IMO. He's obviously very biased toward the frontrunners.

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 03:21 PM
Send mark Halperin some flowers and cigars! what's his address?

Fridays payday...Great idea....it's gonna be expensive paying all the media off:D

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I sent rudy a copy of the 9/11 report. i bought it for a dollar off of amazon.com . just had the shipping address go to his hq.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 03:26 PM
I sent rudy a copy of the 9/11 report. i bought it for a dollar off of amazon.com . just had the shipping address go to his hq.

epic win.

Zydeco
08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
As I say to MSM members like Mr. Halperin: we'll use your organization's information-gathering capabilities, but keep the commentary to yourself; we have blogs now for that.

SeanEdwards
08-06-2007, 03:31 PM
How does McCain get a B? He was terrible and just reiterated the EXACT SAME THING EVERY QUESTION - that he has served his country for 50 years and was inthe army and that the war against islamofacism must be fought to the ends of the earth for the next century because history would be judging him !!!11

Those words were certainly a compliment... but perhaps it was just to appease Ron Paul supporters so he wouldn't be flooded with emails. He gives Ron Paul a C- in the June 28th debate (the one where he talked about pre-emptive war etc) which was one of his better debates, IMO. He's obviously very biased toward the frontrunners.

I thought McCain was awful. He looked like he needed to change his Depends or something.

SeanEdwards
08-06-2007, 03:32 PM
Wow, so Mitt gets an A- for his TAN?

Mitt is a dick, but he had the best one-liner with his hanoi jane to dr. strangelove quip.

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 03:39 PM
Mitt is a dick, but he had the best one-liner with his hanoi jane to dr. strangelove quip.

Yeah, rehearsal for such nifty one liners pays off well. I hope he gives a pay raise to the staffer that came up with it.