PDA

View Full Version : Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick.

noztnac
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick was Teddy Roosevelt's catchphrase for his foreign policy.

Ron Paul needs something along those lines...a catchphrase for his non-interventionist foreign policy.

The best I've heard so far is "Armed Neutrality"

I think we all need to brainstorm and put Ron Paul's great ideas into a phrase that can be grasped by the average voter. Right now he is talking over many people's heads.

Post ideas you come up with in this thread. Maybe we can post a poll a week or so from now and vote on which is best.

noztnac
02-01-2008, 06:43 PM
My dad is a Ron Paul supporter. I asked him if he had watched the debates. He said "I don't have to. I already know exactly what he's going to say."

In a sense that is good. My father is confident that Ron Paul will say what he has been saying for twenty plus years.

But I am thinking maybe it is not good in that Ron needs to increase his ceiling by appealing to new voters. He needs to demonstrate that he is dynamic and that he has a unique vision for the future.

I think many of Ron Paul's positions now are crafted to describe what we are dong wrong. We should not be intervening. We should not be printing money out of thin air. We should not be letting illegal immigrants run freely across the border.

Ron Paul is right. But I think he and his team need to spruce up the language a bit.

He needs to tap into the Ronald Reagan vibe of optimism. He needs to give one great speech where he sells a vision of America where everything is great.

If he can deliver this kind of a speech before Super Tuesday he has a shot.