PDA

View Full Version : Times Square Tomorrow Night

gratefulmurray
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM
I am a student at Seton Hall University. I will be going to Time Square tomorrow during the MTV debate along with several other students. The debate is going to be televised on the jumbo MTV television in times square. If anyone here is in the area, you should come. If anyone is already planning on going, do you no if there are any rules for rallying in Times Square? Also, does anyone know what Ron will be doing before or after the debate?

FreeTraveler
02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I am a student at Seton Hall University. I will be going to Time Square tomorrow during the MTV debate along with several other students. The debate is going to be televised on the jumbo MTV television in times square. If anyone here is in the area, you should come. If anyone is already planning on going, do you no if there are any rules for rallying in Times Square? Also, does anyone know what Ron will be doing before or after the debate?

Is the debate being held near there?

KewlRonduderules
02-01-2008, 06:40 PM

No, your good. As long as you do not stay in one place and keep walking. All you need to do is circle that small area because your not staying in one place.

gratefulmurray
02-02-2008, 01:24 AM
yeah, the debate is being held at MTV Studies right on Times Square, all who can make it, come.

kirkblitz
02-02-2008, 01:31 AM
are there speakers in times square? ive never been there and ive always wondered if people could hear what they are watching on those massive tvs.

amonasro
02-02-2008, 01:40 AM
are there speakers in times square? ive never been there and ive always wondered if people could hear what they are watching on those massive tvs.

The Metropolitan Opera has broadcast a few shows in Times Square, so I'd imagine there's some kind of large scale sound system. Come on, it's Times Square!

silverhandorder
02-02-2008, 01:47 AM
Any way we can get in on the debate? Like inside?

miketwalker
02-02-2008, 02:13 AM
Any way we can get in on the debate? Like inside?

I think that just being outside will be better in some ways. If enough of you get out there, we know how MTV likes to do the "shots from up in the studio looking into times square" angles. Someone talking before the thing, after, or maybe even if Dr. Paul just mentions his huge following... it'll give them a cue to show you guys at some point and when people go "Whoa, there aren't a bunch of teenie boppers trying to have *insert fad music personality of the week here* marry them..." they may just say "This guy really has a chance... doesn't he."

Good luck guys, anyone who hasn't been to Times Square this is a great chance. Plus you might even get to talk to some people in the area, could help since NYC essentially decides who wins the primary for New York (to the sadness of the people in upstate)

Have the people in the area posted this in the meetup groups? If not you really should. The momentum of the Obama and Hillary groups is pretty impressive lately. We want to show that we are even larger then they are! :)

Most importantly, have fun!

Edu
02-02-2008, 02:23 AM
Try to be somewhere that you can see a monitor and also be behind whoever is talking with your Ron Paul signs! Make sure the sign is seen.

I have seen people watching a monitor but they forget to move their sign so it can be seen.

Don't worry, you can see it all on youtube later! Concentrate on getting your sign shown.

BTW: What ever happened to the 30ft pole guy? You could use a telescoping camera pole.

EDIT: http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/4459/30footpoleguysr6.jpg
Classic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-jPnZhe58U

You should make a pivot and put a small light weight on the bottom of the sign so it's always upright.

BreakYourChains
02-02-2008, 02:31 AM
Bump

JoBurke
02-02-2008, 03:37 AM

Take cameras!!!! Film everything - especially when people boos the Neocons, but applaud Dr. Paul! get it on film and dont forget the signs!!! Im with you all in spirit!!

have fun!

Edu
02-02-2008, 05:00 AM
Fun!

InLoveWithRon
02-02-2008, 06:20 AM
Take cameras!!!! Film everything - especially when people boos the Neocons, but applaud Dr. Paul! get it on film and dont forget the signs!!! Im with you all in spirit!!

have fun!

Is Ron going to be there? Because he is scheduled to be in Texas today at 3pm for a speech

It looks like Ron will be broadcasting to MTV in New York via satellite.