PDA

View Full Version : An Idea to generate Buzz and Excitement for Ron Paul

born2drv
08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
Why doesn't Ron Paul take questions that are directed to him from YouTube and answer them one by one? I know he could get bombared by questions, but if he just answered one a day.... and had staff to assist him in sifting through questions, etc... why can't it be done???

It would be great to have a candidate directly engage the public in such a personal way, and it would really excite people and most likely get lots of press coverage as well.

He's obviously not going to get enough air time in debates, etc to reach the # of people we need him to reach in order to succeed.... so why not put a Q & A section directly on the official Ron Paul website and encourage people to post questions? We need a You Tube organized and categorized library of Ron Paul's knowledge from these Q+A's.... it would be fantastic....

Can anyone manage to do something like this and get him to participate? Just 1 question a day :)

Thor
08-06-2007, 02:42 PM
I have been talking to headquarters (and his office in the Canon Building)about this. I have built it. It is ready to go. I just need them to get Ron to agree to do it. They are busy, busy, busy.

Ironslave
08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
I think the thing is, we already own youtube. We need to find some way to break through with TV/Radio.

ChairmanMao
08-06-2007, 03:05 PM
"I think the thing is, we already own youtube. We need to find some way to break through with TV/Radio. "

Public access shows?

Lord Xar
08-06-2007, 03:19 PM
Why doesn't Ron Paul take questions that are directed to him from YouTube and answer them one by one? I know he could get bombared by questions, but if he just answered one a day.... and had staff to assist him in sifting through questions, etc... why can't it be done???

It would be great to have a candidate directly engage the public in such a personal way, and it would really excite people and most likely get lots of press coverage as well.

He's obviously not going to get enough air time in debates, etc to reach the # of people we need him to reach in order to succeed.... so why not put a Q & A section directly on the official Ron Paul website and encourage people to post questions? We need a You Tube organized and categorized library of Ron Paul's knowledge from these Q+A's.... it would be fantastic....

Can anyone manage to do something like this and get him to participate? Just 1 question a day :)

Good idea.. tancredo does this on his blog.. .. Ron Paul should definetly do this...

born2drv
08-06-2007, 03:30 PM
I think the thing is, we already own youtube. We need to find some way to break through with TV/Radio.

Well sure but you miss my point :) By engaging the public, asking tough questions, etc.. it would lead to more buzz, ethusiasm, and certainly would translate to more media coverage eventually. Media needs content. The more content we can provide the more the media is likely to pick it up.

Also the more organized the content is, the easier it is for someone to find his stance on this issue or that, etc, not only making it easier for us to spread the message of RP but to make it easier for the media to find the content it needs as well.

Theriot
12-13-2007, 12:59 AM
Maybe he should appear on MTV like McCain just did, but have the audience interested.

I don't know, I guess he will eventually get more publicity after his record breaking day on December 16th.