PDA

View Full Version : FOX NEWS Is In For A Very Rough 2008

ButchHowdy
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
My condolences!

Fox News is in for a very rough 2008

by Eric Boehlert

My guess is that Fox News guru Roger Ailes has been reaching for the Tums more often than usual early in the New Year, and there are lots of reasons for the hovering angst.

Let's take an extended multiple choice quiz. Right now, which of the following topics is likely causing the discomfort inside Ailes' Fox News empire?

A) CNN's resurgence as the go-to cable destination for election coverage.
B) The incredible shrinking candidacy of Fox News' favored son, Rudy Giuliani.
C) The still-standing candidacy of Fox News nemesis and well-funded, anti-war GOP candidate Rep. Ron Paul.
D) The Democratic candidates' blanket refusal to debate on Fox News during the primary season.
E) Host Bill O'Reilly being so desperate for an interview from a Democratic contender that he had to schlep all the way to New Hampshire, where he shoved an aide to Sen. Barack Obama and then had to be calmed down by Secret Service agents.
F) Former Fox News architect and Ailes confidante Dan Cooper posting chapters from his a wildly unflattering tell-all book about his old boss. ("The best thing that ever happened to Roger Ailes was 9/11.")
G) The fledgling Fox Business Network, whose anemic ratings are in danger of being surpassed by some large city public access channels.
H) Host John Gibson's recent heartless attacks on actor Heath Ledger, just hours after the young actor was found dead.
I) Fox News reporter Major Garrett botching his "exclusive" that Paul Begala and James Carville were going to join Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton's presidential campaign, and then refusing to correct the record.

I'd say it's A, B, C, D, E, F, and G. (I doubt Gibson's grave-dancing or Garrett's whopper caused Ailes a moment's concern.)

Bottom line is that Fox News is in for a very rough 2008. And the umbrella reason for that is quite simple: Eight years ago the all-news cable channel went all-in on the presidency of George Bush and became a broadcast partner with the White House. Proof of that was on display Sunday night, January 27, during Fox News' prime-time, "Fighting to the Finish," an "historic documentary" on the final year of Bush's presidency. Filmed in HD and featuring "unprecedented access," according to the Fox News press release, the show was pure propaganda. (I must have missed Fox News' "Fighting to the Finish" special back in 2000, chronicling the conclusion of President Bill Clinton's second term and his "extraordinarily consequential tenure.")

The point is that Fox News years ago made an obvious decision to appeal almost exclusively to Republican viewers. The good news then for Fox News was that it succeeded. The bad news now for Fox News is that it succeeded.

Continued:

http://mediamatters.org/columns/200801290001

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-01-2008, 05:09 PM
who is Eric Boehlert and who does he write for???

Can I republish/distribute this article to 60,000 journalist and writers?

Hunter

ButchHowdy
02-01-2008, 05:13 PM
who is Eric Boehlert and who does he write for???

Can I republish/distribute this article to 60,000 journalist and writers?

Hunter

I guess Eric is one of those on-the-ball Journalists

And yes, you have MY permission!

Staynsane
02-01-2008, 05:19 PM
Don't think I'll be watching much CNN anymore either

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-01-2008, 05:32 PM

+2

A Ron Paul Rebel
02-01-2008, 05:37 PM
I guess Eric is one of those on-the-ball Journalists

And yes, you have MY permission!

Thanks EB.
Have you thought about following up 'G:' with something like,
"...as well as viwers going to independent, local and on-line
media sources in order to get their news!"

I mention this since 'independent, local, on-line publications is
the majority of those 60,000, which they'll love the support.

Hunter

Sarge
02-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Fox made their bed and let them lie in it until they rot along with Rupert.

CNN Anderson Cooper is going the same route. Only Jack and Wolf will speak up any more.

Soon those that will not speak up, are going to find themselves out of a job.

One can not sell their journalistic coverage to the DEVIL, without it becoming evident.

Let them rot. We just need millions more to recognize what they are doing, and they are history.

Ball
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
I fail to see how any of those points will affect the ratings of FOX News. When you polarize your audience, you end up with a very loyal following. Also, a lot of these points are speculative or irrelevant:

A: Speculative (no source cited)

B: Speculative AND irrelevant (not to mention conspiratorial)

C: Irrelevant (how will this affect ratings?!)

D: Granted, but their regular high-ratings shows show no sign of abating

E: Only Bill-Os rival in douchebaggery, Olberman, cared to notice.

F: First I heard of it, which is once more than most Americans

G: Completely irrelevant! FBN is a completely different network. They actually cover Ron Paul on occasion. Eric Boehlert is looking like a complete idiot, grasping at straws at this point.

H: Expendable. Nobody likes that guy, anyway. He's a segue monkey

I: FOX News has botched 'exclusives' more times than I can recall. When has this ever hurt them?

I'm unimpressed

PatriotOne
02-01-2008, 06:13 PM
Fox News is in for a very rough 2008

Their pain will be short lived. Rupert has already planned for the change of power. Fox News is about to become born again liberals :rolleyes:.

Rupert Murdoch Picks Liberal Son As Successor
By Cliff Kincaid

December 12, 2007

http://www.gopusa.com/commentary/ckincaid/2007/ck_12121.shtml

Sean Hannity, the conservative Republican commentator who takes on such controversial issues as Hillary Clinton's legal work in a communist law firm, could be on his way out of the Fox News Channel as a result of Rupert Murdoch's decision to turn the company over to his liberal son James.

James Murdoch, 34, who buys into global warming hysteria, has in recent days been labeled the "News Corporation Heir" and "Son King" because of changes in the company that have dramatically increased his power. The Fox News Channel is one part of Murdoch's News Corporation.

While James Murdoch is based in London and is now being given control of News Corp's business in Europe and Asia, he is scheduled to take control of U.S. operations when Peter Chernin, the president of News Corporation who is based in New York, steps down. Chernin is himself a prominent Democrat.

James Murdoch is said to have convinced his father, 76, to "go green" in a major May 9 speech. In the speech, Rupert Murdoch sounded like Al Gore, saying that "Climate change poses clear, catastrophic threats" and that "We may not agree on the extent, but we certainly can't afford the risk of inaction."

Marc Gunther of Fortune magazine commented that "Murdoch has boldly promised to make News Corp. carbon neutral by 2010 and to weave environmental issues and themes into his newspapers, TV shows, movies and online properties―a tricky business, particularly when it comes to news." (emphasis added)

The Hillary front organization known as Media Matters has challenged Murdoch to rein in the various Fox News personalities, including Hannity, who have voiced skepticism about the man-made global warming theory. The group complains that conservative voices on Fox far outnumber "progressive" voices and that Fox anchors, reporters, and guests inject pro-Republican views into the shows.

Murdoch's decision to hand the European and Asian operations of his company to his son James has been widely interpreted as a sign that James will soon inherit control of the entire company. That means that James' liberal philosophy on environmental and other matters could become the party line not only of News Corporation but the Fox News Channel. Fox News already has come under conservative criticism for airing a Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. special that claimed human activity was causing global warming.

The New York Times has described James Murdoch as "steadfastly liberal" and notes that he "has supported Bill Clinton and Al Gore whose daughter he befriended at Harvard." James Murdoch, who dropped out of Harvard, runs BSkyB, a part of News Corporation which is airing Current TV, a television project sponsored by Gore, and the foreign--financed Al-Jazeera and Al-Jazeera English television channels.

The London Telegraph reports that "Thanks to friendships with Al Gore and Bill Clinton, he [James Murdoch] has developed deep green instincts..." His father made a $500,000 gift to the Clinton Global Initiative.

"I've gotten to know Al [Gore] in a number of different contexts in the last number of years," James Murdoch told the Financial Times in an interview. (web site) We "think the same way about the necessity of being realistic concerning the climate crisis," Gore piped in during the same interview.

While the liberal media establishment is concerned about Murdoch's News Corporation taking control of Dow Jones & Company, which owns a paper, the Wall Street Journal, with liberal news pages, conservatives are concerned that Rupert Murdoch has been moving rapidly to the left over the last several years.

A year ago, AIM went to the News Corporation annual meeting with a series of questions about James Murdoch's increasing influence in the company. The questions included:

James Murdoch wrote an article for the Guardian attacking the conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute for dispensing "inaccurate propaganda" about the global warming issue. But many conservatives regard the theory of man-made global warming as a hoax. Has James Murdoch been persuaded by Al Gore to embrace it?

James Murdoch has criticized the Western media for focusing on China's human rights abuses. Observers say this was an effort to ingratiate the company with Chinese Communist leaders because of News Corporation's extensive business dealings with China. What is your view on that?

At the meeting, where Rupert Murdoch cut the questions short and refused to discuss his successor, AIM also questioned him about his support for Hillary Clinton. He hosted a fundraiser for her, and his New York Post newspaper endorsed her Senate re-election bid.

In Australia, where he was born, Murdoch just recently engineered an endorsement of the left-wing candidate, Kevin Rudd, as Prime Minister by his national newspaper The Australian. Rudd beat the pro-American candidate, John Howard.

On July 7, when the LiveEarth concerts were staged around the world, Murdoch's Foxtel television network was the exclusive Australian broadcast partner for the event. Here, the concerts were aired by the networks owned by GE, whose chairman Jeffrey Immelt also contributes to the Clinton Global Initiative.

Proceeds from the LiveEarth concerts went to the Alliance for Climate Protection, a group headed by Al Gore.

PaultheSaint
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Must have invested in some green products.

PatriotOne
02-01-2008, 06:35 PM
Must have invested in some green products.

Global Warming is the new "War on Terror". It was planned by our Government back in the early 60's.

Google video:

Report from Iron Mountain: Blueprint to Tyranny

nodope0695
02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
PHUK FAUX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faux is THE most terrible "news" network EVER.

ButchHowdy
02-01-2008, 06:51 PM
Benjamin Fulford, the 20-year journalist, who recently interviewed David Rockefeller said that the "War on Terror" is the darling of the Rockefellers while "Global Warming" is the darling of the Rothschilds.

We fight not against flesh and blood but . . . .

PatriotOne
02-02-2008, 01:44 AM
Benjamin Fulford, the 20-year journalist, who recently interviewed David Rockefeller said that the "War on Terror" is the darling of the Rockefellers while "Global Warming" is the darling of the Rothschilds.

We fight not against flesh and blood but . . . .

Fulford has that right. David Mayer de Rothschild even went deep into enemy territory and appeared on Alex Jones show for a global warming debate. David has the title of "Ambassador of Global Warming" or some such thing. Rockefellers and the Roths are working in tandem to bring in the One World Order.

Here's the interview and a couple articles on it.

Alex Jones -David Meyer De Rothschild Interview
Rothschild Interview...Alex Jones interview David Rothschild ...
36 min -

video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4891699310483983031

Top Global Warming Advocate: Jupiter & Saturn Closer To Sun Than EarthAppearing on The Alex Jones Show this past Friday, Rothschild reacted to a ... Sutherland are fanning the flames of global warming hysteria in order to ...
www.prisonplanet.com/articles/july2007/090707closertosun.htm - 39k - Cached - Similar pages

Top Global Warming Advocate: Jupiter & Saturn Closer To Sun Than EarthAppearing on The Alex Jones Show this past Friday, Rothschild reacted to a ... man-made global warming and believed the threats were being exaggerated for ...
www.infowars.com/articles/science/global_warming_rothschild_jupiter_closer_to_sun_th an_earth.htm - 29k - Cached - Similar pages

Alex Jones' Infowars.com :: There is a War on for Your Mind!National Radio Broadcaster and Documentary Filmmaker Alex Jones Presents ... Rothschild Global Warming Handbook Accompanies Hyped 7/7 Live Earth Concert ...
infowars.com/archives/2007/july/07-06-07.html - 78k - Cached - Similar pages
More results from infowars.com »

parke
02-02-2008, 02:07 AM

The internet is more fun. More productive.

No commercials.

Nothing you DONT want to know. Like I give a shit if Britney goes to the funny farm. Montel said it right.. We arent talking about the kids that died in Iraq this month. We are talking about gossip and nothingness. (new word) Remember that the holders of the media dont tell you what they dont want you to know. Jeff Toobin (CNN) was stupid enough to say there wasnt a NAU even though Lou Dobbs has covered it.

Thats what we are up against. People who actually believe this BS. Its hard to free a mind that thinks its already free.

My child will learn from the internet and the only time the TV will be turned on is... probably never.

The internet set my mind free. I like being able to find the information I want and little of the crap I dont. This is the future.. for the sake of our children and our country. It will make us more intelligent by forcing us to critically think instead of 'wait to be told.'

What country created the internet again?

Oh yes.. The good ole USA. America created the solution to big government.

I wont be supporting CNN anymore either. Between Lou Dobbs in flat out denial of RP, exposing himself to this long time fan as a hypocrite and Cooper being a blatant liar directly to RP during a debate... Im fuming mad.

I trust Cafferty. The only man that said it the way it was. Cafferty should interview Ron Paul. Id turn the family tv to watch that.Thats pretty much the only time Id watch it.

daviddee
02-02-2008, 02:55 AM

Paulitician
02-02-2008, 03:14 AM
I don't see how it will have a rough year when a recent survey found them the most trusted news source was Fox News, taking CNN's prior spot (which could be BS but lets give it the benefit of the doubt). They are still most watched in primetime than any other news station, as daviddee points out. Maybe they'll suffer some minor losses here and there, but so will all the other phony news stations as more and more people find out about the propaganda they spew and they start moving toward the Internet. That's a trend I don't see ever stopping. Unfortunately, similar sites of news coverage could turn be just as influencial as the current ones are... so it'd mainly be a technological shift. However, if the internet stays free as it is, it guess it'll be easier to expose propaganda so there is reason to be optimistic. Just don't get your hopes up expecting things to change in months. These things take years if not decades.

jasonjasonjason1
02-02-2008, 03:25 AM
aa

JoBurke
02-02-2008, 03:57 AM
RIH (instead of RIP) = Rest in Hell!

ronpaulblogsdotcom
02-02-2008, 04:08 AM
Fox is interesting in that they seem to have made a complete change in what they support. At least behind the scenes. I was looking at FEC donor lists and noticed a lot of Hillary donations at News Corp. I put as much as I could get a hold of in an excel file and played with it.

$14,000 GOP Presidential donations total by all employees.
$310,800 to Democrats with $200k going to Hillary
http://ronpaulblogs.com/best-candidate/fox-news-conservative-14000-to-republicans-310800-to-democratic-candidates/

My excel file is there too if you want to look at it. I am not totally sure about all the numbers but the basic idea is there. They dont donate to Republicans now and it seems to be a policy.

This is an amazing 22 to 1 ratio from a perceived as Republican organization. Are they so sure Democrats and Hillary have won? Why? Is it from their not favoring any Republican and putting Ron Paul down constantly?

What in the hell will they do if a Republican wins and they have been snubbing them the whole time and backing Democrats which must be a policy there for the numbers to be so skewed.