PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on homepage of presstv.ir

PepperdotNet
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
Paul: Secretive elite controls America

Presidential candidate Ron Paul says he traces America's problems to the flawed monetary policy of the wealthy and secretive elite.

www.presstv.ir

My concern: does attention from an Islamic Regime controlled media outlet help or hurt our cause?
Secondary thought: it is very sad indeed that there is more accurate reporting coming from an Islamic Regime controlled media outlet, than from the "free press" of America.

asgardshill
02-01-2008, 04:47 PM
My concern: does attention from an Islamic Regime controlled media outlet help or hurt our cause?

Criticism from a country that executes 16-year old girls for "crimes against chastity" is probably not going to exactly be the stinging kind.

PepperdotNet
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
You misunderstand my concern here.

RP is gettng positive, not negative, coverage from the iranian press, i fear that could be construed into "endorsed by terrorists!" label from our opponents.

asgardshill
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
You misunderstand my concern here.

RP is gettng positive, not negative, coverage from the iranian press, i fear that could be construed into "endorsed by terrorists!" label from our opponents.

I see what you mean. Sorry, and I did misinterpret what you were trying to get at. Yes I think there are some rabid Ron Paul-haters out there (the Hannity web site for one) who will try to use this against his candidacy. But even if it had never happened, those loons would have just made shit up anyway, and they've expectorated such a drumbeat of criticism already that any further criticism from them will probably just get lost in the caca pile. The "OK OK, we GET it - you don't like Ron Paul" phenomena. Too large a load of playa hating is self-correcting and self-censoring.

PepperdotNet
02-01-2008, 04:58 PM
so true.

there are several 'interesting' articles there, looks like the iranian goverment is pro-freedom.

Not for their own people of course, but for us, especially if it keeps us from meddling with their little dictatorship.

Dr.3D
02-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Just remember where you got your information from about Iran! Perhaps we don't really know what is going on over there. For all we know, our media and government has told us a bunch of lies.