PDA

View Full Version : Converted a neo con, one more vote for California

Catatonic
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
My dad, life long Republican drone. Voted for Bush twice and would vote for him again if it were possible. Never had a thought that wasn't a product of limbaugh/hannity/medved in regards to politics. This was very frustrating to me because he's a very intelligent guy, he's just not good at thinking for himself.

Anyway, around July of last year I went over some Ron Paul material with him, showed him some vids on the Federal Reserve system and some Ron Paul vids showing his conservative credentials. He didn't seem to respond either way but my brother informed me later that he considered Ron Paul a 'crackpot' and continued to follow the neo con talking heads, so I decided not to spend any more time on him and began focusing more on people who were on the fence about who to vote for.

Well, he called me today telling me he'd be voting for Ron Paul on Tuesday. I'd been sending him info on the shortcommings of McCain, Romney, and Huckabee, and I think, like most Republicans, he's become very frustrated with the direction his party is taking. There are only 4 candidates left so the media ploy of finding a new front runner every week and hailing them as the epitome of conservativsm isn't really working anymore.

Anywho, just thought I'd share a little success story. I thought he was a lost cause but maybe there is hope for neo cons.

Jae0
02-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Good job!