PDA

View Full Version : Will We Break $1 MILLION?

nodope0695
02-01-2008, 04:31 PM
I've got my fingers crossed. :D

http://ynfbizbuilder.com/1million_dollars.jpg

MattV
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
well, i was hoping for a lot more but i always have high hopes. we should get more than 1 million. a lot of people have yet to get off work and there will likely be a big drive in the final hour.

slacker921
02-01-2008, 04:35 PM
see here (http://paulcash.slact.net/).. we need to break $1 Million today AND tomorrow.

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah we'll break One Million, between now and 6pm the donations will climb.

I think we could break into the 3rd highest day, only 1.1 Million away, and over 6 hours to go!

Oneironaut07
02-01-2008, 04:38 PM
im guessing the late night surge to push ron over 1 million will push him above 1 million
after all every day the donation rates are the highest from 7pm-12pm (on average)
so if he can pull in 55-70k an hour for those 5 hours he will finish with about 1.05-1.2 million

PaultheSaint
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Friday is payday for a lot! :D

Most are cashing their checks as we speak and hitting up happyhour. Expect a 9pm eastern time surge lol

hueylong
02-01-2008, 04:57 PM
This is HUGE peeps. To have a million dollar day -- only 10 days after our last moneybomb... AND with only 7 days to prep!

The R3VOLUTION is growing up.

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM

Wow. So much worthless paper.

LukeNM
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM
This is sad! We are sending a message to Ron Paul not to go on...

nodope0695
02-01-2008, 05:05 PM

Fiat Money Baby!!!!!!!!:D

nodope0695
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Friday is payday for a lot! :D

Most are cashing their checks as we speak and hitting up happyhour. Expect a 9pm eastern time surge lol

Yep, it was payday for me. I paid Ron before I paid my rent or anyother bills...:D

virginiakid
02-01-2008, 05:25 PM
Unfortunately, Friday is statically one of the lowest donation days of the week. Tuesday are the best for the amount of donors who donate. http://ronpaulgraphs.com/daily_donors.html and Sunday and Mondays are the best days to getting the biggest donations. http://ronpaulgraphs.com/daily_total.html

danny987
02-01-2008, 05:34 PM

I'd still be glad to take it:D

MattMinnesota
02-01-2008, 05:38 PM
It'll break a million easily by the end of the day. I'm thinking we'll have the 4th biggest fundraising day here. Not bad for a pretty short notice money bomb. I only wish I could donate more! :(

Sey.Naci
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
$1M isn't good enough. The campaign has asked to reach $8.4M by Feb 5th. This bomb has got to get moving a lot faster.

Really, the whole thing about money bombs has worn itself out, at least for the people who have been around awhile. A large daily tally is what's needed.

tommy7154
02-01-2008, 05:55 PM
This is sad! We are sending a message to Ron Paul not to go on...

Just understand that this 51st anniversary money bomb came about like a week or 2 ago, and other than here and the website for it I haven't seen any advertising for it. So about a million is pretty good in reality.

The rather huge problem is that the goal by Feb 5th is 8.4 million...so unless he gets a million dollars a day until then he isn't going to get to 8.4 which is pathetic. 8.4 million for what is quite possibly the last chance this country has. If only 90,000 people donated 50 dollars or 45,000 people donated 100 dollars he would get that extra 4.5 million he's asking for.

50-100 dollars for the future of this country is imo the best investment of such a small amount of cash anyone could ever dream to make.

Hopefully he can make do with whatever he ends up getting...i'm just going to have to sit back and sigh at anyone who's shocked or angered when his goal isn't met and he has to drop out.

hdmf
02-01-2008, 06:12 PM
$1M isn't good enough. The campaign has asked to reach $8.4M by Feb 5th. This bomb has got to get moving a lot faster.

Really, the whole thing about money bombs has worn itself out, at least for the people who have been around awhile. A large daily tally is what's needed.

$1 Million is an incredible number for a 24hr. period. I think you've been spoiled by the overwhelming success of the previous money bombs. No other campaign is raising anywhere near these kinds of numbers. And when you add the fact it is coming from ordinary supporters makes it even more incredible. Of course the more money bombs you have the less each successive bomb is going to make. People have probably already given more than they can afford and to say that the whole money bomb thing has worn itself out, is an insult to those of us that have gone beyond our budgets to contribute.

wgadget
02-01-2008, 06:15 PM

I thought they asked for that much by the end of this quarter...?

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-01-2008, 06:16 PM
Fiat Money Baby!!!!!!!!:D

$1.00 = 5 cents

what a joke......

LukeNM
02-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I feel like we have lost a lot of supporters and I am starting to get discouraged. I am maxed out as I am sure other are too, but the base should be growing to compensate. This is a very important time prior to Feb 5th to send a strong message to Ron Paul that we want him to continue to fight for us.

I have received at least 10 emails in the last 2 days about this event so I do not think it is an issue of the lead-time or lack of notification.

Come on people get off your wallets and lets send a strong message to continue the fight after Feb 5th.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-01-2008, 06:24 PM
Dr. & Mrs. Paul are such an inspiration to our family. After MLK, we said no more giving, but today we got inspired again by these awesome people and gave $201!

We've sent out 100's of letters, sponsored ads in our newspaper and gave as much as we can afford this month. One of the things I love about Dr. Paul is even though he sees all the problems with America, he has never developed a bad attitude or given up. We won't either!

hueylong
02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
Get a grip people. Only 10 days since the last moneybomb, and this one only promoted for a week.

The biggest problem we have is too much whining on the forums.

DFF
02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
I feel like we have lost a lot of supporters and I am starting to get discouraged. I am maxed out as I am sure other are too, but the base should be growing to compensate. This is a very important time prior to Feb 5th to send a strong message to Ron Paul that we want him to continue to fight for us.

People love a winner and the reality is Paul is losing. Unless the Almighty himself intervenes on Super Tuesday, his aspirations for the GOP nomination are over.

But this is where the fun begins, cuz' Paul will go 3rd party and because of his influence on the outcome of the general election -- the MSM will be forced to talk about him, which will subsequently give him the press he so badly needs to become President.

NerveShocker
02-01-2008, 06:31 PM
im guessing the late night surge to push ron over 1 million will push him above 1 million
after all every day the donation rates are the highest from 7pm-12pm (on average)
so if he can pull in 55-70k an hour for those 5 hours he will finish with about 1.05-1.2 million

Agreed and I think that is happening. It's speeding up right now and looks like we will break a million as long as we stay at 50k an hour. We're at 56k an hour right now. :) http://paulcash.slact.net/

Rebel Resource
02-01-2008, 06:36 PM

Money bombs and their success are strongly correlated to the amount of time spent promoting them.....

This is a week's promotion and we're going to pass $1m easily.

Feb 21st was maybe two weeks promotion and it came close to $2m.

Tea Party I'm sure was a month of promotion, maybe someone can clear this up.

Tomorrow we'll have the hangover effect and another massive day, then the final surge towards Super Tuesday will probably see us come close to $6m.....remember the offline donations are imminent!

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
This money bomb is kickin ass people...

Think we are already ahead of where we were at this time in the 4th quarter.

1st 32 days in 4th quarter = $2.1 million

vs.

1st 32 days in this quarter = over $5 million

Wake Up we are beating all other Republicans in fundraising!

LukeNM
02-01-2008, 06:39 PM
It's not the people here that are contributing that I am worried about; it is the ones that aren't. Total donors today so far is 9,500 this should be 30,000 or more even if it was just $5.00 and new are 1,500 and they should be at least half of the total donors. I can agree that the dollars can be down, but the total number of donors should still be up.

rank donations
1 59,170
2 38,905
3 24,430
4 9,410

Let's see if we can get the number of contributors up if not the dollars.

NerveShocker
02-01-2008, 06:45 PM
It's not the people here that are contributing that I am worried about; it is the ones that aren't. Total donors today so far is 9,500 this should be 30,000 or more even if it was just $5.00 and new are 1,500 and they should be at least half of the total donors. I can agree that the dollars can be down, but the total number of donors should still be up.

rank donations
1 59,170
2 38,905
3 24,430
4 9,410

Let's see if we can get the number of contributors up if not the dollars.

Hum.. I think you missed his point. This is 11 days after the last money-bomb, therefore only 11 days for people to get on board and hear about it. Also it means many people have just donated and likely can't afford to donate again or donate as much this time. All the other money-bomb days you are comparing this to had twice to four times as much time to prepare for. Considering it's only been 11 days since the 1.8mil money-bomb we are doing amazing.

tarabyte
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
People love a winner and the reality is Paul is losing. Unless the Almighty himself intervenes on Super Tuesday, his aspirations for the GOP nomination are over.

But this is where the fun begins, cuz' Paul will go 3rd party and because of his influence on the outcome of the general election -- the MSM will be forced to talk about him, which will subsequently give him the press he so badly needs to become President.

How about giving super tuesday a chance?

dawnbt
02-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Money bombs and their success are strongly correlated to the amount of time spent promoting them.....

This is a week's promotion and we're going to pass $1m easily.

Feb 21st was maybe two weeks promotion and it came close to $2m.

Tea Party I'm sure was a month of promotion, maybe someone can clear this up.

Tomorrow we'll have the hangover effect and another massive day, then the final surge towards Super Tuesday will probably see us come close to $6m.....remember the offline donations are imminent!

Exactly. Name one other candidates could raise 1 million in 24 hours with 1 week notice. There are also over 1500 new donors!!

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 06:52 PM
Don't forget we have the Maine caucaus this weekend, and are expecting to do very well.

Jae0
02-01-2008, 06:54 PM
Short answer - Yes we will

Blythexo
02-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Over 1200 or so first time donors today!

crackyflipside
02-01-2008, 06:58 PM
I'm very impressed by today!!! There was very little time given to properly market this money bomb and we still get a massive donation especially so soon since the last moneybomb.

Bravo, fellow patriots, keep on donating and keep on preaching liberty!

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 07:01 PM
I'm very impressed by today!!! There was very little time given to properly market this money bomb and we still get a massive donation especially so soon since the last moneybomb.

Bravo, fellow patriots, keep on donating and keep on preaching liberty!

I know. Remember when we tried something like this back on 11/30 'Rudy's Reading List'?

We only raised $531,000 that day and we had a longer lead time.

Today we will raise over $1,000,000 11 days after our last money bomb.:D

tpreitzel
02-01-2008, 07:02 PM

We should, but it'll likely be close. Now, we have to raise $3M more in 3 days. Let's just do the best that we can. ;)

hueylong
02-01-2008, 07:02 PM
Going to be dead on it. A very impressive accomplishment. And a fitting Anniversary present.