PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's New Book: Should he use half of the profits for the campaign?

Oneironaut07
02-01-2008, 04:16 PM
think about it if the book sells say 1 million copies ron would make about idk maybe 5 million from it, plus it would raise his exposure
do u think he is writing this book to propel an independent run??

Johnnybags
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
think about it if the book sells say 1 million copies ron would make about idk maybe 5 million from it, plus it would raise his exposure
do u think he is writing this book to propel an independent run??

If he announced an independent run the donations would soar. All he needs to do is not act like a pacifist in the event we are truly threatened. The damn old people are looking for Al Quaeda under thier beds, hence McCain.

Oyate
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
It's his book, he wrote it, let him decide what to do with his money.

icon124
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
no he should buy more gold and get more guns cuz he seems to know exactly when this is gonna hit us :)

Truth Warrior
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
YEP!

Oneironaut07
02-01-2008, 04:22 PM
yeah thats true it should be his money but mitt romney is spending buttloads of his own fortune
maybe he should save the profits from the book sales which I'm sure will exceed 20 million by 2012 to spearhead his second campaign because we all know that the republican nominee (if its not ron paul) will lose to Hitlery Hussein Oh-bomb-ahhhhhh!

Shinerxx
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
I think the timing of the book provides a win-win situation; April 30 release. The Republican National Convention is not until the first of September. Should a brokered convention occur the book would help propel Ron Paul to victory and finally a victory to the Whitehouse. Should he run indy the book will help aid his independant bid. I think it is genious and obviously was planned months/years ago.

Vvick727
he should funnel the cash to help out likeminded congressmen

Bluedevil
Foreigners can "donate" by buying the book. Given our international support that could be significant. Even if the money doesnt go to the campaign, having Ron Pauls book debut at #1 would be huge. Wouldnt that mean his book would be all over every bookstore. A lot of curiously people would have heard his name and buy his book. I really hope the book is well written, could be huge.

garyallen59
02-01-2008, 04:25 PM
he should whatever the frig he wants to with it...gah

brunner
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
I think the timing of the book provides a win-win situation; April 30 release. The Republican National Convention is not until the first of September. Should a brokered convention occur the book would help propel Ron Paul to victory and finally a victory to the Whitehouse. Should he run indy the book will help aid his independant bid. I think it is genious and obviously was planned months/years ago.

Maybe we should organize to buy a copy for each of the delegates at the RNC :)

phixion
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Maybe we should organize to buy a copy for each of the delegates at the RNC :)

Yes. In fact, Ron Paul needs to give a way for supporters to buy copies in BULK at huge discounts.

They can be spread far and wide. A copy for every congressman, put in libraries, colleges and universities...

Simply everywhere needs to be littered with them.

Every journalist needs a copy. Every media figurehead.

The book needs to infiltrate every facet of the establishment and have people on the inside asking themselves some big questions.

Pete

brunner
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM
Yes. In fact, Ron Paul needs to give a way for supporters to buy copies in BULK at huge discounts.

They can be spread far and wide. A copy for every congressman, put in libraries, colleges and universities...

Simply everywhere needs to be littered with them.

Every journalist needs a copy. Every media figurehead.

The book needs to infiltrate every facet of the establishment and have people on the inside asking themselves some big questions.

Pete

The question is, which would be more valuable... a) The ability to get a bulk discount or b) A listing on the NY Times Bestseller list without the "cheaters cross" on it

hillertexas
02-01-2008, 04:48 PM

+1

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000

RPCanadian
02-01-2008, 04:51 PM
[quote=

hueylong
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Would it be possible for every fool on these boards to STOP telling Dr. Paul what to do?

Jeez!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

kigol
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM

jbuttell
02-01-2008, 05:02 PM
He should do as he pleases with it.

GoDrNo
02-01-2008, 05:10 PM
no he should buy more gold and get more guns cuz he seems to know exactly when this is gonna hit us :)

That's what I'm doing with some of my money in the near near future.

kylejack
02-01-2008, 05:16 PM
Ron Paul refuses to take the lucrative Congressional pension. When he retires, he'll have only his previous income and investments to sustain him, not a never-ending stream of pension payments.

Show some respect. He can do whatever he wants with the money he gets from the book.

Yom
02-01-2008, 05:30 PM

Your sig points to http://missronapul.com, not missronpaul.

OReich
02-01-2008, 06:54 PM
I don't mean to be anti-"enjoying your earnings", but i think 100% of Paul's earnings from this book should go towards the campaign; in fact, I think he should promote the book for just that purpose (well, and to help spread the message; I'm just not entirely sure how affective it'll be in that way, so I'm thinking about the money).

kylejack
02-01-2008, 07:05 PM
I don't mean to be anti-"enjoying your earnings", but i think 100% of Paul's earnings from this book should go towards the campaign; in fact, I think he should promote the book for just that purpose (well, and to help spread the message; I'm just not entirely sure how affective it'll be in that way, so I'm thinking about the money).
When this campaign is over and Ron Paul fails to secure the presidency, Ron Paul's career is going to be near its end. It might be easier for you to say how he should spend his money, but you're not the one that has to live with that decision.