PDA

View Full Version : ronpaulbookbomb.com affiliate links $$??

PauliticsPolitics
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
The links to Amazon and BarnesAndNoble on the ronpaulbookbomb.com/ (http://ronpaulbookbomb.com/) site are "referal links" or "affiliate links" which means someone is making a little side money from this. Please, I beg of you, please donate that money to a good RP related cause when you get the money for 1000's of referals (usually 40-50% of the profit off the sale). Please...

PauliticsPolitics
02-01-2008, 03:43 PM
Somebody from that site, please respond, otherwise I will have to set up a similar site with a signed document pledging all referal/affiliate proceeds to Ron Paul related projects.

Ethek
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
To be fair the link from Lew Rockwells site is a referral link as well. It may not be intentional.

offroadaz
02-01-2008, 03:49 PM
no its intentional

dont follow his links just go to amazon.com and buy it yourself

Jassman
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Or you could use http://www.amazon.freetalklive.com, since Free Talk Live is a libertarian radio show that has been very supportive of Dr. Paul...

Rocket80
Why do we care if someone is making a little money off Ron Paul? The site isn't deceitful or dishonest in any way....Sure it'd be great to donate it, but if not, so what?

PauliticsPolitics
i sometimes wonder how many people are cashing in on the side from ron paul suporters. heh, i guess it's better than cashing in by traficking children like parts of the UN has been a part of...

RohanT
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
No worries here. Amazon will pay the referral money, so nothing is being taken away from Ron Paul.

Plus, the money's being donated to Paul & covering server hosting costs.

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 04:15 PM
somoeone from the site already mentioned some of it will be donated and some of it will go pay for the hosting which they were paying themselves

geez... we ive ina free market movement, we should be discouraging free market behavior

brunner
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
The links to Amazon and BarnesAndNoble on the ronpaulbookbomb.com/ (http://ronpaulbookbomb.com/) site are "referal links" or "affiliate links" which means someone is making a little side money from this. Please, I beg of you, please donate that money to a good RP related cause when you get the money for 1000's of referals (usually 40-50% of the profit off the sale). Please...

I already said that I would donate it to Ron and pay for hosting in another thread.

PauliticsPolitics
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
somoeone from the site already mentioned some of it will be donated and some of it will go pay for the hosting which they were paying themselves

geez... we ive ina free market movement, we should be discouraging free market behavior

exactly. if there is a book bomb site that is to keep profits as opposed to donating them, i should freely be able to start a competing site that promises to donate the proceeds to paul causes. however, it seems these people are honest, i would be happier if they promised to donate the money on the site.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Nothing wrong with affiliate links! The more money in the hands of Ron Paul loving, Constitution loving, Freedom loving people -- the better!

nullvalu
02-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I already said that I would donate it to Ron and pay for hosting in another thread.

Sweet.. You're a good man! (or woman?) :D