PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Paul excluded from economic challenge ** Email Now **

NoPants
02-01-2008, 03:10 PM
Original thread: CNN Economic Plan Challenge for Presidential Candidates (Andy Serwer) (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=108520) from "News About The Official Campaign"

Andy Serwer challenges the candidates to a detailed economic plan discussion and LEAVES OUT Dr. Paul.

Video: http://money.cnn.com/video/ft/#/video/fortune/2008/01/31/streetlife.candidates.fortune

Email's needed. Please ask politely for an invitation to Dr. Paul. Below is the message I sent:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I watched Andy Serwer's video "Candidates: Get a Plan" and noticed it did not include an invitation to Dr. Ron Paul. I believe he has an outstanding economic plan, which is available on his website: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/163/ron-paul-unveils-a-real-economic-stimulus-plan

I appreciate your looking at Dr. Paul's plan and giving consideration to extending an invitation for him to take part in the challenge. Because of the busy schedules of the candidates, perhaps you could invite one of Dr. Paul's economic advisor's instead, Peter Schiff or Don Luskin, to comment on the stimulus plan.

Kindest regards,

Please send your email's to: fortunemail_letters@fortunemail.com
Fortune customer service #: 1-800-621-8000 (they'll just refer you to the email above, but feel free to call)

Remember to be polite.

hillertexas
02-01-2008, 03:12 PM
bump

Join The Paul Side
02-01-2008, 03:13 PM
CNN and Fox keep getting more and more rediculous everyday. :mad:

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Everybody throw ur tv over board...AAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH

firebirdnation
02-01-2008, 03:16 PM
e-mail sent.

firebirdnation
02-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Any phone numbers to call?

Nate K
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
I'm Gonna Crush Someone's Skulllll

NoPants
02-01-2008, 03:25 PM
Any phone numbers to call?

I've added the phone number to my original post. They just refer you to the email, but call if you like.

nullvalu
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
email sent

Ron2Win
02-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Bumb, email sent

Goldwater Conservative
02-01-2008, 03:37 PM
Covering six candidates instead of five? They don't have that kind of time!!!

AFM
02-01-2008, 03:39 PM
Sent

dougr583
02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
Just sent:

Sirs,

Mr. Serwer seems grossly misinformed about several topics, the most immediate being the names of the candidates running for the Republican nomination for the presidency. Either he is misinformed or is deliberately excluding the man most qualified to comment on the economy, Dr. Ron Paul. Perhaps Mr. Serwer is not a fan of the Austrian school, which would be unsurprising for a mainstream pundit, and because of that does not want to hear what Dr. Paul has to say, but here I resort to mere speculation as to his motivations. If in fact he is under the impression that Dr. Paul has dropped out, I would remind him that no indeed, Dr. Paul has not dropped out and in fact has more money available to continue his campaign than any of his Republican rivals with the exception of Mr. Romney who has a vast personal fortune he is willing to squander.

Additionally, Mr. Serwer seems to think we live in a country where the government plans the economy. I would like to take this opportunity to point out to him that the initials of our country are "U. S. A.", not "U. S. S. R." and to remind him that central planning has proven to be a complete failure time and time again, the downfall of which was predicted years in advance by Mises and Hayek among others. The correct response to today's economic crisis is not what the Federal Government should do, but what it should not do. Of the current crop of candidates for the Presidential nominations, only Dr. Paul has a grasp of this basic economic concept. The current "front runner" in the Republican primary, John McCain even admits he knows nothing about economics! I can send you the You Tube video of him saying that should you remain unconvinced of his economic ignorance.

Given Mr. Serwer's apparent lack of ability to grasp basic facts, I find it surprising that a publication with your reputation would allow such shoddy journalism to air under its banner.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Sincerely,

--
Doug Ritter

Lord Xar
02-01-2008, 03:43 PM
sent.
Listen, emails and calls DO WORK! It worked for the myspace debate. It does work.

idrake
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
To : Andy Serwer

I applaud your effort to discuss policy and I am excited to see a journalist with the intellect and responsibility to meet these issues head on. You've gained a lot credibility in my eyes and in the minds of many others who appreciate your efforts. I should note, however, that credibility is also very delicate. Won't you protect yours by including Ron Paul as part of your economic plan discussion?

Regards,

Ian Drake
President, Drake Technology Solutions Inc.

Original_Intent
02-01-2008, 03:58 PM
If they invite Ron they are afraid it will make Huckabee look stupid when he amazingly has the exact same plan.

jkm1864
02-01-2008, 04:07 PM
Emailed the communist pigs

Shink
02-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Andy Serwer called for ALL presidential candidates to come forward with plans for the economy. All would mean EACH ONE. Dr. Ron Paul must be included in this. He is the only one who has dedicated decades of his life to studying the economy and defending the free market. Just because he'll embarrass everybody else with his sharp intellect does not mean you should exclude him in any way. Do NOT toy with the First Amendment of the Constitution. Please, do yourself and everyone a favor and INCLUDE RON PAUL.

Sean Kamp
Veteran, concerned American
Sent. Everyone, please help out!

Heather in WI
02-01-2008, 04:18 PM
sent:

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am extremely disappointed to hear that you have not invited presidential candidate Ron Paul to participate in your economic plan discussion. Were you aware that Dr. Paul is currently the ranking member of the House Financial Services Committee's Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade, and Technology? He also has a comprehensive economic revitalization plan on his website here: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/prosperity.

I encourage you to reconsider your decision and extend an invitation to Dr. Paul to participate in this discussion. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

escuec
02-01-2008, 04:21 PM
Sent an email.

Radiofoot
02-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Dear whoever this may reach,
As I'm sure you're now aware - there are a lot of us who believe it is unfair to exclude Ron Paul from the proposed "Candidates: Get A Plan" challenge.

Contrary to what you may believe, as of late, Ron Paul is a serious contender for the Republican nomination: he is gathering a LOT of momentum. In this quarter alone he has raised in excess of $4.5million in donations - more than ANY other republican candidate. Not only this, but he has came second in the recent primaries in Nevada and Louisiana, and stands a very good chance of winning in Maine (as reported by MSN). Fringe candidates do not share these successes.

However, this momentum, and his grassroots support is all for nothing if he isn't allowed to participate in events such as these. Any respectable media broadcasting company would realize that there should be no preferential treatment given to any candidate when something as big as the presidential election is at stake: that the people should have fair access to information on ALL candidates.

Contrary to the information presented on the advert, Ron Paul has a very detailed plan on what he would do for the economy, which is an alternative to what the other candidates are offering. Not to mention that Ron Paul has studied economics for the larger portion of his life, and has wrote several books on the subject. Much more than Mc Cain can offer, who admits himself that he has no clue about the workings of the economy. It is outrageous that you'd consider to air Mc Cain's views at the expense of Paul's.

I'm sure Ron Paul would be delighted to appear on the show, and his millions of supporters also. And if you believe in a fair democratic process and unbiased reporting I'm sure you'll also be delighted to hear and allow his views to be heard.

Thank you for your time and consideration of this matter, it is greatly respected

#######

I may be from the UK... But Ron Paul and his campaign have been very inspiring for me. It's the least I can do in return.
It'll also be nice to boast that "I helped change the world" in a few months time. :D

BadFox
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Has anyone gotten any responses?
I sent an email a while back and got this response:

"Thank you for your letter to FORTUNE. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. I will pass your comments along to the editors.

Regards,

Cullen Wheeler
Letters
FORTUNE"

Paul Revered
02-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Bump

ValidusCustodiae
02-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Don't expect much out of Serwer.

Gadsdenfly
02-01-2008, 04:37 PM
I send polite emails to these newspapers, television shows, networks but I'm not sure what good it does. They just filter out the RP mail. It really is frustrating but then again nobody paid any attentin to Harry Browne either and he had very similar ideas and was an excellent public speaker. Get used to it. Actual change scares these people.

rexsolomon
02-01-2008, 04:44 PM
I send polite emails to these newspapers, television shows, networks but I'm not sure what good it does. They just filter out the RP mail. It really is frustrating but then again nobody paid any attentin to Harry Browne either and he had very similar ideas and was an excellent public speaker. Get used to it. Actual change scares these people.

We'd need to keep their phone lines busy then.
But filling their email boxes would still help.

Would any of the moderators kindly ensure that this thread is kept on top?

Dr. Paul must be included in this Economic Plan discussion on CNN!

Surely this is important?!?!

BadFox
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Agreed.
It's getting outrageous.

grizzums
02-01-2008, 04:52 PM
Message sent. Email crafted not as a Ron Paul supporter, but as an economics student and concerned citizen. Respectful, but firm.

dawnbt
02-01-2008, 04:53 PM
Email sent!

dawnbt
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM
IGNORE THE MAINSTREAM MEDIA!

BE THE MEDIA AT THE GRASSROOTS LEVEL!

Contacting neighbors and participating in the Precinct Leader program (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/signup.php) will bring more people to the movement than 1,000,000,000,000 emails to the mainstream media EVER will!

Been there, done it..now on to email bomb!

kigol
02-01-2008, 04:55 PM
woah

CurtisLow
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Email sent

Bruce4Ron
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
Bump & Sent

Tschaka
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
bump and sent

Staynsane
02-01-2008, 05:34 PM
bump

DDMX
02-01-2008, 05:39 PM
bump

Jeez, if anyone should be there it is paul. he knows more than anyone else.

Rhys
02-01-2008, 06:07 PM
emailed

ATS
02-01-2008, 06:08 PM
To Whom it may concern

As a corporate owner here in the states of Illinois I pay close attention to current and projected economic conditions that will affect sales of my products and budgeting figures for the following year. Obviously, the 2008 Presidential election will influence tax incentives for capital expenditures over the next 4 years. Please note that Presidential Candidate Ron Paul was not mentioned with respect to an invitation to participate. I strongly urge you on behalf of my corporation and other business owners in my area to extend an invitation to this candidate as I have reviewed his economic summary and believe that on the surface it provides the most potential for my growing business. I would like to hear the full disclosure of details on his plan prior to making my decision followed by my recommendation to the Small Business Association.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Phantom
02-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Why are threads like this not pinned?

We got MTV to change their minds, hopefully we can do the same thing here and get Ron Paul included in this Economic Challenge.

Email sent.

Do the right thing moderators, pin this thread.

ronpaul.in
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM
sent, also added a line about raising 20mil last quarter that is no small feat!

Radiofoot
02-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Bump!

To anyone who's going to send an email, consider sending it from the following viewpoints:

Economics student
Avid CNN watcher
Owner Of a small business
An undecided voter
A supporter of another candidate who thinks it's unfair
An owner of a popular blog reporting on media bias

OP, if you can, edit this your post to provide this information.

If we all send emails as Ron Paul fans, we'll lower our chances. If we send them as everyday people, not only does it look like the word's getting out - thus they're more likely to take us seriously, but it also makes us look less like obsessive cultist freaks.

kutibah
02-01-2008, 06:19 PM
Email sent.

kyleAF
02-01-2008, 06:34 PM
Hi,

I noticed that Mr. Serwer's request for the candidates to give a detailed plan on the economy (which I think is an EXCELLENT idea) did not include an invitation for Dr. Ron Paul. Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but he's the only candidate who has actually authored books on economic issues?? I think it will be in your best interest to include *everyone* when you extend an invitation such as this with the ostensible purpose of ensuring someone with sound economic plans and knowledge gains the White House. This is especially important given our precarious position within the economy today.

If you want to see for yourself what his plan might entail, then visit: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/prosperity

Thank you and I expect to see him added to the invitation very soon,

Feelgood
02-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Dear Mr Serwer,

I must say, after seeing your video challenge, I laughed quite heartily for several minutes. It was amusing to say the least. There is a reason you have not heard anything from the candidates you listed, and the reasons are

#1) Those candidates are all members of the CFR or are CFR wanna be's, and want nothing more then for things to remain the same. They are quite happy the way things are, and do not want things to change.

#2) You completely neglected to list the only candidate that not only has a plan, has posted his plan, and has a real understanding of the Economy. His name is Dr. Ron Paul, candidate for the nomination to the Republican party for President.

I'm quite certain that if "you step up to the plate" and invite Dr. Paul, that he will not only be more then happy to "show you what he has got" and razzle dazzle you with his knowledge. Hells bells, have you seen the videos from C-Span where he is consistently schooling Bernanke? You wanna see Bernanke squirm like a fish out of water? Watch him when he has to answer questions from Dr. Paul.

With all due respect, and please take this for what it is worth. I challenge you Mr Serwer, to invite Dr. Paul on to your show. I'm telling you now, he will be more then happy for the air time, and more then happy to discuss economics with you, as well as his energy plan. Trust me. :)

I'm actually forwarding your "challenge" the the Ron Paul campaign HQ. I will continue to monitor the CNN web site, in hopes of seeing the scheduling of Dr. Paul on your show. I can guarantee you, youll have some very high ratings that night as well. As long as you promote it adequately, that is.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

tsetsefly
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
this dumb cocksucker, I am getting tired of this shit.

Paul is the only one who talked about the bubble, and the only who adressed the fed problem.

Ill email this dumb fuck.

Join The Paul Side
02-01-2008, 07:03 PM
Bump and sent. :D

faisal
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
sending!

Mark
02-01-2008, 07:19 PM
fortunemail_letters@fortunemail.com - letters@fortune.com

Dear Mr Serwer,

Regarding your "Presidential Candidate Economic Plan Challenge" posted on CNN's "Money" section.

I believe your premise for the challenge would be nullified if you had included Dr Ron Paul.

Perhaps that's why you left him out, but I encourage you to include Dr Paul if you care about America.

Dr Paul has been extensively studying Economics for over 25 years, and his insights are quite valuable.

Here's a link to his Comprehensive Economic Plan on his website,

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/prosperity

and also a link to it in PDF format for your convenience.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/uploads/pdf/155.pdf

Also, here's a link to his Economic Stimulus Plan:

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/press-releases/163/ron-paul-unveils-a-real-economic-stimulus-plan

Thank you for your concern about the economic welfare of America,
and I believe any reasonable person will find Dr Paul's Economic Plan to be quite sound.

Rev Mark Cahall
Raleigh, NC

Phantom
02-01-2008, 07:21 PM
I just sent HQ an email and included a link to this thread and the one to the Andy Serwer Criminal News Network Money (CNN Money) challenge.

Hopefully they will do something to help us fight to get Ron Paul included in this economic discussion.

Fingers crossed, we will prevail.

JMO
02-01-2008, 07:25 PM
I sent my complaint to Fortune magazine.

Thomas_Paine
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
Andy can't get through 1 sentence without LYING. He claims the question is for ALL the candidates. ohhh I get it, All means All ya All, not All as in ALL ALL, but All OF All. Gotcha, so much doublethink my head is exploding.

LBT
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
Sent:

Not only is Ron an excellent economist, he is the only one of the 6 candidates that got past the broken window fallacy.

We know these talking heads are crooked sell-outs but pressure still helps.

Phantom
02-01-2008, 07:51 PM
Keeping this thread alive for freedom.

Lou337
02-01-2008, 08:02 PM
sent. added in my college editor credentials.

Evazan
02-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Sent and bump.

nc4rp
02-01-2008, 08:09 PM
you might want to leave out the words "ron" and "paul"

i suspect they will filter anything with that in it and it will be deleted by an administrator who is in on teh plot (unless andy serwer is in on teh plot and will not read anything remotely referring to Paul - which may be the case.

my email managed to convey it, without mentioning ron paul

DDMX
02-01-2008, 08:15 PM
bump

hypnagogue
02-01-2008, 08:28 PM
emailed and bumped.

rv36116
02-01-2008, 10:36 PM
I sent my e-mail to these scum...

Just Come Home
02-01-2008, 11:55 PM
blimp.

rexsolomon
02-02-2008, 07:41 AM
I can't believe that this important action item is on the fourth page of the forums!

Phantom
02-02-2008, 08:27 AM
Bumped again for freedom.

OhioMichael
02-02-2008, 08:55 AM
e-mail sent.

bumped.

rg123
02-02-2008, 09:52 AM

never use Rons name in the subject

nc4rp
02-02-2008, 09:57 AM
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/4187xzqYffL._SS150_.jpg (http://www.amazon.com/Revolution-Manifesto-Ron-Paul/dp/0446537519/ref=pd_ts_2_3?pf_rd_p=221129101&pf_rd_s=center-1&pf_rd_t=2101&pf_rd_i=home&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=05CWFKP270S2EYEXPG1N)

dawnbt
02-02-2008, 10:04 AM
sent email yesterday, bumping today!

Dan Klaus
02-02-2008, 10:15 AM
emailed...hope they change their minds...seems irresponsible they wouldn't include him...not unexpected, but sheesh..

pacelli
02-02-2008, 10:28 AM
emailed.

OrbitalGun
02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
aserwer@fortunemail.com is an address used on his blog. Maybe a few letters sent there will get thru to him directly.

NoPants
02-02-2008, 10:29 AM
That's a lot of email's, but we need more. Keep them coming.

newbitech
02-02-2008, 10:56 AM
my post got moved or something, looks like it started as a new thread.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=109405

anyways,

email Jim Cramer and click the above link for details on how to do it!

Phantom
02-02-2008, 12:01 PM
Invisible bump for freedom

kmj.ronpaul
02-02-2008, 12:40 PM
email sent.

jake
02-02-2008, 12:52 PM
Hey Ho, here we go, Paul has got to be on this show!

OhioMichael
02-02-2008, 01:05 PM
bump