PDA

View Full Version : FEC reporting from Politico-

jnpg
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM
McCain, the Arizona senator who has emerged as the front-runner, raised $6.8 million but had to take out a loan to keep his campaign afloat. Romney, the wealthy former Massachusetts governor, brought in $9 million in contributions but loaned his campaign twice that amount. Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor, raised $6.6 million. And topping the field with an impressive $19.7 million raised in the fourth quarter was Paul, the libertarian-leaning Texas congressman, though he barely registers in polls.

Taking into account the full year, Clinton and Obama outraised the four remaining Republicans $209 million to $128 million in 2007.

Highlighting the cash-flow disparity — and overshadowing the reports — Obama on Thursday voluntarily announced that his campaign raised a staggering $32 million in the month since the close of the reporting period. That's the most ever raised in January of an election year, and it indicates his campaign will be able to pay for a raft of ads as the campaigns hurtle toward the expensive showdown in 22 states on Feb. 5, Super Tuesday.

All the campaigns will be required to reveal their January hauls on Feb. 20 now that the FEC calendar is shifting to monthly reporting. That filing will provide a more real-time assessment of the campaigns' financial viabilities and answer key questions, including how much Romney, whose personal fortune is estimated to be worth as much as $250 million, has loaned to his campaign.

nullvalu
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
hmm thats weird.. i'm looking at http://www.fec.gov/, they updated their data - but i don't see my name when searching...?

surf
02-01-2008, 03:17 PM
nullvalu - i'm a bit disappointed that all of my donations didn't show up either. - all of my girlfriends did though.... this reporting thing is strange. i'm in for a good chunk of change, yet it only shows one of my donations

ConstitutionGal
02-01-2008, 03:32 PM
hmm thats weird.. i'm looking at http://www.fec.gov/, they updated their data - but i don't see my name when searching...?

I found my name but the only donations it lists are for the 16th money bomb. I also gave on 11/5 and another day that I can't remember right now. Since my donations came out of my bank account, I sure hope they got counted! :eek:

barbz
02-01-2008, 03:36 PM
None of my three donations are listed and neither is the one my husband made. Seems very odd.

kirkblitz
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
man i didnt show up either :(

militant
02-01-2008, 03:46 PM
my roommate's 25 for the tea party shows up, but none of her others, and none of mine at all. if anyone figures out what gives, lemme know.

Goldwater Conservative
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
"...he barely registers in polls."

That was accurate when he was under the margin of error, but now it should be more like "he lingers in the upper single digits."

ProfNo
02-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I am amazed that this has not talked about at all in the media today...

I know they are in "blackout mode", but this is pretty big news.

SVS2K
02-01-2008, 03:50 PM
is this supposed to include ALL donations made online to the campaign? cause it's definitely not including all of them for me.

ProfNo
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
is this supposed to include ALL donations made online to the campaign? cause it's definitely not including all of them for me.

It only included one of my donations, not all of them. Strange...

BillyDkid
02-01-2008, 03:53 PM
nullvalu - i'm a bit disappointed that all of my donations didn't show up either. - all of my girlfriends did though.... this reporting thing is strange. i'm in for a good chunk of change, yet it only shows one of my donations
Not all of mine show up either. Don't know what to make of it.

ConstitutionGal
02-01-2008, 03:55 PM

It included only two of mine and there were 6. I don't get it. The two that show up were $100 and $25 (on the 16th) but the $100 and $25 on 11/5 aren't there nor are the other two odd amounts which were given in October and November. Veerrryyy interesting....

kirkblitz
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
we lead in donations in
alaska
hawaii
montana
new mexico
kansas ( brownback leads but he dropped)
second in half of the other states :D

im only counting republicans

thegr8drronpaul
02-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Unfortunately, nothing amazes me at this point. I feel like we're all in this bizarro world.

Elle
02-01-2008, 04:06 PM
This http://www.fec.gov/ is a useful tool to send literature to contributors of candidates that dropped out.

Delaware
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Just look at how he gets most of his money from under 200 dollar donations, then look at the other "front runners" who get mostly MAX donations, all you gotta do is go there to see who is establishment...

dawnbt
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Mine aren't on there either.

JAM824A
02-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Mine aren't on there either.

Me neither... I'm sorta pissed...

Original_Intent
02-01-2008, 04:36 PM
For those who don't see their donations.

It is my understanding that the campaign only reports (as required) information on individual donations over $200.

So if you donated $100 on 5 different days, yes it is tracked and reported, but MY UNDERSTANDING is that your personal info is not shown on the FEC report.

I am in for about $600 total right now, and my name has never shown up due to never having a single donation over $200.

I could be wrong but this is what I ahve been told.

latkinson6
02-01-2008, 04:39 PM
yep, all mine were $50 donations ($51 today:). none show up.

kirkblitz
02-01-2008, 04:49 PM

It is my understanding that the campaign only reports (as required) information on individual donations over $200.

So if you donated $100 on 5 different days, yes it is tracked and reported, but MY UNDERSTANDING is that your personal info is not shown on the FEC report.

I am in for about $600 total right now, and my name has never shown up due to never having a single donation over $200.

10 dollar donations are showing up at my zip code but not mine :(

surf
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Original Intent - that's why i donated more than $200 on the 16th, but there are several small donations that show up as well for others. it just doesn't make sense.... oh well, wish i had ALL of the donors for my zip listed. Only a small portion of my donations have been listed.

Even without this, we still kicked ass though. kudos to the '052 - 98052. More than double Romney, more than triple McCain, more than double Clinton and about $4k more than Obama.

ProfNo
02-01-2008, 05:39 PM

The only thing that showed up for me was a donation of 100 dollars.

Santana28
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
did anyone notice that Ron Paul's form is off the main list now, but Obama's is now up?

and why are Huckabee's subject to "limitation?"

Ayse
02-01-2008, 05:59 PM
did anyone notice that Ron Paul's form is off the main list now, but Obama's is now up?

and why are Huckabee's subject to "limitation?"

I saw that too, his name was on it before but didn't work....weird?

Geronimo
02-01-2008, 07:26 PM
I donated 100 a few times. And I've donated less than a hundred a few times and all of my donations seem to have showed up. My mother donated twice and her's didn't show up.

Feelgood
02-01-2008, 07:33 PM
So since all those who donated, arent even showing up, does that mean you can donate again? This could be especially helpful for those that are maxxed out already. :D

RedLightning
02-02-2008, 02:33 AM
I don't see me anywhere on it and it shows donations of less then $20.

pacelli
02-02-2008, 02:40 AM

If you are referring to the state-based map for the presidential race, that data was last updated on Dec 31,2007.