PDA

View Full Version : Republican Bloggers Back Thompson, Oppose Paul

disinter
08-06-2007, 01:17 PM
"Ron Paul will probably do a little better than this survey suggests as he does have a small core of support which is not represented in the blogs this survey was distributed to. Some libertarians will come out to vote for Paul, but hardly enough to matter. The libertarian faction of the Republican Party, as well as every other group which doesn’t go along with the narrow views now advocated by the party, has been greatly reduced in number and there are not enough of them to allow an upset for Paul."

http://liberalvaluesblog.com/?p=1961

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 01:27 PM
:(

bygone
08-06-2007, 01:31 PM
I can't speak for the masses, but I can say this:

If you didn't come out and debate the other candidates, I won't vote for you. Period.

pazzo83
08-06-2007, 01:52 PM
I think the article is correct in one respect, about the Republican party. It is spot on in saying that if any part of the Republican party (i.e. libertarian, etc) does not follow in close step with the 'views' advocated by the party now (i.e the neo-cons), then they are significantly marginalized. It's sad, but true.

spacebetween
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
This shouldn't be news to anyone.

We've known all along that the Republican Party doesn't have the base for people like Ron Paul -- all of those people have left!

The amazing thing is that Ron Paul is bringing them back IN to the GOP!