PDA

View Full Version : Romney Report from Melbourne, Florida

MaxDeMarzi
08-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Team,

I found out late last night that Mitt Romney was coming to Melbourne Florida to speak to the Space Coast Tiger Bay club (mostly Republican, medium sized business owners (my ceo was there)).

We didn't have time to get the troops organized and show up, but I was able to make it and here is my report:

I parked my Jeep all decked out with a "Vote 4 Ron Paul" bumper sticker and big glass chalk letters right next to the entrance so Everyone would see it on the way out. I put on a "Ron Paul for President" T-shirt and stood right outside the banquet room entrance. As he was just getting in, Mitt Romney saw me, put on one of those fake politician smiles and said "Nice Shirt". (It was priceless :D )

He gave about a 45 minute talk and took some questions from club members. One gentleman asked him about the war and his response was "As long as we have a good chance of winning I will keep supporting it."

The man is going to Flip Flop! He was VERY soft on the answer to this question because he is setting himself up to be able to switch to being against the war as soon he believes he's got the primary in the bag and another bad report or two coming from General Petreus will be the perfect excuse.

After his speech, I stood outside the door and handed out about 100 Ron Paul Liberty Cards to club members on their way out. I feel so pumped up and empowered. With any luck I made Romney think "Son of a B*tch" when he saw me wearing the Ron Paul t-shirt, and 100 very powerful community leaders got to see that Ron Paul has supporters in Central Florida.

Get out there and make a difference.

Regards,
Max De Marzi

ARealConservative
08-06-2007, 01:08 PM
7:45 am Wed he is in my town. I will try to do the same.

bygone
08-06-2007, 01:11 PM
As he was just getting in, Mitt Romney saw me, put on one of those fake politician smiles and said "Nice Shirt". (It was priceless :D )

LOL. I'm sure that's what he was thinking.

nullvalu
08-06-2007, 01:11 PM
"As long as we have a good chance of winning I will keep supporting it."

lol.. how can he be a flip flopper if he never made a decipherable stance to begin with? hahaha

good report

specsaregood
08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
The man is going to Flip Flop! He was VERY soft on the answer to this question because he is setting himself up to be able to switch to being against the war as soon he believes he's got the primary in the bag and another bad report or two coming from General Petreus will be the perfect excuse.

Ron Paul predicted this in an interview a few weeks ago. That Republicans will be coming around to his position before the primary.

Great job, btw.

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Could you guys post his schedule on this thread....thanks

MaxDeMarzi
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
It is posted on his website: http://www.mittromney.com/News/Events/index

August 06, 2007 FL "Ask Mitt Anything" in Florida
August 13, 2007 CA Mitt Joins California for an Evening Barbeque
August 17, 2007 NY Mitt Joins Hamptons, NY for Reception
August 18, 2007 MA Mitt Travels to Cape Cod for Reception
August 18, 2007 MA Martha's Vineyard Welcomes Mitt for Dinner Event
August 19, 2007 NH Lake Winnipesaukee, NH Welcomes Mitt for Dinner
August 21, 2007 NV Lake Tahoe, NV Hosts Reception for Mitt
August 21, 2007 NV Luncheon in Las Vegas with Mitt
August 22, 2007 WY Mitt Joins Wyoming Locals for Reception
August 28, 2007 MA Evening Reception with Ann in Nantucket, MA
August 30, 2007 VT Ann Attends Dinner in Vermont

Roxi
08-06-2007, 02:41 PM
GAWD thats fantastic... romney really is the one that makes my stomach turn and my blood boil more than any of them, it used to be the ghoul but romney gets worse and worse the more i see him.... I wish i could have seen the look on his face

GOOD JOB... we should all be doing this anytime we get a chance to go see another candidate speak