PDA

View Full Version : I'm Only 13, But I Sent $9, Which is all of my Paypal Money

smartpeople4ronpaul
02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I make money online selling some stuff on ebay. $9 is all I had in my paypal, and I'm only 13, so I sent it. Used my parent's info. They won't be sending him money because they both dont support him.

redchina
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
God bless you.

uncle saddam
02-01-2008, 02:20 PM
That was very generous of your parents!

;)

The Only Woj
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Federal law requires all online contributors to confirm that the following statements are true and accurate. If you cannot confirm each statement, you are not eligible to contribute to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee.
1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

5. I am at least 18 years of age.

I'd suggest not putting the campaign in danger like this again. or at least don't make a post where you openly admit to breaking federal law.

hueylong
02-01-2008, 02:24 PM
The underlying intent is that a minor person had to be of 'reasoning age' and intended to make the contribution of their own accord.

No one is going to care because one 13 year old contributed $9.

Buzz
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
You're gonna be a great patriot someday. :D

thekeeper
02-01-2008, 02:30 PM
My son (17) had me send in $10.00 extra of my money. I added this to my donation. He said that he will work at least 2 hours tomorrow hanging literature on doors in our town for Dr. Paul, if I would give an extra $10.00.

He wants to vote in the Texas Primary so bad. He is hoping that he will be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the General Election. He will be 18 before the November Elections.

I used to be always telling him things that had happened each day. Now he meets me at the door with the news of the day.

Austin
02-01-2008, 02:32 PM
My son (17) had me send in $10.00 extra of my money. I added this to my donation. He said that he will work at least 2 hours tomorrow hanging literature on doors in our town for Dr. Paul, if I would give an extra $10.00.

He wants to vote in the Texas Primary so bad. He is hoping that he will be able to vote for Dr. Paul in the General Election. He will be 18 before the November Elections.

I used to be always telling him things that had happened each day. Now he meets me at the door with the news of the day.

Many states allow 17 year olds to vote in the primary, as long as they are old enough in November. Is this the case in your state?

Ex Post Facto
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Heh, in business law (contracts) they said that the parent has legal authority over the income of their children. As long as his parents knew about this it should be okay for him to use their name.

dax702
02-01-2008, 02:34 PM
You're awesome! Your $9 means just as much as anyone's $2300 and don't let anyone ever tell you otherwise.

thekeeper
02-01-2008, 02:35 PM
You have inspired me to give more later today. Thank you!

markj
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Hope for the next generation.

You my good citizen are an inspiration to me and millions of others out here fighting the good fight.

Thank you!

thekeeper
02-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Many states allow 17 year olds to vote in the primary, as long as they are old enough in November. Is this the case in your state?

In Texas, you have to be 17 years and 10 months to register to vote. So my son cannot vote in the primary. We checked this out a few months ago.

txporchpisser
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
thats awesome......

Wendi
02-01-2008, 02:42 PM
To the OP ~ Thank you. Your $9 just gave a lot of people, a lot of hope. :D

tommyzDad
02-01-2008, 02:48 PM
Federal law requires all online contributors to confirm that the following statements are true and accurate. If you cannot confirm each statement, you are not eligible to contribute to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign Committee.
1. This contribution is made on a personal credit or debit card for which I have the legal obligation to pay, and is made neither on a corporate or business entity card nor on the card of another.

2. I am a United States citizen or a lawfully-admitted permanent resident.

3. I am making this contribution with my own personal funds, and I will not be reimbursed by anyone for this contribution.

4. I am not a federal government contractor.

I'd suggest not putting the campaign in danger like this again. or at least don't make a post where you openly admit to breaking federal law.

Wet blanket! ;)

Quick
02-01-2008, 02:54 PM
I'd like to see them make an issue out of a 13 year old donating $9.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
02-01-2008, 02:58 PM
I make money online selling some stuff on ebay. $9 is all I had in my paypal, and I'm only 13, so I sent it. Used my parent's info. They won't be sending him money because they both dont support him.

Your a good kid. We all in the Ron Paul grassroots appreciate your efforts.

Keep up the good work. Your $9 went toward the Freedom movement.

ronpaultag
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
that's awesome. i'm 16 and also donated $10.

i'm hunting around for some web design jobs so i can get more in PayPal and send some more. if anyone needs any web design work done just let me know via PM.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
You are a Patriot and more intellectually and spiritually mature than people twice your age.

rmholla
02-01-2008, 03:01 PM
It is really good to see so many younger people getting involved politically. They may not be able to vote yet but they are doing what they can to make their voices heard.

My grandmother took me along to political rallies and stuff when I was very young so I kind of grew up paying attention. I try to instill that in my nephews by asking them what they think about issues and not acting like their opinions don't matter. If a child feels like their opinion counts at age 8, they are far more likely to be involved at age 18.

So everyone ask the kids in your life what they think is important, it will make a difference.

-

mysticgeek
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Chill out!

TexFootballMom
02-01-2008, 03:07 PM

I was told that if they were going to be 18 yrs of age by November election that they
COULD VOTE in primary. They can also register. If he is not registered - deadline coming up real fast - walk it in.

that's what some of they guys were saying at one of our meet ups

itshappening
02-01-2008, 03:22 PM
thanks dude!

just imagine if only 100,000 kids did the same!

WilliamC
02-01-2008, 03:26 PM
As a 43 year old, thank you.

Keep yourself clean, do well in life, and maybe someday we'll be voting for you!

tpreitzel
02-01-2008, 03:27 PM
God bless you.

x2 ...

We need you as a leader in this movement one day.

newmedia4ron
02-01-2008, 03:28 PM
delete thread before somebody gets arrested

salinaspaul
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM

+1,000,000 for awesomeness.

runderwo
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
While most of our generation's parents failed at passing on whatever love of freedom might have remained in them, I guess a love of freedom does sometimes sprout straight from the earth.

Let me just say that we in Tulsa are giving you your money's worth with our call center!!

BillyDkid
02-01-2008, 03:56 PM
Very proud of you. You should be very proud of yourself. You are the future of our country.

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 04:16 PM

You absolute legend!!!

CurtisLow
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks smart teenager 4ronpaul! woot! You the man!

Son of Detroit
02-01-2008, 04:27 PM
Following in his footsteps, this 15 year old just donated 20 bucks to the RP campaign.

I feel so proud, yet sick that I just blew 20 bucks. But it was worth it.

nodope0695
02-01-2008, 04:42 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper441/stills/529zge32.jpg

TER
02-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Strong work, fellow citizen!

priest_of_syrinx
02-01-2008, 04:54 PM

Good for you. I paid out of my parents' accounts too, with their permission, and paid them back with cash. I plan to do so today, but they'll probably try to talk me out of it. :p

I thought I was young to do that, but you're 13. Good on you, and welcome to the legion of young patriots!

IDefendThePlatform
02-01-2008, 05:44 PM
A big Thank You! to all of Dr. Paul's underage donors. You're never too young to learn the value of personal liberty. And I think you taught us all a little about civil disobedience in the name of a just cause. Bravo!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
GJ.

FacelessJoe
02-01-2008, 05:46 PM
I'm 16, wish I could donate, but I'm flat broke. But I am working to get my parents and brother to vote for Ron Paul. I got my Mom, and possibly my Dad. And my brother doesn't want to be drafted, and Ron Paul is the true anti-war candidate, so I pretty much got him too.

nate895
02-01-2008, 06:14 PM

Wait, you have a paypal account?

hayeksrevenge
02-01-2008, 07:18 PM

You're kidding me right?:rolleyes:

Way to go kid. It's not the size of the gift, but the size of your heart.

arctica2
02-01-2008, 07:40 PM
I'd like to see them make an issue out of a 13 year old donating $9.
Lol!! Qft!

That would be one of our biggest victories yet, if they went after Ron Paul's campaign for a 13-year-old donating everything he can afford to the cause.

Absolute PR DISASTER for whoever takes that on!

nate895
02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
Lol!! Qft!

That would be one of our biggest victories yet, if they went after Ron Paul's campaign for a 13-year-old donating everything he can afford to the cause.

Absolute PR DISASTER for whoever takes that on!

I dare somebody to issue a press release with the Romney campaign's stamp on it about this.

-lotus-
02-01-2008, 08:25 PM
i hope i have a kid this inspiring some day.

now go get those two parents of yours to start talking the freedom talk!

tropicangela
02-01-2008, 08:30 PM
My 10 year old just asked me if I'd donate his Christmas money while I was making my contribution. These kids are sweethearts.

NEPA_Revolution
02-01-2008, 08:41 PM
I am 15, I bought my second shirt. Its the white one that says I support Ron Paul and has the picture of his head.

HillbillyDan
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
Thank you kid, your future is bright indeed.

NEPA_Revolution
02-01-2008, 08:52 PM
Thanks man. I hand out bumper stickers, dvds and pamphlets in school that some Grassroots guys gave me. I go to a Catholic school and wear a White Oxford so the big logo will show through the shirt :cool:

BreakYourChains
02-01-2008, 08:54 PM

Thank you! We will keep trying to fix this mess so you have a decent chance for your future. You have time to teach your parents, just be patient.

mmink15
02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
To all underage Ron Paul supporters:

First of all, a sincere thank you for your support.

Second, whether Ron Paul wins or not never forget what he stands for.

Third, thank you for giving some of us "more seasoned" supporters hope that the future and freedoms we are fighting for are as important to the next generation as they are to us.

Enjoy every moment of your lives friends.

ProBlue33
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Luke 21: 1-4

Just then he looked up and saw the rich people dropping offerings in the collection plate. Then he saw a poor widow put in two pennies. He said, "The plain truth is that this widow has given by far the largest offering today. All these others made offerings that they'll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn't afford—she gave her all!"

DocMoose
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Good job, dude. You are way ahead of your age in knowing what's important in life.

Roxi
02-05-2008, 11:01 PM
because of McConnell vs. FEC it is legal for children of any age to donate as long as it is their own money and they weren't coerced into donating

http://www.fec.gov/law/feca/feca.pdf

or
google it

noztnac
02-05-2008, 11:16 PM

You are cool. Nice work!:)

dvictr
02-09-2008, 01:27 PM
homeland security are problably checking you out right now