PDA

View Full Version : need link for "official" delegate counts

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Hello!

I'm trying to find a link for the official delegate counts that have been awarded to the candidates thus far.

I know that many of the old media sites have their "projections", but I really would like to have what is rock solid and firm.

I read on Lew Rockwell somewhere that McCain only really had 8% so far, and I'd like to use that in a debate I'm in at another site.

Thanks in advance for your kind help!

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM
bump, anyone know?

hueylong
02-01-2008, 02:01 PM
www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
www.thegreenpapers.com/P08/

awesome!!! TY~!:D

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 02:12 PM
Huey, (or anyone else) could you possibly explain the difference between Hard, soft, and alternative delegates in terms of potential for Dr. Paul?

(In plain english too please? I'm not well informed on this subject and it would be awesome to understand)

Thanks!

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 02:19 PM
bump

hueylong
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
The short answer is, that each state has different delegate selection rules. Also, in many states, delegate selection is a multi-staged process.

So... hard delegate count is basically, the minimum number of delegates a candidate has earned.

Soft delegate count is the number of delegates a candidate has "likely" earned once the process works through...

The alternative soft delegate is the number of delegates a candidate has "likely" earned IF the party changes the rules to let the states that voted prior to February 5th (other than Iowa & NH) seat their entire delegation, rather than 50% -- which was the penalty for having an early primary/caucus against the wishes of the party...

Hope that makes sense.

shrugged0106
02-01-2008, 02:26 PM
The short answer is, that each state has different delegate selection rules. Also, in many states, delegate selection is a multi-staged process.

So... hard delegate count is basically, the minimum number of delegates a candidate has earned.

Soft delegate count is the number of delegates a candidate has "likely" earned once the process works through...

The alternative soft delegate is the number of delegates a candidate has "likely" earned IF the party changes the rules to let the states that voted prior to February 5th (other than Iowa & NH) seat their entire delegation, rather than 50% -- which was the penalty for having an early primary/caucus against the wishes of the party...

Hope that makes sense.

That makes great sense!! TY!

so, if I'm following you correctly, Ron has no "official" delegates, but is only 3-4% less than the leader (McLame?).

and the worst case scenario right now is that he is only 6-7% behind the top dog?

eleganz
02-01-2008, 11:56 PM
How does Fred Thompson still have 11 delegates if he has dropped out?

Will those 11 delegates have to switch to another candidate?