PDA

View Full Version : The Revolution: A Manifesto - Its importance (and a suggestion)

affa
02-01-2008, 01:47 PM
First off, I believe this book's release will be a vital step in winning us the general election. Ron Paul has proven again and again that he is a force to be reckoned with - to have this book ready to release at such a pivotal time isn't just a coincidence, it shows master planning. This book will be revolutionary. This book will be read and discussed. This book will win him the presidency.

That said, I would like to make a suggestion both to you and to the people that run the book's pledge site at http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

While this book will serve as a unifying rally cry among us, we already know we are all going to purchase and read it. And this is good. But it's far more important to get it into other peoples hands. And so I suggest adding a new pledge to the site in which you can pledge the number of copies you will buy to give to other people. To this end, it would also be nice to show us stats - give us the average number people pledge. Let's make this book viral.

affa
02-01-2008, 01:59 PM
bump. does anyone know who to contact at
http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/
to pass along this suggestion?

airborne373
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
The Dr. has been around a long time and knows what is going on. We are just beginning!

manny
02-01-2008, 02:03 PM
Good idea.

I'm convinced if many republicans read "A foreign policy of freedom" they would come round on foreign policy. This could be the same.

Also perhaps try to get local libraries to get an order in? Or ask if you can donate a copy?

affa
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
The Dr. has been around a long time and knows what is going on. We are just beginning!

Absolutely!

affa
02-01-2008, 02:06 PM
Good idea.

I'm convinced if many republicans read "A foreign policy of freedom" they would come round on foreign policy. This could be the same.

Also perhaps try to get local libraries to get an order in? Or ask if you can donate a copy?

Actually, this is a GREAT point. I know from first hand experience that it is important to request books at your library. Please, everyone, request a copy at your local library. This will greatly influence how many copies they order. The numbers aren't going to influence sales all that dramatically, but it will increase overall circulation.

affa
02-01-2008, 03:14 PM
bump

affa
02-01-2008, 07:13 PM
bump

Agora
02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I suppose it's open to foreigners?

brunner
02-01-2008, 07:20 PM
That said, I would like to make a suggestion both to you and to the people that run the book's pledge site at http://www.ronpaulbookbomb.com/

While this book will serve as a unifying rally cry among us, we already know we are all going to purchase and read it. And this is good. But it's far more important to get it into other peoples hands. And so I suggest adding a new pledge to the site in which you can pledge the number of copies you will buy to give to other people. To this end, it would also be nice to show us stats - give us the average number people pledge. Let's make this book viral.

I threw that idea around when I was building the site, but it got shot down by the people I was discussing it with. It seems a little late now, but it could still be done. What does everyone here think?

noztnac
02-01-2008, 07:22 PM
Pledged!

Scott Wilson
02-01-2008, 07:27 PM
The grassroots ought to market the book in the same way they marketed the campaign in the post primary/caucus states. ie Signs, newspaper ads, talk radio calls, literature drops etc.

Energy
02-01-2008, 07:52 PM
The campaign or the publisher should, right now, "leak" out the first chapter or something to generate buzz. The preface alone is remarkable. April 30 is too damn long of a wait!

FYI: at amazon and barnesandnobles, you're not charged until it is shipped.

Mastiff
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Isn't the book too late? The primary may well be over on Tuesday.

affa
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Isn't the book too late? The primary may well be over on Tuesday.

This is a risk, true, but I think everything is going according to plan. The phrase 'perfect storm' has been uttered on this site before, and I think it's a perfect summation of this election. As the media parades the front runners before us - Giuliani, then Huckabee, then Romney, now McCain, each has been slammed down in turn. McCain won Florida only days ago, and there has been a non-stop onslaught against him. Who would have guessed we'd have people like Ann Coulter (unintentionally) working towards our benefit?

The odds are, this will be a brokered convention. The odds are, this book will be a firestorm, and will redefine Ron Paul in the public's eye, mass media be damned.

Winning the primaries outright was never realistic - we have overcome many obstacles and have many more in our path. It takes time to wake people up.