PDA

View Full Version : Reaching Out

fireworks_god
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
I thought I'd share a small effort I put forth to try to boost donations for today/support for Ron Paul in general.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/7963666/an/14/page/0

Now, don't register and spam 'cause we are already well represented by Ron Paul supporters here, the admins are all Ron Paul supporters and have global stickied this for me. :)

Anyways, I thought that the more we engage people like this, the more we bypass the system completely and take it straight to the people, the better the chances we have. I'd honestly think we could do a third party run if we organized around this enough and reached out to everyone around us.

Firstly, we've documented how well this works in isolated counties and precints. Secondly, it is easy enough to reach people on the economy, which is the most pressing concern. I think everyone can understand the tax/borrow/print thing, I hear average people talk about this and the federal spending on their own, and I think we could represent Ron Paul well on what he would do, and simply say "look, all of these people are so close to being the same that nothing changes if you vote for them, so why not take the ONE chance you have of voting for the candidate of the people" or something. :D

Anyways, not really sure how viable continuing this campaign much further, it all depends on us I guess, but I thought I'd share. :)

fireworks_god
02-01-2008, 01:51 PM
No one? Its damned hilarious discussion. :D

hillertexas
02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
wow...you are fighting the good fight over there
"A: Why is this stickied? Can we get a "Donate to Barack Obama" post stickied?"

hahahahhahahahaha

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-01-2008, 02:08 PM
excellent