PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul's Message to Glenn Beck fans

Throwback280s
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
In today's Glenn Beck newsletter...Ron Paul is front and center in an exclusive message to its readers. Below is the text of it. Looks sharp!

Message from Ron Paul
America became the greatest, most prosperous nation in history through low taxes, constitutionally limited government, personal freedom, and a belief in sound money. We need to return to those principles so our economy can thrive once again.

Other candidates talk a lot about stimulus packages, but my record stands alone. I have fought for these measures in Congress as the Ranking Member on the House Financial Services Committee's Subcommittee on Domestic and International Monetary Policy, Trade and Technology, and as a member of the Joint Economic Committee, and will fight for their passage as president.

My plan entails four points: Tax Reform, Spending Reform, Monetary Policy Reform, and Regulatory Reform.

Tax reform means reducing the tax burden and eliminating taxes that punish investment and savings, including job-killing corporate taxes. If we cut spending to the level it was at under the Clinton administration, we can permanently do away with the income tax and the IRS. No true conservative would say that government was too small during the Clinton years!

There are several steps we can take to immediately ease the tax burden. I have proposed H.J. Res 23, which would repeal the Sixteenth Amendment and thus eliminate income, estate, and capital gains taxes. H.R. 191 would repeal President Clinton's 1993 increase in taxes on Social Security benefits, while H.R. 192 would repeal all taxes on Social Security benefits. I also support legislation to accelerate depreciation on investment and end the practice of taxing forgiven mortgage debt.

In the area of spending reform, I want to eliminate wasteful spending, reduce overseas commitments, and freeze all non-defense, non-entitlement spending at current levels. I never vote for pork-laden bills, and I will veto them and any unbalanced budget as president. We need to refocus our national defense so that we guard our own borders, instead those of other nations. We can save billions if we stop subsidizing our trading partners in Europe, Japan, South Korea and other nations. Congress does not have the constitutional authority to send out foreign aid, and our current foreign policy of nation building is bankrupting us.

Monetary policy reform means expanding openness at the Federal Reserve and requiring the Fed to televise its meetings, as well as returning to sound money. Washington's disastrous fiscal policies, marked by shameless deficit spending and Federal Reserve currency devaluation, are some of the greatest threats facing our nation today. It is this one-two punch — Congress spending more than it can tax or borrow, and the Treasury printing money to make up the difference -- that threatens to impoverish us by further destroying the value of our dollars. It's time to end the fiat money system, legalize competing currencies, and restore soundness to our dollar.

Finally, we need to institute true regulatory reform by repealing Sarbanes/Oxley's regulations that push companies to seek capital outside of U.S. markets. Congress' rush to action after the Enron scandal gave us a bill that has heavily burdened small businesses and driven companies offshore. I also support repealing federal regulations that prevent financial institutions such as independent and community banks and credit unions from fostering economic growth.

A true package to stimulate the economy not only puts money back in Americans' pockets, it deals with the underlying causes of our current situation - an out-of-control foreign policy, runaway deficit spending, and currency devaluation brought on by the Federal Reserve's inflationary policies. When enacted, my plan will provide both short-term stimulus and lay the groundwork for long-term prosperity.

WilliamC
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Glenn Beck put this on the front of his newsletter?

Amazing, amazing.

HazardPerry
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
Glenn did this? Are you serious?

ams5995
02-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Go glen beck! I've been saying he is so close its not even funny!

ignoranceisntbliss
02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
link?

NoPants
02-01-2008, 01:26 PM
Great message. Lets hope it is listened to. Thank you Glenn.

Crickett
02-01-2008, 01:29 PM
I do not see anything like this, nor even a place to subscribe to a newsletter on his site. Any proof?

tommyzDad
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
youTube---uh, link it, or it didn't happen. :p
Sorry, couldn't resist.

evadmurd
02-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I need to see it to believe it.

ropor
02-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I sent this letter to Glenn Beck last night at his email "me@glennbeck.com"

Glenn,

I was impressed with your interview with the head of the GAO Comptroller in Touching the Third Rail.

Along the same lines, I came across an article published in the Asia Times, entitled "Going Bankrupt: The US's Greatest Threat."

This article explains "military Keynesianism", the reason why the U.S. is bankrupt and the obvious solution. President Eisenhower alluded to danger of maintaining a large military industrial complex in his farewell speech.

Yes, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but first I'm a concerned citizen.

Kindest regards,

DealzOnWheelz
02-01-2008, 01:32 PM
HELL HAS OFFICIALLY FROZE OVER

OMG!!!!!

Are you sure it was Glenn Beck's and not Glenn Peck?? lol

pinkmandy
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
Nice!!!!!!!! Thanks Glenn!!!!!

SimpleName
02-01-2008, 01:55 PM
Yes, he was talking about this on his show the other day. He said they were putting different campaigns' messages in his newsletter. Ron Paul was one of three (I believe).

I e-mailed Glenn asking him to support Ron paul due to how much the two actually have in common, despite Beck refuting such a claim. No reply, but I wasn't expecting one. But two days later he mentioned that he wasn't going to vote in the primaries because he didn't know who to vote for and he wasn't a Republican, so I guess that is the answer.

ClayTrainor
02-01-2008, 02:05 PM
YES glen beck, YES!!!! Im gaining so much respect for you!

tommyzDad
02-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Can someone confirm or deny that Beck hinted or directly labled Ron Paul supporters as terrorists?
Until I learn otherwise, I'll continue to think of Beck as just another Mitt "Waffle King" Romney.

RustyBrewster
02-01-2008, 02:36 PM
Beck has always said good things about Dr. Paul and his policies except for the war in Iraq.

He's only bashed Paul's supporters. His comments on some of Dr. Paul's more vocal belligerent supporters were warranted in my opinion.

austinchick
02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
no linky, you are stinky

flair4thegold
02-01-2008, 02:59 PM
I sent this letter to Glenn Beck last night at his email "me@glennbeck.com"

Glenn,

I was impressed with your interview with the head of the GAO Comptroller in Touching the Third Rail.

Along the same lines, I came across an article published in the Asia Times, entitled "Going Bankrupt: The US's Greatest Threat."

This article explains "military Keynesianism", the reason why the U.S. is bankrupt and the obvious solution. President Eisenhower alluded to danger of maintaining a large military industrial complex in his farewell speech.

Yes, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, but first I'm a concerned citizen.

Kindest regards,

Great e-mail! What irritates me the most about pundits like Michael Savage is that they speak out against the military industrial complex at great length yet the only candidate that is currently bringing this to light is Ron Paul!

Gadsdenfly
02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
What newsletter?

Christopher David
02-01-2008, 05:49 PM
The text in the OP was emailed today to everyone on Glenn Beck's email list. The email was titled "Exclusive: Ron Paul's message to Beck fans" and also included updates on Glenn's health and what to expect on today's show.

evadmurd
02-01-2008, 05:57 PM
Can someone confirm or deny that Beck hinted or directly labled Ron Paul supporters as terrorists?
Until I learn otherwise, I'll continue to think of Beck as just another Mitt "Waffle King" Romney.

Yeh that was at least a month ago on his TV program. I personally don't think he meant it the way it was played up here. More of a metaphor. Still it caused a lot of ruckus and what led to the alleged life threats he said he received.

Where the hell you been? :D

the Winner is (R0N P@uL)
02-01-2008, 06:02 PM
link?

The Only Woj
02-01-2008, 06:09 PM
Glenn Beck has made a point to say he really agrees with Paul on some things but really really disagrees with him on everything else.

But what is weird, is that everything else seems to ONLY include foreign policy. I've yet to really hear him disagree with any of Dr. Paul's non-foreign policy issues. Hell, he was even somewhat receptive to Ron saying we should at least get our troops out of Korean.

sratiug
02-01-2008, 06:46 PM

He may not have actually said it himself, but he brought the question up. And he had David Horowitz on who I think actually did say it, or at least that Ron Paul supporters were in bed with the Islamic Terrorists or Fascists.

miketwalker
02-01-2008, 08:14 PM
I don't know how many of you saw Glenn Beck's interview of Ron Paul awhile back... but it was by far the best interview Ron Paul has gotten this entire primary season.

Yes, Glenn Beck's show is very dramatic and he's more of an actor playing the role of a character in it then anything. But between the interview and this, I think he's got his priorities and knows when to turn off the actor role for a little bit.

He practically told Ron Paul he wanted to marry him in the interview, it was literally an hour long period for Dr. Paul just to talk. Yea, Glenn Beck's show is designed to keep ratings up through striking fear in people... but I think when shit hits the fan he uses those ratings to give people actual information.

wgadget
02-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Glenn did this? Are you serious?

Yes, I was listening to his show today and he spoke glowingly about Ron Paul. Also mentioned this being on his website.

MilitaryDave
02-01-2008, 10:08 PM
I hated Beck for the terrorist comment, but then when I saw the RP interview and heard him interview RP on the radio, I realized that Beck will actually evaluate and accept new ideas if they are good ones. He actually researched when RP said on his tv show "We could eliminate the income tax if we just rolled back Federal spending to the level it was 10 years ago." Beck was suspicious, so he had his staff crunch the numbers, they discovered RP was correct and Beck admitted the whole think on the radio show. Beck is a questioner and a thinker, his dabbling in "American terrorism" was a terrible misstep, but he was just asking the question which seems to be consistent with his personality.

I think he could come around on the foriegn policy bit if he was convinced we could fight Islamic extremist action through Marque and Reprisal, intelligence gathering and tough police work. As for Islamo-fascists ... wouldn't it be easier for them to economically and politically infiltrate an existing Military Industrial American fascist state rather than have to steer a Federalist, Constitutionally American government to an Islamic theocracy?

BreakYourChains
02-01-2008, 10:12 PM

Yes, he did say this. I watched him say it live, and then I believe it was on YouTube as well.