PDA

View Full Version : Rush Limbaugh mentions RP

ne1buthilary
08-06-2007, 11:28 AM
Just heard it on the radio.. basically said that RP has no chance. Only reason the liberal media is talking about him is because he makes the other conservatives look bad.

Badger Paul
08-06-2007, 11:30 AM
Like himself for example...

Slugg
08-06-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm just waiting for Rush to eat himself and swallow some pain pills to ease the transition.

Richie
08-06-2007, 11:31 AM
Like himself for example...

Pwned. +1

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 11:32 AM
Just heard it on the radio.. basically said that RP has no chance. Only reason the liberal media is talking about him is because he makes the other conservatives look bad.

THE liberal WHAT?....WTHeck is he talking about.????..the MSM and all their tremendous COVERAGE of the Ron PAul Campaign??.....

Rush needs to be on our side and pull his diito head out of his ditto a%#:)

UCFGavin
08-06-2007, 11:33 AM
Rush has already said he won't endorse any candidates....yet he has no problem trashing dr. paul. not like i have any respect for him anyway.

ChooseLiberty
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
Hey, he's right about making the other candidates look bad.
:D

He just showed his cards.

Johnnybags
08-06-2007, 11:35 AM
will sway your opinion, perhaps I should ask the local hooker or astrologer who to vote for. Make Rush that proverbial tree in the forrest, if it falls and noone is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Rush is just a Republican Party elitist mouthpiece. Always has been.

Patriot
08-06-2007, 11:37 AM
Rush will endorse a repub candidate, but only after he is certain who will win. He doesn't want to guess now and be wrong. I'm sure someone in the repub party will tell him who to endorse and when to do it.

Syren123
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Pwned. +1

LOL!! Oh absolutely!!
Rush. What a tool.

Sematary
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM

That's funny as hell, actually

BIG_J
08-06-2007, 11:41 AM
Was that statement made "tounge-in-cheek" ?

If not I find it funny that he just gave Ron Paul a compliment.

Kregener
08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
Rush is off his (illegal) meds again...

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 11:47 AM
Eh Rush speaks well about other candidates though... someone called in about Duncan Hunter and he had good words about him. Hunter is, of course, a HUGE warmonger, which he tries to qualify by the fact that he has military experience. At least he's not a chicken hawk (his son is in Iraq), but he honestly sickens me.

Ninja Homer
08-06-2007, 11:54 AM
Only reason the liberal media is talking about him is because he makes the other conservatives look bad.

I completely agree with half of that statement.

fedup100
08-06-2007, 12:25 PM
We sent the nice lady at fox flowers, lets by plastic dog poo and all of us send that to Rush Limbaugh, lets send a pack of cool aid to to sean insanity.

We could open a small online store so everyone could by there choice of gift to send the bad guys and the good guys.....all the profits go to the campaign.

We may need a think tank thread to suggest and decide which gifts would be appropriate per incident.

nullvalu
08-06-2007, 12:33 PM
We could open a small online store so everyone could by there choice of gift to send the bad guys and the good guys.....all the profits go to the campaign.

That's such a great idea!

Johnnybags
08-06-2007, 12:35 PM
We sent the nice lady at fox flowers, lets by plastic dog poo and all of us send that to Rush Limbaugh, lets send a pack of cool aid to to sean insanity.

We may need a think tank thread to suggest and decide which gifts would be appropriate per incident.

I would hate to send rubber poopoo to Rush unless it was made in the USA. Maybe they could reopen a FORD plant in Detroit temporarily to make the stuff or would we have to import it from Mexico first? I am so confused, no American rubber poo anywhere?

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Before you Rush off and trash Rush, I would urge you caution. If we get further along in the primaries and RP is doing better in the scientific polls, then talk about him not having a chance will dwindle. Rush Limbaugh very much believes most of Ron Paul's platform as I have listened to him for many years. On foreign policy, they disagree, but on most everything else, there is strong agreement.

Send an email but be polite and back up what you say with facts. Rush is very knowledgeable and it would be nice if later on he might be on our side. So just don't be toooooo mean.

winston84
08-06-2007, 12:37 PM
Rush is a blubbering idiot, I don't give a shit about what he says.

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Oh, I don't think we should be nasty to him AT ALL. The only possible result of that will be to hurt our effort.

Thomas_Paine
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Before you Rush off and trash Rush, I would urge you caution. If we get further along in the primaries and RP is doing better in the scientific polls, then talk about him not having a chance will dwindle. Rush Limbaugh very much believes most of Ron Paul's platform as I have listened to him for many years. On foreign policy, they disagree, but on most everything else, there is strong agreement.

Send an email but be polite and back up what you say with facts. Rush is very knowledgeable and it would be nice if later on he might be on our side. So just don't be toooooo mean.

Rush isn't going to "come around" he's bought and paid for PERIOD.

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 12:40 PM
Rush is a blubbering idiot, I don't give a shit about what he says.

Yes, but unfortunately a lot of REPUBLICANS do and that's the primary we're trying to win.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 12:45 PM
Rush has jumped all over McCain and Bush for stuff they have done he sees as unconstitutional. There is about outright disgust on Rush Limbaugh's part for Bush and McCain on many domestic issues and you can tell that when you listen to them.

There is just no need to tick a guy off that has a listening audience somewhere around 15-20 million. Sean H is a hack, but Rush is much more independent.

NCGOPer_for_Paul
08-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I've listened to Rush for many years as well. He's basically a libertarian and he just doesn't know it.

He'll go for a week or so sounding like someone who could be a RP supporter, then a Libertarian will call him and say "Rush, you're a Libertarian!". Rush will get mad and act like a neo-con again for a week, then talk like a RP guy again.

I've never heard Rush actually say anything NEGATIVE about Ron Paul, outside of he doesn't have a chance.

Rush is no advocate of a police state. After the drug nonsense, Rush doesn't support the Drug War anymore.

bygone
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
I'm quite sure Rush gets enough hate mail as it is.

The thing is, if 15 million people are listening, he can mention RP all he wants, just as long as he mentions him. Just the mere mention of RP's name plants a seed in millions of people. Besides, given his listener base, what exactly did you expect Rush to say?

Give it time, and be positive.

lucius
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM
will sway your opinion, perhaps I should ask the local hooker or astrologer who to vote for. Make Rush that proverbial tree in the forrest, if it falls and noone is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

Well put!

Dary
08-06-2007, 01:30 PM

So I guess REAL poo is out of the question?

SlapItHigh
08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
He needs to wake up to the reality that if the Republican party does not nominate Ron Paul, Hillary Clinton will be the next president. Mark my words. There is no way he can say (sober) that any other Republican has a chance against her.

Swmorgan77
08-06-2007, 01:49 PM

Yep, just about every Neo-Con host since the debate has brought him up. Drudge did last night, Glenn Beck's sit-in punk did this morning and Rush too.

Swmorgan77
08-06-2007, 01:53 PM

Yes except Rush has ABANDONED all of the principles that they used to agree on (limited government) and helped to redefine the Republican party in the image of neo-conservative, Imperial foreign policy.

Shatterhand
08-06-2007, 01:55 PM
He needs to wake up to the reality that if the Republican party does not nominate Ron Paul, Hillary Clinton will be the next president. Mark my words. There is no way he can say (sober) that any other Republican has a chance against her.

Yeah, but he probably wants Hillary elected. Then he'll get even more listeners. If Dr. Paul gets elected then Rush won't have anyone to whine about and will have fewer listeners.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 02:04 PM

Great idea. i can head up the project as a director, but we needs some people with marketing/distribution knowledge and a webmaster to design the shopping cart.
I ordered a copy of the 9/11 report and sent it to rudy's hq. i bought it for a dollar on amazon.com and just had it shipped to his address.

mackler
08-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Rush is just a Republican Party elitist mouthpiece. Always has been.

He's a smack junkie is what he is.

bygone
08-06-2007, 02:08 PM
Yep, just about every Neo-Con host since the debate has brought him up. Drudge did last night, Glenn Beck's sit-in punk did this morning and Rush too.

Good. Ask yourself what happens every time his name is mentioned.

Hillary might win even if RP is nominated. There, I said it. I think it would be foolish to think that Hillary won't be very tough to overcome.

The most interesting election in a long, long time would be Hillary vs Paul.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 02:12 PM
what should the website be called? http://giftsfromronpaul.com http://ronbotgifts.com

micahnelson
08-06-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.micahnelson.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/rushwrong.png

SlapItHigh
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Hillary might win even if RP is nominated. There, I said it. I think it would be foolish to think that Hillary won't be very tough to overcome.

Very true, but we at least have a fighting chance with Ron. It is over the day anyone other than RP is nominated.

Yeah, but he probably wants Hillary elected. Then he'll get even more listeners. If Dr. Paul gets elected then Rush won't have anyone to whine about and will have fewer listeners.

Good point.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
I'd send Rush some Oxycotlin as a gift for his kind words. maybe even throw in a spoon and syringe too

micahnelson
08-06-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey now, lets be nice. The guy has said many things in the defense of liberty, small government, immigration, etc. He just has been neoconned- I was there once too.

As far as his drug use, Ron Paul defended him heavily by name (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html).

Perhaps we could send him a nice copy of that speech, the constitution, and some transcripts of his show when he talks about taxation, limited government, and nation building (from the clinton years)

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-06-2007, 02:48 PM
Hey now, lets be nice. The guy has said many things in the defense of liberty, small government, immigration, etc. He just has been neoconned- I was there once too.

As far as his drug use, Ron Paul defended him heavily by name (http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul157.html).

Perhaps we could send him a nice copy of that speech, the constitution, and some transcripts of his show when he talks about taxation, limited government, and nation building (from the clinton years)

Interesting read there...

I wonder if Rush Limbaugh knows Ron Paul came to his defense with the whole Oxycotin incident. ON the House floor too.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 02:56 PM
I liked Rush better when he was high all the time.

Devil_rules_in_extremes
08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
I liked Rush better when he was high all the time.

Yea... He was funnier then...

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 03:45 PM
My email:

Rush,

I really wish you would not just dismiss Ron Paul as having no chance and give him no support whatsoever. I am a strong believer in a constitutional government, one that is very limited in nature, and does not seek to police the world. These are the very things you used to fight for very very vocally during the Clinton years.

Lately however, you seem to have had a change of heart in the foreign policy area. You seem to support the neo-conservatives like Bush who seem to want to expand US influence into every part of the world. Now spreading our ideas are one thing, but the way we go about our foreign policy under both Democrats and sadly Republicans, is very blind. You don't seem to make the connection that our previous actions have had a profound influence in how the people in the middle east view the U.S. I'm talking more about the people rather than the countries. Often we subsidize countries, the very countries that many people dispise. So do we wonder why so many of them hate us? This is certainly no justification for actions like 911 but we MUST examine our foreign policy philosophy of the past and present or else we will be locked into a very long struggle with Islam. No matter what we do right now, we will still have a threat from people in the middle east who will hate us for some period of time. However, the U.S establishing military basis and having a continued presence in the area is simply adding fuel to the fire.

Foreign policy is the most pronounced difference that Ron Paul has with the other candidates in the GOP, but I sure wish his views on a constitutionally limited government would get more airtime because he is the only principled limited government individual in the race. On limited government issues, he is by far the only person worth supporting and you should know it. Even CC Goldwater, granddaughter of Barry Goldwater, stated on C-span's booktv this Sunday that several members of the family were supporters of Ron Paul. You have a huge audience (I have listened to you for over 16 years), and I know you believe the vast majority of what Ron Paul says. I just wish you would think about your positions and not just dismiss Ron Paul like you have been doing. Does he have a chance? Perhaps. Will he win? Certainly not with people like you losing your backbone. Will his victory or defeat help to change the Republican Party and bring it back to the limited government ideals it once espoused? I hope so, but it will only happen if people like you start championing those limited government ideals once again.

I'm sure you seen it, but in case you forgot about it, here is Ron Paul in defense of you: http://www.ronpaullibrary.org/document.php?id=612

Sincerely,

specsaregood
08-06-2007, 04:05 PM
Well written Bruiser. I have been contemplating writing my own letter to Rush myself lately. I am what he would call a "Rush Baby" I first listened to him back in the summer of '92; when I was 14. I remember when somebody would get on the air and mention Perot; Rush would immediately start playing "When Johnny Comes Marching Home" in the background. That song is kind of suiting for Ron Paul, now that I think about it.

Rush should be all about Ron Paul; if he believed his own rhetoric.

And in regards to Hannity; he isn't qualified to hold a spit bucket for Rush and is no more than a HATE-SPEECH, FEAR-MONGER.

Hurricane Bruiser
08-06-2007, 04:10 PM
specs,
Completely agree on Hannity. It didn't take me long listening or watching him to get utterly disgusted. Alan Colmes makes more sense than Hannity most of the time, and Colmes is anything but my ideas (and Ron Paul). I actually started listening to Rush when I was about 12 or 13 years old (29 now).

shrugged0106
08-06-2007, 04:12 PM
This was an awesome letter to Rush not long ago.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=56000

LizF
08-06-2007, 04:23 PM
Very nice letter Bruiser! :)

kylejack
08-06-2007, 04:51 PM
Rush was rather polite if tight-lipped about RP in the past...you sure he was dissing him?

Kuldebar
08-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Rush and his bloated ego aren't all that friendly.

Rush Limbaugh, the most-listened-to radio host in the U.S. and America's No. 1 voice for conservatism, says he alone has the power to select the 2008 Republican nominee for president at this point, but he's avoiding promoting one candidate over another so as not to sound like a "cheerleader."

Limbaugh's remarks came today during his analysis of last night's GOP presidential debate in South Carolina, as a caller urged Rush to throw his support behind Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, as the caller claimed Paul was the most conservative of the field of candidates.

"I don't think Congressman Paul has a snowball's chance," Limbaugh said.

"You have the power yourself to make him the Republican nominee," the caller responded.

"That is very true, and that is why I must exercise this power responsibly, not as a cheerleader," said Limbaugh, "which is why I'm not picking a name right now. I alone have the power to move the [Republican] base." source (http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55724)

RUSH: And Ron Paul didn't do that. Here's what's happening out there, folks. Ron Paul has a lot of supporters. He's got supporters, and they are spamming polls on the Internet. They are spamming radio talk shows to try to defend Ron Paul against what happened. He's got a lot of energetic and passionate supporters. I've been getting them on e-mail. I got a threatening e-mail from a Ron Paul supporter, and it was very cleverly done, by the way. "Rush, I was watching TV last night, and I've been listening to the radio this morning, and every other talk show host has been predictable on this. I'm looking for you to stand up and stand out from the crowd by being honest about what a great American Ron Paul was and what he did and didn't say last night," source (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_051607/content/01125110.guest.html)

Roxi
08-06-2007, 06:49 PM
Eh Rush speaks well about other candidates though... someone called in about Duncan Hunter and he had good words about him. Hunter is, of course, a HUGE warmonger, which he tries to qualify by the fact that he has military experience. At least he's not a chicken hawk (his son is in Iraq), but he honestly sickens me.

duncan hunter is a scumbag who awarded a contract to a private corporation (blackwater) for millions in order to employ former soldiers to do personal security. and this was after 4 of them had died in a horrible way over in Iraq and congress was up for vote on whether blackwater should continue to recieve funding. Hunter not only let them but gave more contracts to more private companies

BillyBeer
08-06-2007, 07:09 PM
Rush has fallen off the wagon again

Of course, Ron urges treatment for drug addicts while Rush wants to throw em all in jail.

BillyBeer
08-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Good. Ask yourself what happens every time his name is mentioned.

The most interesting election in a long, long time would be Hillary vs Paul.

That is Calvin Coolidge vs. a female John W. Davis.