PDA

View Full Version : Could this be the bible of our Revolution...

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KS-Sb_VcYA

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 12:53 PM
hmm.. I think the Bible serves as a good Bible.

"Ye shall proclaim liberty throughout the land," Lev. 25:10
"Ye shall not, therefore, oppress oneanother," Lev. 25:17

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
this book will be

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Love that line:

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies,"

JoshLowry
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Looks like it will be great.

honkywill
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Love that line:

DITTO.

Arek
02-01-2008, 01:10 PM
I'm gonna buy this when it comes out

Molly1
02-01-2008, 01:13 PM
"Truth is treason in the empire of lies."

wow has Ron Paul given us a way to easily spread the truth?

Could it be if we just give this book to family and friends our work will be done for us?

It is a spiritual war that we are fighting, a battle for the minds and hearts of the people.

12For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
---Ephesians 6

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 01:17 PM
hmm.. I think the Bible serves as a good Bible.

"Ye shall proclaim liberty throughout the land," Lev. 25:10
"Ye shall not, therefore, oppress oneanother," Lev. 25:17

Ah yes! The infinite wisdom of the bible:

From Exodus [31:15]...

"For six days work may be done, but on the seventh day there is a sabbath of complete rest, holy to the LORD; whoever does any work on the sabbath day shall surely be put to death."

I like to relax on Sunday too, but this goes a little far. :D

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Could it be if we just give this book to family and friends our work will be done for us?

NO! Don't get lazy.

"YOU must be the change you want to see in the world."

- Gandhi

DeadtoSin
02-01-2008, 01:22 PM
I hesitate to call it a Bible, because that infers something a little bit different.

However, I would call it a book that I hope will be one of the most amazingly written books of all time that might help change America. I hope it gives us our "marching orders" so to speak on what direction to take the Revolution, and some instructions on how to win this fight for our liberties!

Ogren
02-01-2008, 01:42 PM
When did he have time to write a book :confused:

spudea
02-01-2008, 01:45 PM
When did he have time to write a book :confused:

during all the debates. Duh.

evadmurd
02-01-2008, 01:50 PM
I can't wait. This book needs to be number one WHEN it comes out.

gracebkr
02-01-2008, 01:57 PM
ummm, why do people comparing Ron Paul to God, he is not. Quit doing that you will scare away conservative Christian, traditionalists and fundamentalists. Which is like 75% of the American population.

ClayTrainor
02-01-2008, 01:59 PM
ummm, why do people comparing Ron Paul to God, he is not. Quit doing that you will scare away conservative Christian, traditionalists and fundamentalists. Which is like 75% of the American population.

hahaha :D

so that's what he was doing when i saw him making notes.

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 02:00 PM

I meant it as 'fundamental scripture'.

They have the Adobe Photoshop Bible, The Office 2007 Bible for god's sake...

gracebkr
02-01-2008, 02:04 PM
I meant it as 'fundamental scripture'.

They have the Adobe Photoshop Bible, The Office 2007 Bible for god's sake...

so, by taking the Lord's name in vain you hope to convince Christians you are a Christian. And you didn't even capitalize God's name? I don't really care about your religious affiliation, I am just telling you as a Christian, comparing Ron Paul to God gives me pause. I would leave the revolution if enough people thought that. It is totally against my faith. I think Huckabee supporters would feel the same way and lots of other Christians. If you don't care, then you don't care. But I gave a constructive criticism.

karenflower
02-01-2008, 02:11 PM
so, by taking the Lord's name in vain you hope to convince Christians you are a Christian. And you didn't even capitalize God's name? I don't really care about your religious affiliation, I am just telling you as a Christian, comparing Ron Paul to God gives me pause. I would leave the revolution if enough people thought that. It is totally against my faith. I think Huckabee supporters would feel the same way and lots of other Christians. If you don't care, then you don't care. But I gave a constructive criticism.

Isn't it free speech to capitalize the word 'god' as and when someone decides? We don't know what the poster's original intent was, but saying "god's sake" is commonplace - I'm sorry that it offends you, but whenever I use that phrase I'm not trying to convince anyone about my religious beliefs.

As for the usage of the world bible, look at one of the dictionary definitons: "A book considered authoritative in its field: the bible of French cooking."

I certainly think that applies here! :)

hvac ak47
02-01-2008, 02:13 PM

Who compared him to God??

Joe3113
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM

I prefer actual moral substance than nitpicking about nomenclature protocols. Sorry if I offended you but that's liberty my friend.

I'm not a Christian, I'm a Deist. I don't pretend to know the exact nature of what's out there.

I do take some wisdom from the bible, but certain passages, like killing people who work on the sabbath, impede any urges I might have to believe it was divinely inspired, at least in it's entirety.

fuzzybekool
02-01-2008, 02:18 PM
bump and buy the book !