PDA

View Full Version : Today is already a good day!

Bilgefisher
02-01-2008, 12:26 PM
As I write this we are approaching $500,000 for the day and the 4th best fund raising day the campaign has seen. As we dwindle down to the end of the day, as usual the naysayers will come out of the woodworks. Can you hear them? "No more money bombs" "This one failed" "Is this a sign of grassroots faltering?" I'll be honest, I can't hear one of those arguments. The cha-ching sounds in the background are drowning them out. All you negative folks out there take note, you may actually learn something here:

1. Today will be the 4th largest fund raising day for the Ron Paul campaign. No small feat considering 2 of those smashed online records and 1 smashed daily records in a primary no less.

2. It takes $30,000 just to break into the top 100 fund raising days
It takes $60,000 to break into the top 50
It takes $100,000 to break into the top 25
And now it will take over $1,000,000 just to break the top 4.

3. We had less then 1 week to promote 3 different fund raisers and still managed a day like today.

4. There were less then 4 inspirational videos for this one. MLK had over 20. Teaparty had far more then that.

5. MLK was less then 2 weeks ago and Ron Paul supporters have dug deep again. Over 3 million in 2 weeks is no small feet. Just ask any other Republican campaign how to do that. You'll get a blank stare from Huck and McCain and Romney will write another check to himself.

6. All this money does not include offline donations.

7. All this money does not include special interest donations

8. All this money does not include matching contribution.

9. All this money does include nearly 1000 new donors on the heals of MLK that had 5000 new donors.

10. All this money does include 1000's of hard working Americans who gave more then they could afford because they believe in a better America.

So do me a favor, you see any negative threads, you rate it low, redirect them here, and let those threads die. As for me, I am pretty damn ecstatic that we can continue to pull off days as good as this.

UK4Paul
02-01-2008, 12:34 PM
Well said, sir.

SophisticatedFarmGirl
02-01-2008, 12:41 PM
My hub and I went for the $201, even though we had said "no more" after MLK.

We owe so much to Dr. Paul and his family.

Ex Post Facto
02-01-2008, 12:43 PM
I know my budget is in a crunch, I've donated half my monthly income over the past 2 money bombs. I just wish all of the Ron Paul supporters threw in a bit. We know there is well over a million Paulites out there $5 from everyone would be $5,000,000 and we would hit the goal. I wish we could provide non stop money for the campaign. I know Ron Paul will recognize that we might not be able to muster up the funds to meet the goal and make advertising adjustments to offset the planned ad attack.

I will make another donation tonight, once my wife goes to sleep. I'll have hell to pay from her, but I'm thinking about the future of my family. There is that year 2012 (the end of the mayan calander), which just happens to be an election year. I keep thinking if we don't get this nomination, in 4 years the citizens across the world will rally against their governments in a concerted effort to undo their power grip on the people. I'd rather avoid this. I'd rather we slowly correct the problems that exist, with a new direction. I'd rather the direction changed today. I'd rather we raise enough funds to make anything possible.

I ask that each and everyone that has donated today consider another contribution later in the evening. Our country is robbing us of our freedom, and the money you give now, may be worth nothing in the coming months. Bush today finally announced, he sees economic challenges ahead. This is a warning to all citizens, prepare for job lay offs, credit collapse, and bank closures. I hope it's not the case. For all of us, I hope I'm just being a paranoid Paulite.

dougr583
02-01-2008, 12:58 PM
The "donor to vote" ratio seems to be a pretty accurate measure of how many Ron Paul supporters are willing to put their money where their mouths are. My Meetup group has over 200 people. When our fees were due, I suggested each of us kick in $1. As it ended up, three of us split the fees. Three out of over 200. I understand "budget crunch" as well as anybody, but one lousy buck? How committed are some of these people?

Be that as it may, today is a good day. I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Paul are enjoying it and I figure I owe them that much at least.

Michigan11
02-01-2008, 01:01 PM
Great points expressed in this thread.

I am elated, to say the least, standing along side with my fellow patriots, on this day!

itshappening
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
this is great, keep it up !!

shida
02-01-2008, 01:04 PM
I agree. Money is money. It wasn't there yesterday and it's here today. It's all good. :D

whutaboutbob
02-01-2008, 01:07 PM
I plan to have my wife donate for the first time tonight, we can only afford the $51.00 at this time because I am changing jobs.

We are in this until the end, and thank you for the positive post. We could use more of them.

Ra Ron Paul!

:cool: