PDA

View Full Version : Failed my eye exam

godawgs
02-01-2008, 12:25 PM
I failed my eye exam for my TN drivers license and my new glasses will not be ready until after February 5th... I wish they would let you vote without a license but oh well.

jumpyg1258
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
A drivers license is a privledge, voting is a right. They should not deny you your right to vote just cause you do not have a drivers license!

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-01-2008, 12:30 PM
1.) You need a license to vote in TN?

2.) I hope to hell that you are going to put up a fight for this. Since when does a Paul supporter simple say "Can't vote.... oh well... better luck next time". You have to fight for this!

BadFox
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
I think you can still get an ID card - it just won't allow you to drive.

Army_Vet_for_Ron_Paul
02-01-2008, 12:42 PM
My wife and I voted in Memphis last night and you do not need a driver's license if you have your voter's registration card. If you don't have your voter's registration card, then you might be s.o.l.

Matt Collins
02-01-2008, 12:46 PM
What part of TN do you live in?

godawgs
02-01-2008, 12:50 PM
What part of TN do you live in?

I live in Collierville. I have my voter registration card but still have my out of state driver license.

Army_Vet_for_Ron_Paul
02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
You're good to go godawgs. I live out in Lakeland, and when I went in for early registration, they didn't even try to look at my license. All you need is the voter registration card.

Hell, I even brought some mail with my address on it because my license still has my old address on it, but it didn't matter. They just took my registration card, gave me one of those diebold voter cards and let me at it.

Matt Collins
02-01-2008, 02:15 PM
I live in Collierville. I have my voter registration card but still have my out of state driver license.If you are not allowed to drive to the polling place, and can't walk there, call your local RP HQ and I guarantee that they will get someone to drive you to your poll!

TNforPaul45
02-05-2008, 03:35 PM
No government agency can restrict your right to vote. The dem's have made sure of that (illegal aliens, Im looking your way :))

Livid
02-05-2008, 03:58 PM
You're good to go godawgs. I live out in Lakeland, and when I went in for early registration, they didn't even try to look at my license. All you need is the voter registration card.

Hell, I even brought some mail with my address on it because my license still has my old address on it, but it didn't matter. They just took my registration card, gave me one of those diebold voter cards and let me at it.

I voted from Lakeland today too and they didn't even check my license OR voter card.... You are not required to have your drivers license anyways. Go with your Voter card and you will be good.

damoncrowe
02-05-2008, 05:06 PM
Aw man. You could have carried your birth certificate in and gotten a photo ID. In essence the DOS has restricted your right to vote by not issuing an id based on your vision. You really gave up too easy. You also should have planned ahead. I lost my license because of a DUI (poor judgement) and I made sure to have a photo ID.

godawgs
02-05-2008, 07:26 PM
I made it. I never read about the photo ID I just assumed that was the case.

Tom228
02-05-2008, 07:36 PM
I'm sure your passport would be just as good too if they require something other than the voters registration card.