PDA

View Full Version : Got a call from TN-DOT

Matt Collins
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
The TN DOT called some Ron Paul supporters here this week after they spent the weekend posting DOZENS of very large RP signs around town and on the Interstate.

Apparently the DOT had removed most or all of them and called to tell us that they were holding the signs and that we were free to come pick them back up. LOL :rolleyes:

How nice of them :p

WilliamC
02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Bumper stickers on guard rails stay there for years....

And if they are on guard rails for mile after mile after mile, they do get noticed and seen.

This weekend, I-55, here I come.

miketwalker
02-03-2008, 02:34 PM
This is actually really nice of them. They could have easily taken them and hidden them. They're giving you them back to use. Technically we shouldn't have signs in places the DOT is patrolling anyhow, so this is a nice gesture on their behalf to go out of their way to hold them and contact you guys on how to get them back. Very cool stuff.

RSLudlum
02-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Just let them know we're guaranteeing the DOT workers they'll never run out of work and therefore the have 'job security'. :D

FreeTraveler
02-03-2008, 02:48 PM
They probably have a nice ticket to go along with the signs for whoever picks them up. :D

Matt Collins
02-03-2008, 03:27 PM
They probably have a nice ticket to go along with the signs for whoever picks them up. :DActually I thought about that and surprisingly they didn't. The person who picked them up wasn't ticketed or fined at all.