PDA

View Full Version : debate video that fills in missing blanks and time

Ninja Homer
08-06-2007, 10:19 AM
I think it would be awesome to put together a video of the Iowa debate, but insert video for candidates that didn't get to answer some of the questions. Candidates could also be given extra time to expand on the answers they gave, until their total time is equal to Romney's.

Here's the time each candidate got (http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=10796): (thanks Locke_rpr!)
Mitt Romney - 11:29
Rudy Giuliani - 10:11
John McCain - 7:24
Mike Huckabee - 7:08
Tommy Thompson - 6:31
Sam Brownback - 5:20
Duncan Hunter - 5:06
Tom Tancredo - 5:03
Ron Paul - 3:33

Requests for video could be sent to every candidate but Romney (since he doesn't get any additional time), letting them know how much time they get, and what questions they can answer. Then the video will be put together and put up on Google Video.

Then people will see what a fair and balanced debate looks like, and have a much better idea of the candidates positions on all the questions asked.

The total time, if all the candidates participated, would be about 113.5 minutes (Romney's time x 9 + Stephanopolis' time). That's not nearly as long as I thought it would be; they could easily fit a fair and balanced debate into 2 hours.

Is there any interest in this? If there is, I volunteer to put the video together if others can get me the footage. I doubt the "first tier" will participate, but I don't see any reason for the "second tier" not to. This won't, in any way, be biased towards Ron Paul. It's just an attempt to put together an unbiased debate.

Keith
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
Personally I wish they would have let some of those bufoons talk more. Every time Thompson, Tancredo, and McCain opened their mouths I could just see their supporters looking for a new candidate.