PDA

View Full Version : Official Campaign Radio Commercial Airing in Iowa!

Dave
08-06-2007, 10:07 AM
As I was driving down to Fairfield last night I heard PART of the brand-new Ron Paul commercial from HQ. It was great! RP himself speaks in part of it "I'm Fed up Too" seems to be the theme. Another voice highlights a bunch of items like you see on the slim jims. Of course, the focus is Ames.

The commercial really stood out from the rest to me because I didn't hear any background music. The message really seemed to come through very directly with no distractions - just like Ron Paul. I was pounding on the steering wheel!

Another RP buddy heard the commercial on another station on his way down from Cedar Rapids. I don't know if someone can go find the audio for this somehow but I wanted you to know it's on the air!

I heard that TV commercials start airing here today, too!

Richie
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
AWESOME! I'd love to hear/see these!

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 10:08 AM
Somebody please capture these some way and put links to them here. PLEASE.

Slugg
08-06-2007, 10:15 AM
Great great great news!!!!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO....now some T.V.... Hopefully we'll make a nice stir in Iowa!

ghemminger
08-06-2007, 10:55 AM
LEt's here it somone pleeeeese!!!

Badger Paul
08-06-2007, 11:29 AM
It's all coming together everyone. No more complaints about headquarter not doing anything. Now we have to make the effort to pull this off.

Syren123
08-06-2007, 12:06 PM
It should be on the HQ website. If not now, then it will be pretty soon. I think there's a TV one coming out as well.

Edited to say that the TV ad will be on YouTube.

Richie
08-06-2007, 01:22 PM
Any updates?

RonPaulCult
08-06-2007, 01:32 PM
I must see/hear these NOW. I do not want to wait people. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

CasualApathy
08-06-2007, 01:49 PM
Isn't it the one already posted on RonPaulAudio.com ??

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
No. That's the one done by the grassroots.

Syren123
08-06-2007, 02:47 PM
check out their schedule for this week in Iowa. They must be busier than a one-legged man in a butt kicking contest.

Wish someone would record the ad and play it for us. ;)

Dave
08-06-2007, 05:09 PM
I just got back from the event in Wellsburg, IA and on the way up there I heard ANOTHER Ron Paul commercial! I'm pretty sure this was from the official campaign but it was NOT the one I heard going to Fairfield last night.

This one talked about bin Laden and letters of marque and reprisal. It talked about the no-win war and that m&r would allow us to find terrorists without wider wars. It went on into the Christian 'just war' principle. It finished, of course, with info on Ames, the web address, and Hope for America, etc.

No music, again, which I think makes these ads rather direct, unique, and effective.

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 05:13 PM
I just got back from the event in Wellsburg, IA and on the way up there I heard ANOTHER Ron Paul commercial! I'm pretty sure this was from the official campaign but it was NOT the one I heard going to Fairfield last night.

This one talked about bin Laden and letters of marque and reprisal. It talked about the no-win war and that m&r would allow us to find terrorists without wider wars. It went on into the Christian 'just war' principle. It finished, of course, with info on Ames, the web address, and Hope for America, etc.

No music, again, which I think makes these ads rather direct, unique, and effective.

Oh good. I am SO glad, he's talking about that. :D

Lord Xar
08-06-2007, 05:17 PM
this is good, between HQ ads, our ads... we are covering things pretty good.. and from what I understand, he isn't talking about illegal immigration in his ads (which he should), but at least we cover that in ours....

Dave
08-06-2007, 05:22 PM
this is good, between HQ ads, our ads... we are covering things pretty good.. and from what I understand, he isn't talking about illegal immigration in his ads (which he should), but at least we cover that in ours....

I heard yours two more times on the way to Wellsburg and back on WHO and WOW. Still love it. I go down the road switching between these channels looking FOR commercials - how backward is that?

It seem like the HQ one I heard last night included the illegal immigration issue.

Lord Xar
08-06-2007, 05:42 PM
I heard yours two more times on the way to Wellsburg and back on WHO and WOW. Still love it. I go down the road switching between these channels looking FOR commercials - how backward is that?

It seem like the HQ one I heard last night included the illegal immigration issue.

really really cool...

yeah!! WHO and WOW.... awesome..........................

PatriotOne
08-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I go down the road switching between these channels looking FOR commercials - how backward is that?

LMAO! I'll bet no one EVER does that looking for a Rudy, Mitt or McCain commercial :D

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 06:31 PM
Anyone have audio of the HQ radio ad yet? Video of the TV ad? DYING to see and hear what Iowans are seeing and hearing!

rich34
08-06-2007, 06:41 PM
Dave what have the crowds been like for Ron's events so far? Obviously they're not going to be as big as the ones planned a week or two in advance, but I'm just curious as to how the reception to Ron's message has been so far?

Richie
08-06-2007, 07:10 PM
Come on, ppl! At least give us the website of a local Iowa station so we can attempt to grab it!

Delaware
08-06-2007, 07:16 PM
We should purchase more radio time(grassroots) im all for it ( money of course) if someone wants to find some stations and get more air time.

Delaware
08-06-2007, 07:17 PM
We could have a last week push for the Straw Poll

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 07:20 PM
We should purchase more radio time(grassroots) im all for it ( money of course) if someone wants to find some stations and get more air time.

WHO and WOW are the stations we advertised on, I believe. Check with Lord Xar if you're interested in funding more ads.

fletcher
08-06-2007, 08:17 PM
Come on, ppl! At least give us the website of a local Iowa station so we can attempt to grab it!

http://www.983wowfm.com/

Nathan Hale
08-06-2007, 08:44 PM
I find this ironic. Considering just how many zillions of audio and video clips are currently released by the Paul campaign and independently over the web, its strange that the OFFICIAL ads in Iowa are currently unavailable on the web.

DeadheadForPaul
08-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Yes! I've been waiting for the campaign to put our money to good use :) Glad they're on top of this!

Remember, investments now are for the straw poll and the caucus

Lord Xar
08-06-2007, 09:07 PM
I can get more spots..

WHO is VERY VERY expensive this week because of the Fair.. its tier 1 pricing...
--- like $375 per run

We can get on WOW fm 98.3 as we have ads on there too!

IF YOU WANT TO DONATE>>>>>

SEND PAYPAL PAYMENT TO:

RONPAUL4AMERICA@YAHOO.COM

The NEWSPAPER ADS are also gonna run TOMORROW, WEDNESDAY and SATURDAY... -- This week.. AMES, BOONE, and Story Today -- all in Ames area of iowa..

SO, we have good coverage with the papers... and if we want to go past Wednesay (when our ads end).. then we need more donations..

goldenequity
08-07-2007, 03:46 AM
WHO and WOW are the stations we advertised on, I believe. Check with Lord Xar if you're interested in funding more ads.

I am still looking for a National Campaign sound clip of their Radio Spot Ad.....

Has anybody got a link?
Has anybody/Moderator contacted HQ National to either get the clip or find out the Iowa stations they have contracted with?

anybody?

thanks ahead!
randy:)

mport1
08-07-2007, 05:52 AM
If I don't here these by the end of the day, I think I will explode.

Richie
08-07-2007, 10:33 AM
bump! Please! Gimme a clip! I'm dying!

JosephTheLibertarian
08-07-2007, 10:35 AM
I think we have two different campaigns going lol Ron Paul's and the grassroots. I like how it's decentralized somewhat, it's fitting for his stance on state's rights

LibertyEagle
08-07-2007, 11:06 AM
I think we have two different campaigns going lol Ron Paul's and the grassroots. I like how it's decentralized somewhat, it's fitting for his stance on state's rights

They have to be separate because of McCain-Feingold. What's more, the campaign has said they would like us to do more! They aren't going to direct us. They can't.

Please read Jen's blog here, on www.paulforall.com

goldenequity
08-07-2007, 04:17 PM
An "IOWA DAVE" post: (from today Aug. 7)

If you can't get to Iowa and you're not busy calling Iowans, then you can get a feel for things here listening online to

Newsradio 1040 WHO from 9 to 11:30 AM CDT and from 4-7 PM CDT for the 'local' talk shows.

http://www.whoradio.com/main.html (http://www.whoradio.com/main.html)

Also

WOW 98.3 from about 1:20 to 3:40 is local talk.

http://www.983wowfm.com/ (http://www.983wowfm.com/)

Most of the talk right now is about the race. You might even get to hear the Ron Paul commercials!

Don't forget to tune in to WHO radio Thursday at 9 AM CDT to hear Ron Paul be interviewed live at the Iowa State Fair by Jan Mickelson. Maybe you'll hear a Ron Paul commercial, too.

You can listen online here:

www.whoradio.com (http://www.whoradio.com)

angrydragon
08-07-2007, 04:33 PM
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/08/07/ron-pauls-first-ad/

It doesn't work for me, perhaps someone here can get to work on their computer and convert it to youtube.

Nathan Hale
08-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Okay, if there's one key weakness with the Paul campaign (be it the "official" campaign or the grassroots campaign), that weakness is horrible taste in music. Sure, the song in the ad isn't nearly as bad as "If You Google Ron Paul", it's still a pretty poor choice.

It doesn't cost that much to license music for a single use. Even using a song of supporter Barry Manilow would be better than what is being used.

angelatc
08-08-2007, 09:08 PM
The audio clips are on his site now.

Dave
08-08-2007, 09:10 PM
Anyone who was at the Ron Paul Rally in Des Moines on June 30 (remember the ITR/ITA forum? Seems like months ago) knows how this song can suck all the energy out of a room.

Just when everyone was about to explode as Ron Paul prepared to go on stage they played this thing and it was like the air coming out of a balloon. I thought we had learned our lesson. It has its place - I liked it when it was in part of one of Bill Dumas' RP videos - from Silicon Valley or Vegas, I think.

Curious and undecided Iowans need to see and feel the energy we have!

SWATH
08-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Anyone who was at the Ron Paul Rally in Des Moines on June 30 (remember the ITR/ITA forum? Seems like months ago) knows how this song can suck all the energy out of a room.

Just when everyone was about to explode as Ron Paul prepared to go on stage they played this thing and it was like the air coming out of a balloon. I thought we had learned our lesson. It has its place - I liked it when it was in part of one of Bill Dumas' RP videos - from Silicon Valley or Vegas, I think.

Curious and undecided Iowans need to see and feel the energy we have!

Man, that song sucks.

WHY? WHY?

disinter
08-08-2007, 09:44 PM
I love the “He Walks His Talk” radio spot.

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Dave
08-08-2007, 09:47 PM
I just turned on the local news to see if the TV commercial would run and it did! I have to admit it really comes off much better on my tube than it does on You Tube.

Kuldebar
08-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Folks, not everyone is into rap, emo or alternative music. This is Iowa we are talking about not metropolis-ville. :p