PDA

View Full Version : A messy eastern storm

RonRules
02-01-2008, 11:19 AM
The seniors in Maine will stay home. The good weather in NH cost us the election there. NOBODY will brave that kind of weather for McCain !

They will for Ron Paul. I'm expecting 15% in Maine and THAT will change everything.

http://www.weather.com/newscenter/stormwatch/?from=hp_news

From northern New York to northern New England as the precipitation surges northward, significant snow and sleet accumulations will give way to significant freezing rain. Up to a half-inch ice coating is possible in cities like Burlington, Vermont, by early Saturday causing dangerous travel along with significant tree and power line damage.

RonRules
02-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Are there ANY Mormons in Maine?

MrCobaltBlue
02-01-2008, 11:34 AM

Not that I know of.

We don't take kindly to those type of folks up here.

bullterrier0
02-01-2008, 11:39 AM

I know a family of them who just moved out of state. ;)

But seriously, not in any significant numbers.

A. Havnes
02-01-2008, 11:48 AM
Hope the bad weather lasts!

chris198
02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I live in PA, was in a car accident, moms now in the hospital, damn ice covered roads.

Shellshock1918
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
Please don't get everyone's hopes up. Everyone just work hard, vote, caucus or whatever, but don't expect a sweeping victory. Just fight for Ron.

A. Havnes
02-01-2008, 12:05 PM
I live in PA, was in a car accident, moms now in the hospital, damn ice covered roads.

That's terrible! Is your mom all right?

WilliamC
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
Not that I know of.

We don't take kindly to those type of folks up here.

Well from what I can tell a lot of those types of folks are very good people.

The mormon religion views the Constitution as a divinely inspired document.

Now why this translates into votes for Mitt Romney I don't know.

evandi
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Well from what I can tell a lot of those types of folks are very good people.

The mormon religion views the Constitution as a divinely inspired document.

Now why this translates into votes for Mitt Romney I don't know.

Because Mormons aren't better then anyone else. Saying that they are very good people implies that, yet there is no reason to believe that.

Arek
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Well I hope bad weather means low turnout and high turnout for Paul supporters. We have Ice all over the roads here in Western Maryland. I hope on the 12th we have bad weather.

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 12:48 PM
What about Huck's people?

RonRules
02-01-2008, 12:54 PM
What about Huck's people?

I think Huck's people are going to take away Romney's votes for religious reasons. They could also draw down the Liberal McCain votes.

I don't this Huck's people are necessarily anti-Paul. They will go out to vote to oppose Romney and McCain, which is good for us.

Their votes are welcome and will proportionally help Ron Paul.

TheGrimace
02-01-2008, 12:55 PM
The seniors in Maine will stay home. The good weather in NH cost us the election there. NOBODY will brave that kind of weather for McCain !

They are used to it, especially the old-timers.

josephadel_3
02-01-2008, 12:59 PM
They are used to it, especially the old-timers.

Yeah, I wonder if the poster understands us Mainers. We have some of the crappiest winters in the continental United States. Most people here know how to drive in the snow and ice.

Nevertheless, I hope you are right. I hope the storm helps us. I am caucusing tomorrow no matter what.

crazyfacedjenkins
02-01-2008, 01:02 PM
Because Mormons aren't better then anyone else. Saying that they are very good people implies that, yet there is no reason to believe that.

exactly

raiha
02-01-2008, 01:18 PM

Ssorry to hear that Chris. Hope your Mum is ok and not too serious. I know what it feels like to skid on ice in a car....total helplessness. Hope your car was insured too.

bucfish
02-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Yeah Chris hope everything works out and they are okay. Let's hope for the best out of Maine.

CountryboyRonPaul
02-01-2008, 01:37 PM
I don't think William was suggesting Mormons were better than anybody else ;)

I call Baptists good people.

But they're not as good as Ron Paul supporters if half of them are dumb enough to vote for the Huckopalypse.

Or at least that half of Baptists aren't as good as RP supporters...

I probably shouldn't have said anything huh?

WilliamC
02-01-2008, 01:52 PM

You seem to be speaking in generalities.

I'm not.

Hildy Johnson
02-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Actually, while many Maine towns will caucus this weekend, with the majority on Saturday, others will not meet until later in the month. March 20 is the deadline, I believe.

Also, town delegates are technically uncommitted. We can assume that if Dr. Paul takes a majority of the towns, that he will end up the delegates that matter at the state convention in May.

But really, if the media says this candidate or that one "won" the Maine caucus, all he really won was a glorified straw poll.

seapilot
02-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Actually, while many Maine towns will caucus this weekend, with the majority on Saturday, others will not meet until later in the month. March 20 is the deadline, I believe.

Also, town delegates are technically uncommitted. We can assume that if Dr. Paul takes a majority of the towns, that he will end up the delegates that matter at the state convention in May.

But really, if the media says this candidate or that one "won" the Maine caucus, all he really won was a glorified straw poll.

Thats ok too:cool:

dirka
02-01-2008, 03:21 PM

The problem we are facing is that the media has turned this into a two man race. What that means is they are trying to pin McCain and Romney against eachother to have higher turnout.

So, in reality no one would go out in the cold to vote for McCain, they would go out to vote for him if they hate Mitt Romney and are worried he could win and vice versa.

We need to get this thing down to a One on One with McCain and Paul, then people would be willing to sit it out because they would think that Paul has no chance, or they don't care about McCain and don't want to vote for him.