PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Please Confirm RP's Participation in the MTV Debate?

Laja
02-01-2008, 10:54 AM
The Victoria, TX Meetup leader keeps insisting that he's not going to be on those debates and will be in Victoria tomorrow. But last night at the Austin Victory Ball, Jack Blood said that so many people barraged MTV with emails and phone calls about RP's exclusion that they relented and invited him. He can't be in both places at once. Can anyone shed light on this? Thanks!

Laja
02-01-2008, 10:58 AM
Anybody??

Jae0
02-01-2008, 10:59 AM
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1580672/20080130/index.jhtml?rsspartner=rssColdFusion

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
it's confirmed

http://www.myspace.com/election2008

evadmurd
02-01-2008, 11:00 AM
http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6527691.html

Laja
02-01-2008, 11:11 AM
Jeez, I hope you guys are right. I checked on the articles and the one from broadcastingcable says he will participate. But the meetup organizer is still insisting he'll be in victoria, tx. She says she's only one person away from speaking directly to RP and that he's promised to spend the weekend with his family (one hour from victoria) to celebrate he and Carol's 51st anniversary. I hope he doesn't let this important opportunity go by. I'm sure his family will understand.

literatim
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
Ron Paul has a private plane...

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:15 AM
Jeez, I hope you guys are right. I checked on the articles and the one from broadcastingcable says he will participate. But the meetup organizer is still insisting he'll be in victoria, tx.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!

A great excuse to go back home for the day!!!!!!!

sorry to be selfish, but that would be absofreakin'lutely awesome!

my service got disconnected and i lost my e-mail account and stopped receiving e-mails from the group
and had no clue... are there any details out there on the event?

Bryan
02-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Ron Paul has a private plane...

But they say he'll be in Victoria at 1:30PM CST - and then at the MTV debate at 5PM CST? It doesn't add up. I've been looking into this too, trying to figure if I should:
a) Plan on being in Victoria.
b) Make a sub-forum for the MTV event (already requested)
c) Do both. :)

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
But they say he'll be in Victoria at 1:30PM CST - and then at the MTV debate at 5PM CST? It doesn't add up. I've been looking into this too, trying to figure if I should:
a) Plan on being in Victoria.
b) Make a sub-forum for the MTV event (already requested)
c) Do both. :)

please keep me astride of any developments you catch wind of, 'cuz i'll drive down if he's going to be there, but otherwise.... i have to help my sister move.

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
bump.

Heath
02-01-2008, 11:47 AM
I believe the MTV press release stated that some candidates will be live in their New York studio and some will be televised from campaign stops.

Laja
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
I believe the MTV press release stated that some candidates will be live in their New York studio and some will be televised from campaign stops.

Oh, I hope this is the case because I've been having these intense back and forths with her and she continues to insist that he has nothing on his calendar for his weekend and that's why he said he'd come to this rally. I'm praying that he goes to the rally and then goes back to his home or studio and is LIVE from there. If he gave up something as choice as the MTV debates, where millions of young people could hear his message, where we could pick up hundreds of thousands of new supporters, I would seriously be depressed.

PRIEST
02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Anyone know how to get confirmation from HQ where RP will be? I don't want to drive 3 hours out to Victoria for nothing!

constituent
02-01-2008, 11:58 AM
I'm praying that he goes to the rally and then goes back to his home or studio and is LIVE from there. If he gave up something as choice as the MTV debates, where millions of young people could hear his message, where we could pick up hundreds of thousands of new supporters, I would seriously be depressed.

it's an exhausting trip all the way up the coast to freeport from victoria... maybe someone could contact the KAVU-TV studio and see if there are any plans to televise or cover a campaign event?

constituent
02-01-2008, 12:04 PM
wife is calling the news station, got her on the IM machine so, we'll know is they know soon.

constituent
02-01-2008, 12:07 PM
KAVU-TV 25 newsroom says that according to their info. he will be there.... the can't "guarantee" they'll cover it though...

Laja
02-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Thanks! I've also asked this meetup organizer to check with her source and get back to us about whether he's doing both. http://www.myspace.com/election2008 this website says that he's confirmed. Now we just need to know if it's by satellite!

Laja
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
KAVU-TV 25 newsroom says that according to their info. he will be there.... the can't "guarantee" they'll cover it though...

Constituent, I thought you were calling to see if they were going to use their studios to "satellite" Ron Paul's participation in the MTV debate. They say he's confirmed for the date here: http://www.myspace.com/election2008

killatop
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
I haven't read all this post but there is a thing called a satellite.

Laja
02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
I haven't read all this post but there is a thing called a satellite.

It's obvious you haven't read it, Killatop. Just like to post for posting sake?

constituent
02-01-2008, 12:17 PM
Constituent, I thought you were calling to see if they were going to use their studios to "satellite" Ron Paul's participation in the MTV debate. They say he's confirmed for the date here: http://www.myspace.com/election2008

"to cover a campaign event" were my words.... and if they're hardly willing to give reasonable assurances that they'll be there for that, i doubt very much they'd offer their studio up for use.

plus if you've seen the quality of their broadcasts you'd probably prefer he didn't use their studio. :D

Laja
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
well, then we still don't have an answer. Both places are claiming he'll be there. the meetup lady is having kittens she's so upset. i asked her to call her source and see if she could get us confirmation that he'll be doing both events tomorrow.

Jesubub
02-01-2008, 12:24 PM
Paul has said repeated that "the message is resonating with young people". How could he pass up such a juicy national event that would wake up those warped little MTV minds?! I'm originally from Victoria and was considering making the 2-hour trip from Austin to check out the rally, but my confidence is shaken. If I hadn't seen him speak in 2003 in Bastrop, I'd risk the 4-hour round trip, but Austin precinct canvassing will have to take priority.

Like I told Toni Marek (confident Victoria organizer), Victoria isn't going anywhere. Paul can reschedule to preach to the converted.

constituent
02-01-2008, 12:27 PM
Paul has said repeated that "the message is resonating with young people". How could he pass up such a juicy national event that would wake up those warped little MTV minds?! I'm originally from Victoria and was considering making the 2-hour trip from Austin to check out the rally, but my confidence is shaken. If I hadn't seen him speak in 2003 in Bastrop, I'd risk the 4-hour round trip, but Austin precinct canvassing will have to take priority.

Like I told Toni Marek (confident Victoria organizer), Victoria isn't going anywhere. Paul can reschedule to preach to the converted.

lots of truth to that.

just moved back up here to austin from victoria... good to see another local!!!

Jesubub
02-01-2008, 12:38 PM
lots of truth to that.

just moved back up here to austin from victoria... good to see another local!!!

By the way, the organizer of the Victoria rally is a sweat lady that has nothing to do with what Paul does in this situation. She planned the event, and Paul asked to come because he was going to be resting up in Texas and celebrating their anniversary. Her insistence that Paul is going to the Victoria rally is just her passing on information, not fighting for Paul's time.

She graciously hand delivered a 4x8ft "Paul for Congress" sign to my dad to hang on the Houston Hwy, close to the airport. She has great intentions. This is a matter of the campaign over-committing Paul.

constituent
02-01-2008, 12:39 PM
By the way, the organizer of the Victoria rally is a sweat lady that has nothing to do with what Paul does in this situation. She planned the event, and Paul asked to come because he was going to be resting up in Texas and celebrating their anniversary. Her insistence that Paul is going to the Victoria rally is just her passing on information, not fighting for Paul's time.

She graciously hand delivered a 4x8ft "Paul for Congress" sign to my dad to hang on the Houston Hwy, close to the airport. She has great intentions. This is a matter of the campaign over-committing Paul.

+1000 for her.