PDA

View Full Version : Precinct Leader Tip For the Shy

bostongirl80
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM
The main goal of the precinct leader is to spread Dr. Paul's message. I understand that many individuals are hesitant to sign up as Precinct Leader because they are on the shy-side and do not feel comfortable canvassing their neighborhoods. While face-to-face interaction often works best, it is not the only means to communicate Ron Paul's message to people. Consider mailings!

As a precinct leader, I have sent out letters to all of the republicans in my precinct. In the letter, I introduce myself as a neighbor and then cover Dr. Paul's views and Congressional history. I end the letter with a call to action: I not only ask the recipient to consider voting for RP in the February 5th primary, but I also encourage the recipient to email me - especially if he or she would like more info, buttons, and/or stickers.

I am the senior marketing associate for a firm north of Boston and as a marketer, I know there are several tricks to getting people to open mail. If you send out letters to your precinct, please consider:
1. Opt for Hand-written Addresses on the Envelope
2. Include Your Personal Return Address
3. Use Actual Stamps not Postage Machines (i.e. metered mail)
4. Make it Lumpy :) If the recipient feels something in the envelope, he or she will be more likely to open it. I include an RP slim jim and a sheet of RP stickers. (Avoid buttons - you don't want to stab someone :p)

I encourage everyone who reads this to sign up as a precinct leader if you have not done so already. We need to reach as many people as we can! :D

bostongirl80
02-01-2008, 10:52 AM
And if anyone needs help with the letter, I can email or post the letter I sent.

bostongirl80
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
;)

RonPaulJunkie
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Great tips! I would love to see the letter since I plan to do the same. Feel free to most it for just PM me.

Thanks!

kickzman
02-01-2008, 11:09 AM
Gr8T TIPS!!! U go gal.

JimInNY
02-01-2008, 11:10 AM
bump for good tips.

txporchpisser
02-01-2008, 11:12 AM
I've been leaning towards doing it.......I think i will today