PDA

View Full Version : Questions about becoming a Precinct Leader

mkeller
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
Yes, I know this is in the wrong board. However - nobody ever reads the "Precinct Leader" board, so my questions there did not get answered, so I'm asking them here! A thousand apologies. :D

Now: From reading around on the Ron Paul site, it sounds like the best way to spread the message is to become a precinct leader. I've got a couple questions about that, though, that I'd really like if someone could answer.

One, are there any other duties of a precinct leader, besides calling and/or going door-to-door and generally spreading the good word about Ron Paul? Being a precinct leader doesn't entail being a delegate for your state or anything, does it?

And two, does one have to be of voting age to become a precinct leader? I'm seventeen now, and will be eighteen in time for the general election, but too young to vote in my state (Wisconsin)'s primary. And if so, is there any other way to get the phone/address lists so I can spread the word?

Thanks!

mcgraw_wv
02-01-2008, 10:45 AM
All it does is give you access to the names and addresses of the people in your precinct... There is no age limit on supporting Ron, so go for it.

I am one, and I have never been called by the campaign, and never asked to do anything more than contact my Precinct.

Of Course it could be because im in Florida and we vote, not caucus.

tonyr1988
02-01-2008, 10:57 AM
Also, are you positive that you can't vote in the primary? In Arkansas, as long as your 18 by November, you can vote in the primary.

Of course, even if you are, it may be too late to register (unless you have same-day registration), but it's worth looking into.

JustBcuz
02-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Yes, I know this is in the wrong board. However - nobody ever reads the "Precinct Leader" board, so my questions there did not get answered, so I'm asking them here! A thousand apologies. :D

Now: From reading around on the Ron Paul site, it sounds like the best way to spread the message is to become a precinct leader. I've got a couple questions about that, though, that I'd really like if someone could answer.

One, are there any other duties of a precinct leader, besides calling and/or going door-to-door and generally spreading the good word about Ron Paul? Being a precinct leader doesn't entail being a delegate for your state or anything, does it?

And two, does one have to be of voting age to become a precinct leader? I'm seventeen now, and will be eighteen in time for the general election, but too young to vote in my state (Wisconsin)'s primary. And if so, is there any other way to get the phone/address lists so I can spread the word?

Thanks!

You should run down to your County Clerk/Registrar's office and check that. I'm 98% sure that you are eligible to vote in the primary. Any party registration deadlines probably won't apply to you either.

In fact, at my caucus in Nevada, the only people who were allowed to register on the spot were 17 year olds who would be 18 in time for the General Election.

You should also be able to get your precinct's 'walk list' at either the Registrar's office or your County's GOP office, although it might cost you a couple bucks for printing costs.

Don't worry about the age thing for being a Precinct Leader. There's been a couple of under 18's asking the same thing. Being a Precinct Leader is a lot more about stepping up and doing the actual work than it is about the title. The ronpaul2008.com site just gives you some tools to help make it easier and more effective.

Best of luck to you. :)