PDA

View Full Version : Sign shenanigans from Tuscaloosa DOT

GunnyFreedom
02-01-2008, 10:21 AM
The Tuscaloosa DOT doesn't like political signs. In fact, signs will not be tolerated. When we went to investigate the mystery of the missing signs, we learned that Tuscaloosa DOT had pulled them up. They keep watching for them to go out, and when they do, they pick them clean.

At first they called them "litter" but Scotty said he would sign a contract to retrieve them. So then they became abandoned property. Then we said we would remain in the area and manage the signs, and finally we were told they were unlawful.

So now we go and recover our pulled signs from the TDOT compound. A midnight raid yeilded us 42 signs. Well, 43 really, but we left TDOT a small momento. :D

Tonight, we must deliver 10,000 Ron Paul newspapers, and signbomb the alternate main drag. Tomorrow we will have a massive canvass following the newsdrop. With the signbomb/newsbomb/canvassbomb combination, that is 3 media in 24 hours, and people already want to know.

This entire operation is taking place today and tomorrow.

So come help! Help with papers, help with signs, help with canvass! Your help here will return votes, in high ratios. If nothing else, the experience gained by canvassers canvassing a place where folks seriously want to know, will strengthen your resolve, motivation, insight, and capabilities for their future states.

More coming when I get to a real keyboard.

Matt Collins
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
"I swear if I am gonna pistol whip the next person who says that word"

"Hey Farva, what's the name of that restaurant you like with all the goofy shit on the walls?"

Matt Collins
02-01-2008, 12:06 PM
Hey the DOT here in Nashville removed all of our signs, and then CALLED US to tell us where we could come by and pick them back up!

How nice of them LOL

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2008, 02:16 PM
In fact, we have been recovering our signs from TDOT. We plan on doing so today with coverage from the Tuscaloosa News. Stay tuned!

GunnyFreedom
02-04-2008, 06:23 PM
The interview and photoshoot with the Tuscaloosa News went very well. Expect to see a story in the morning paper, and online at tuscaloosanews.com shortly!

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 09:52 AM
Now we are being threatened with jail if we continue to plant signs. Threatened fines have risen from $200 to $500 over the last 24 hours. I am going to the busiest spot in the city to wear a banner that says "Don't censor me."

And carrying a 2x4 Ron Paul sign.

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 10:07 AM
setting up volunteers to make banners that say "Don't censor me" and signwave in the storm. Handing out Ron Paul platform papers.

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 10:17 AM
we are being followed around town by marked and unmarked units. This is getting interesting!

TonySutton
02-05-2008, 10:24 AM
My question is "What does the state and local law say concerning the placement of political signs on public property?"

Continue fighting the good fight!

jacque
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Ron Paul Campaign needs you. Make news nationwide but try not to land in jail.

tommyzDad
02-05-2008, 10:35 AM
setting up volunteers to make banners that say "Don't censor me" and signwave in the storm. Handing out Ron Paul platform papers.

How about "Don't censor me, bro!!"

andys311
02-05-2008, 10:46 AM
They already took the one's down you put up last night on 15th Street.

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 11:37 AM
We are on the cover of the Tuscaloosa news, and the Birmingham News put Ron Paul on the front page today.

GunnyFreedom
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
all done signwaving, another encounter with the law went well for us. Heading for Birmingham so Matt can vote. Alabama afterparty is in Birmingham so it works out. Haven't seen TV news once since arriving. Dunno what's going on at all. Hope to catch Tuscaloosa returns somewhere.

skeet
02-05-2008, 09:22 PM
3%? I don't understand.

The Machine
02-05-2008, 10:24 PM
3%? I don't understand.

I don't understand either, can someone explain? I read in earlier posts that AL was supposed to be one of our stronger showings. Maybe too much emphasis on signs and not enough phone/door-to-door activity?

GunnyFreedom
02-06-2008, 01:11 AM
well I went door to door as much as one person can to cover a whole county. Don't think that just because I used signbombs means I didn't canvass. I have been begging for more canvassers for 10 days solid. Nobody answered the call. Some I know had class. No argument with that. Some people could have come but didn't. If we had bodies for the canvass we would have won.