View Full Version : #106 - A 1% Tax... too good to be true

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
http://causeoffreedom.blogspot.com/

DIGG THIS
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/A_1_Tax_too_good_to_be_true

jasonuher
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
This would kick the fair tax's ass in terms of simplicity. Oh, and would actually be 'fair' too; go figure :rolleyes:

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 10:28 AM
I know I need to see the numbers though, I can't find them it's so frustrating

mtmedlin
02-01-2008, 10:43 AM
I will see your 1% and lower it.

If you really like the numbers try checking out the

www.apttax.com

So small, it hurts nobody, but scary as hell because just a small increase in percentage can raise billions.

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 11:06 AM
I will check this out

stefans
02-01-2008, 03:38 PM
it's a tax on every level - so if one company sells a service to a customer, but buys that service from another company, it's 2 percent. and so on.
it punishes complex business relationships, the effects on the economy would be desastrous.
depending on the length of the supply chain this would cause an insane amount of tax on some products.

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 04:05 PM
it's a tax on every level - so if one company sells a service to a customer, but buys that service from another company, it's 2 percent. and so on.
it punishes complex business relationships, the effects on the economy would be desastrous.
depending on the length of the supply chain this would cause an insane amount of tax on some products.

well that would lead to a more efficient economy in my view

it'll make for simplified and transparent business relationships

though I don't think a 1% would accumulate in any business relationship beyond 6-7%

RoyalShock
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Business would adjust. If their product won't support 4, 5, 6, 7% in VAT, then they will begin to eliminate some middle-men. Maybe produce a component themselves. Hire some craftsmen.

Besides, wouldn't it be offset by eliminating the other business taxes?

I loved the last half of that YouTube clip where the host went off on Romney. That needs to go viral because every word he said about Romney and the other candidates is 100% true.