PDA

View Full Version : Ron said he would stay in, as long as the $ kept coming in....

LibertyEagle
02-01-2008, 10:02 AM
From the look of the fundraiser that's going on today, that money is in fact, not coming in. Is this the message you want to send Dr. Paul? That we're quitting on him?

So, if you want him to continue past Super Tuesday, you might want to consider making a donation.

robmpreston
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
Uhh, 2.5 million raised in the last 10 days isn't money coming in?

DeafPalmdale
02-01-2008, 10:06 AM
Where are those people who donated the Boston Tea Party? Please help Ron Paul to win.

Quick
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Uhh, 2.5 million raised in the last 10 days isn't money coming in?

But, how can I be a negative person if I look at the numbers that way? :rolleyes:

steph3n
02-01-2008, 10:08 AM
Where are those people who donated the Boston Tea Party? Please help Ron Paul to win.

I cant legally, sorry :( I even held off just to donate on the Tea Party day.

Vendico
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
we need NEW donors. It's that simple

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
The money will flow in once Ron goes independent. All the donors maxed out can give again, and new people will be attracted if they see hope. Right now, our numbers from SC and FL very low, so you can expect funraising to slow.

cayton
From the look of the fundraiser that's going on today, that money is in fact, not coming in. Is this the message you want to send Dr. Paul? That we're quitting on him?

So, if you want him to continue past Super Tuesday, you might want to consider making a donation.

These "money bombs" are so frequent and so very little advertised that you're kidding yourselves if you think they will continue to work.

That ship has sailed, seriously. On top of that, how can you say that the money isnt coming in? He's got four million in a month? Thats on target for $12m this quarter! He's STILL outraising probably every republican who isnt giving himself money

tpreitzel
A little patience everyone. The money IS coming in. BTW, the PPT did a great job last night. Thanks! ;)

LibertyEagle
we need NEW donors. It's that simple

I agree.

Please see Senior Vote Outreach and the new grassroots Slim Jim for Seniors and GO GET THE NEW DONORS. :D These are the people we MUST get on board. They consistently vote and they have money.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=96

rprprs

Due to personal circumstances, I won't be donating until later in the day.

But don't worry...I'LL BE THERE!:)

yongrel
02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
These past two money bombs aren't the product of decreased support so much as they are the result of minimal publicity.

For the 5th and 16th, we were spamming teh interwebs with hype. "OMG the teaparty is gonna be amazing!"

There was more than a month of buzz leading to the 5th & 16th, a single-mindedness of the grassroots. We had nothing like that for MLK and today. MLK was hurt by the confusion and bickering surrounding it, and this one simply hasn't had enough time.

There's a lot of money coming in, and there's no end in sight. DONATE!

RageAgainstDC
02-01-2008, 10:12 AM
50% of donors are new blood, consistently. Money is coming in a he'll of a lot faster than it is for anyone else. Daily fundraising has tripled in recent weeks. Quit feeding the trolls.

DeafPalmdale
02-01-2008, 10:13 AM
I cant legally, sorry :( I even held off just to donate on the Tea Party day.

That was in 2007 but we are in 2008. Maybe ask someone you know who donated.

We are still below from MLK Money Bomb (Jan. 21st). At this rate, we may get around $1 million today. :(

LibertyEagle
02-01-2008, 10:14 AM
On top of that, how can you say that the money isnt coming in? He's got four million in a month? Thats on target for $12m this quarter! He's STILL outraising probably every republican who isnt giving himself money

It doesn't matter. We have to provide our own media coverage. The MSM isn't going to give it to him. So, it's up to us. We have to have enough money to do this ourselves.

steph3n
02-01-2008, 10:14 AM
That was in 2007 but we are in 2008. Maybe ask someone you know who donated.

We are still below from MLK Money Bomb (Jan. 21st). At this rate, we may get around $1 million today. :(

it doesn't matter the year, it goes by primary/general

Johncjackson
02-01-2008, 10:16 AM
it doesn't matter the year, it goes by primary/general

Exactly and I hope I have the opportunity to max Out for the general.

homah
02-01-2008, 10:18 AM
The money is coming in. $4 million in January, probably another $1.5 today.

constituent
02-01-2008, 10:22 AM
i still don't see why RP isn't touring like the grateful dead and charging admission to his speeches...

turning around and cutting himself checks.... i just don't get it.

familydog
02-01-2008, 10:24 AM
It really doesn't matter at this point. We will have to wait and see until what Super Tuesday holds. If Ron doesn't win at least a couple states, the "he can't win" factor will really set in.

Jae0
02-01-2008, 10:25 AM
http://piotech.wsd.wednet.edu/student/StudentPages/00-01/Kara&Tiffany/waaah.gif

RonRules
02-01-2008, 10:28 AM
When HQ figures out that Seniors vote, they I'll donate again.

45% of Republicans that voted in Nevada were over the age of 60
41% of Republicans that voted in Florida were over the age of 60
75% of Republicans that voted in Florida were over the age of 45

You don't have to be a statistical genius to figure out why the campaign is NOT working.

RonRules
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
It's about time that small businesses start chipping in. Look at the financial business contributions to Hillary & Obama

MsDoodahs
02-01-2008, 10:31 AM
When HQ figures out that Seniors vote, they I'll donate again.

45% of Republicans that voted in Nevada were over the age of 60
41% of Republicans that voted in Florida were over the age of 60
75% of Republicans that voted in Florida were over the age of 45

You don't have to be a statistical genius to figure out why the campaign is NOT working.

HQ KNOWS THAT ALREADY.

It is the grassroots - as in the younguns HERE - that have not figured it out.

LibertyEagle
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
It's about time that small businesses start chipping in. Look at the financial business contributions to Hillary & Obama

Have you taken the Small Business Slim Jims around to the small businesses in your city? If not, how is it that you think they know how Ron Paul would be good for small businesses? Osmosis?

Jae0
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
HQ KNOWS THAT ALREADY.

I <3 you

constituent
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
HQ KNOWS THAT ALREADY.

more collectivist crap.

as a "youngun" here who has swallowed his personal feelings toward
the older generations and advocated courting their vote since the
beginning, i take offense to the constant attacks you've been leveling
against myself and others on this forum as of late.

and it really isn't, or wasn't (before) your style.

slacker921
02-01-2008, 10:36 AM
"we need NEW donors. It's that simple" .. look at the graphs.. almost half of the people donating on an average day are new donors.

What we need is a WIN. If he wins Maine the wallets will open. You people in Maine do not let the GOP steal this one from you like they did in Louisiana.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
02-01-2008, 10:39 AM
"we need NEW donors. It's that simple" .. look at the graphs.. almost half of the people donating on an average day are new donors.

What we need is a WIN. If he wins Maine the wallets will open. You people in Maine do not let the GOP steal this one from you like they did in Louisiana.

Exactly.

MsDoodahs
02-01-2008, 11:05 AM
more collectivist crap.

as a "youngun" here who has swallowed his personal feelings toward
the older generations and advocated courting their vote since the
beginning, i take offense to the constant attacks you've been leveling
against myself and others on this forum as of late.

and it really isn't, or wasn't (before) your style.

Elections are about collectivist crap, whether we like it or not. ;)

The "GOP" is collectivist crap..."seniors" is collectivist crap..."younguns" is collectivist crap...and I KNOW THAT. But if we're to get ahead with the 'collectivist crap group' known as seniors, we (the 'collectivist crap group' known as younguns) have to target them as a group. Meaning we have to deal with the collectivist crap.

That's the way the world works, and we can't change that. We have to work within the framework that exists.

Refusing to do is a losing ... strategery. :)

Lots of older people will not watch DVDs because they don't have DVD players - if they do have one, a lot of them got it as a Christmas gift from their grandkids and they only watch DVDs when the grandkids stop by and put one in for them, lol. So massive DVD handouts don't work to reach them. They don't use the internet - they read email and do their stock trades and nothing else. That's what we (the 'collectivist crap group' known as younguns) have to remember and that's the behavior we have to strategize around.

It's not personal against you or any of the young people here - it's my effort at getting you younger ones - who are GREAT IDEA PEOPLE - to recognize these things about older folks so y'all can come up with great ideas on how to reach that 'collectivist crap group' known as seniors.

MsDoodahs
02-01-2008, 11:49 AM
bump :)

pacelli
02-01-2008, 11:55 AM

Maxed out at $2300. Can't donate.

crazyfacedjenkins
02-01-2008, 12:01 PM
There's only one other place where Ron can get money and America's wealthy business owners are way to slimy and corrupt to donate to Ron Paul. All the decent ones, have already, give it up man. THERE AREN'T THAT MANY GOOD PEOPLE IN AMERICA. This is all the good people have to offer.

crazyfacedjenkins
02-01-2008, 12:03 PM
Why are you trying to push this fucking group anyway? For god's sake, they already know Ron is fucked with cash and have already maxed out. Really it's a fucking slap in the face.

liberteebell
02-01-2008, 12:07 PM
Maxed out at $2300. Can't donate.

Well, can't you just run out and get married this afternoon so you can donate another $2300 today? ;)

crazyfacedjenkins
02-01-2008, 12:08 PM
You should try going around to all the local businesses in your area and getting them to donate, instead of trying to get a bunch of 13 year old kids waking off on their computers to donate.

pacelli
02-01-2008, 12:09 PM
These "money bombs" are so frequent and so very little advertised that you're kidding yourselves if you think they will continue to work.

That ship has sailed, seriously. On top of that, how can you say that the money isnt coming in? He's got four million in a month? Thats on target for $12m this quarter! He's STILL outraising probably every republican who isnt giving himself money

This is the only moneybomb where Ron has publically asked us for a specific amount, and provided an incentive to donate today.

JasonCYST
02-01-2008, 12:10 PM
Due to the fact that it's been two months since I placed my order, and it still hasnt come, and no one has returned my calls or emails regarding this matter, I will NOT be donating today, tomorrow, or probably ever again until I get my order. I'm sitting on a good chuck of money that I would love to donate, but this outstanding order and lack of response from anyone after a couple DOZEN attempts, is a bit much. Right or wrong, that's where I stand.

pacelli
Well, can't you just run out and get married this afternoon so you can donate another $2300 today? ;)

:) The wife is maxed as well :)

njandrewg
we are still very competitive, we raised 4.1mm in January. And we all know that the first month is ALWAYS much worse. If I remember correctly September we had something like 2mm.

Karsten
02-01-2008, 12:12 PM
We had over a month to promote the tea party, whereas, we've only halfway been promoting Feb. 1st for the past few days. Money bombs don't automatically happen, they need time to build excitement.

And as far as the book, it reached the top ten bestsellers, so I don't know what you're talking about there.

Mister Grieves
02-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Unless the OP has donated the maximum $2300, I see no reason as to why they created this thread other than to somehow make themself feel better for having over 12,000 posts on this board when they could have been contributing their time offline to actually do something positive in helping Dr. Paul get elected.

liberteebell
02-01-2008, 12:14 PM
:) The wife is maxed as well :)

Excellent! :)

Mark
02-01-2008, 12:16 PM
It's already the FIFTH highest day in donations, and it's still early.

Many details - stats and graphs here: --> http://ronpaul.cc/51/

date total donations
2007-12-16 $6,043,022.96 59,170
2007-11-05 $3,994,713.65 38,905
2008-01-21 $1,850,160.95 24,430
2007-11-30 $531,438.82 6,780
2008-02-01 $465,330.60 5,207

Today Online Sum $475,068.63
Today Online Count 5,322
Today New Donor Count 761

Jae0
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Due to the fact that it's been two months since I placed my order, and it still hasnt come, and no one has returned my calls or emails regarding this matter, I will NOT be donating today, tomorrow, or probably ever again until I get my order. I'm sitting on a good chuck of money that I would love to donate, but this outstanding order and lack of response from anyone after a couple DOZEN attempts, is a bit much. Right or wrong, that's where I stand.

So because some people have messed up your order you're punishing Paul? Its not like he was handling the orders personally.

CelestialRender
02-01-2008, 12:33 PM
Man, it sure is terrible to see our 4th Best Day, ever, in fund raising.

Let me make a silly, pessimistic thread on the forums to waste everyone's time.

josh24601
02-01-2008, 12:35 PM
So because some people have messed up your order you're punishing Paul? Its not like he was handling the orders personally.

Well by compromising his campaign by withholding donations, HE'LL BE SURE TO GET THOSE BUTTONS MAILED OUT QUICKER NEXT TIME.

Misesian
02-01-2008, 12:36 PM
If there's no GhoeberX videos promoting it, it's a money grenade rather than a bomb.

Those videos are inspiring and get people to donate.

Maybe for the next well planned out money bomb he should release the video the evening right before the bomb so that the inspiration from it won't dwindle away over time.

Isn't there some big money bomb planned for tax day? Is this too late? How many primaries are there after April 15th? If it's worthwhile we should start building that one up and I can see that one netting $6 mil.

crazyfacedjenkins
02-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Unless the OP has donated the maximum $2300, I see no reason as to why they created this thread other than to somehow make themself feel better for having over 12,000 posts on this board when they could have been contributing their time offline to actually do something positive in helping Dr. Paul get elected.

You know they haven't. It's annoying to hear this shit, they should really be scouting local businesses and shit like that to try and pull some donations together.

Do some real life work, the internet is not the real world!!!!!

PaultheSaint
02-01-2008, 01:28 PM
today is pay day. I'd expect to see a bump in the late afternoon.