PDA

View Full Version : IMHO, This should be ROns Talking points

mcgraw_wv
02-01-2008, 09:08 AM
On Romney:
"This country is not a business, you can not hire and fire people that only agree with you. It takes a special person to be able to listen to others, as we are all in this "business", it takes someone that can use the constitution as a basis for leading all of us. It is a misnomer that a CEO can run a country, We have seen a CEO in Bush, and his attitude of what I say goes, that comes from being a leading in business translated into his administration which created the most closed minded administration we have seen in a long time..

In business, you choose who is on your team, you manage the people who choose to accomplish a goal, you can not lead a country on these ideas, we are all employees, and not one of us can be fired from America. We all deserve a promotion in the business of America, and it starts with selecting someone to lead that understands this is a passion that resides in all Americans. Creating budgets, and executing business plans, does equal experience that is in touch with the blue collar worker on the factory floor that does all the dirty work."

On McCain:
"McCain is a decorated War Hero, he has shown he has what it takes to sacrifice for this country, in that I commend McCain. However there are times that the men on the front lines are dispirited, and look to their leadership to make changes in order to lead them. Our troops on the front line have made their voices heard, they gave me the most money, they, through the power of their HARD earned money, told America that they are looking for me to become their Commander in chief. I can not say if I will be a great president, I do know that if you choose me as your Commander in Chief, we will be supporting the Troops on the frontlines, and altering our stragety in order to give out troops the best way to achieve success. Success does not always equal complete suppression of a country or a people, having a independent Iraq is success, and the troops have told me, it's time to let the Iraqis fend for themselves.

These statements show leadership, strength, and humulity. It also showcases the weaknesses of his opponents.

I also think he needs to speak like a president, when he starts reaching, and kinds of whinning, he doesn't look liek a President. He he were to give this answer boldly looking into the camera, or to the moderator, it would show confidence, and strength.

These are just my thoughts on how to make Paul's image into something more than just someone railing against the establishment. To the average american, he sounds whining and non-presidential.

ToryNotion
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
I think RP know how to talk to young people.

FREEDOM
PROSPERITY
LIMITED GOVERNMENT
LOW TAXES
CONTROL OVER YOUR OWN FUTURE
PEACEFUL RELATIONS WITH THE WORLD

ToryNotion
02-01-2008, 09:14 AM
I'd go for wise and caring grandfather instead of PRESIDENTIAL but its been a long time since i was a young person.

mcgraw_wv
02-01-2008, 09:16 AM
**** Newflash ****

Young people don't get People elected to the Presidency.

He needs to speak to the 30-50 year old demographic.

ToryNotion
02-01-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm thinking it will take a few generations to really get back our liberties and the Republic. Those that would destroy our liberties and our Republic have been patiently working for several generations so it will take the same kind of effort on our part. I'm hoping RP can win all demographics in this event but the audience for this thing is likely to be a younger one. Any 30-50's watching this will be political junkies like us who aren't likely to be swayed.

CAT5 Cane
02-01-2008, 09:26 AM
McCane is not a war hero. In fact, he was damned lousy pilot who would have washed out of flight training if his daddy hadn't been a Navy admiral. Getting shot down by the enemy and then singing like a canary to his captors in exchange for preferential treatment does not make one a "hero."

McCane's "war hero" schtick is 100 percent phony, and high-ranking officials -- past and present -- who have viewed his now-sealed military records are well aware of it.

- CAT5 Cane

mcgraw_wv
02-01-2008, 09:26 AM
There are millions of voters that don't watch the debate, but watch CNN, and a sound bite of what I wrote, it would make people think... hmmm... he makes sense.

raystone
02-01-2008, 09:31 AM
good stuff Mcgraw_wv

ToryNotion
02-01-2008, 10:05 AM
My bad. I thought this was about the MTV/MySpace thing on Saturday.