PDA

View Full Version : If my state primary is already over....

GoDrNo
02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
and I sign up for precinct captain what sort of activities would I be doing at this point?

Would I be calling other states, writing letters for other states?

thehittgirl
02-01-2008, 10:00 AM
Are you bordering a state that has their primary on a different date? Flexible? If yes to both see if you can help canvass. I am considering this myself.

GoDrNo
02-01-2008, 10:55 AM
No, there is no possible way I can canvass out of state, was hoping they had some sort of out of state phone calling we could do or something.

Scott Wilson
02-01-2008, 08:34 PM
Promote Ron Paul's upcoming book.

aph
02-03-2008, 09:14 AM
No, there is no possible way I can canvass out of state, was hoping they had some sort of out of state phone calling we could do or something.

sorry for the double post. I thought it didn't go through

offer the help another precinct leader by signing up for their precinct and calling their list. I have some precincts in Brooklyn you can help with.... email adam-at-hengels-dot-net

aph
02-03-2008, 09:27 AM
and I sign up for precinct captain what sort of activities would I be doing at this point?

Would I be calling other states, writing letters for other states?

Yes, post on here that you are willing to make calls for an upcoming primary. Help out someone with an active precinct operation. Sign up with a new email for his/her precinct. And do phone canvassing for them. I have some precincts in NY you can help me with phone calls.... (but you may want to help a more contested state)

After Feb 5 EVERYONE should do this.....

a2planet2
02-04-2008, 02:41 AM
The best thing to do is canvass your own precinct anyhow, because we need every Ron Paul supporter at your county convention. The conventions are actually more important than the primaries.

The other reason is because getting to know the voters in your precinct will have a lot of long-term value for you in the Ron Paul Revolution.

jbuttell
02-04-2008, 03:50 AM
This is where I'd personally like the campaign to step in and provide some additional leadership. I believe that even with residents states coming and going (in my case, california - super tuesday) I feel there's still continued work today. While since the cutoff date we've restricted ourselves to Republicans, pehaps it's best we 'open' up our lists and continue back on the Democrat list, trying to find more Obama and Hillary converts. This could be particularly useful right when it becomes obvious Hillary or Obama drop. Gett'm while they're fragile. ;D

somerFan
02-08-2008, 12:05 AM
In Massachusetts, the primary is over, but the delegates don't get elected until the April 5th caucus. Every MA Ron Paul Republican needs to be there. Now that Romney had dropped out, there is a great opportunity for Ron Paul.

You have until Wed Feb 13 to be registered as a Republican in MA to help win Ron Paul delegates at the April 5th caucus.

CAFinHerk
02-14-2008, 09:51 PM
The best thing to do is canvass your own precinct anyhow, because we need every Ron Paul supporter at your county convention. The conventions are actually more important than the primaries.

The other reason is because getting to know the voters in your precinct will have a lot of long-term value for you in the Ron Paul Revolution.

Is this true for all the states that have already had primarys? Should I stop using the "ID Out of State voter's" button on my Precinct leader's page? & go back to canvassing my precinct in NY?

Roxi
02-14-2008, 09:58 PM
most states who have had their primaries, have not had their county conventions... as a precinct leader you should be canvassing and phone banking your list

we need as many people as possible to show up at the convention because the amount of people that show up vs. the amount of people there for each candidate determines the percentage of delegates that that candidate gets....

first thing, find out who your state coordinator is

then find out the date and location of your county convention

get as many people as you can to show up and recruit as many people as you can to get others to show up

your state coordinator, or meetup group organizer should be able to help you as well

CableNewsJunkie
02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
Regarding the Precinct Leader program...

It seems to me that this program can be used for more than just spreading the word about Ron Paul.

We can use this program to elect liberty-minded people at all levels of government (federal, state, and local) in this election and BEYOND.

I hope more people will see the power of this plan and sign up. I signed up for the program tonight, even though our primary has come and gone here in SC.