PDA

View Full Version : Get a screenshot of your name.

123tim
02-01-2008, 09:03 AM
The MSM says that we're the Internet savvy group don't they?

Well, since I don't trust the MSM anymore, I'll assume that there might be someone here who doesn't know how to get a screen shot of their name when they donate.

Here's one easy way.

1.) Open the screen that you want a snap-shot of.
2.) Hold down "Ctrl" and then push "Prt Scrn".
Note: The Ctrl key is at the bottom left. The Prt Scrn is usually at the top with the Function keys.
Note: It will seem like nothing has happened when you take a screen shot - the results are copied to your clipboard but there's no message.

3.Open up your graphics program (I use gimp) and paste. (You have to have a new project opened.)

If everything went well you should have a picture of your name for posterity. Don't forget to save the picture!

Don't practice doing this before hand - Keep donating until you get the shot you need! :)

Can't afford to donate several times? Disconnect your Internet connection when your name comes up - The web page seems to keep cycling on the same set of names.
If you do this you'll have to use the smaller donation picture at the top of the forum main page - The Ron Paul donation page has a window that slides over the donation box :( http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php

Irfanview (a freeware image program) allows you to click edit and paste.

Maybe someone has an even better way than this?

If your computer works differently, don't be afraid to ask - I'm sure someone will have an answer.

MattV
02-01-2008, 09:09 AM
i got one a while back, i've tried a few times since then but i always miss it.

123tim
02-01-2008, 09:15 AM
i got one a while back, i've tried a few times since then but i always miss it.

I haven't got mine yet. I've been practicing - I'm going to try the Internet disconnect method today to see if I can get it.

MattV
02-01-2008, 09:20 AM
i think on money bomb days it gets backed, so it takes a while for your name to come up.

MattV
02-01-2008, 09:23 AM
http://www.snapdrive.net/files/104613/donate.JPG

this was from back in dec. as you can see i just barely caught it. i'll have to try the disconnect thing next time

123tim
02-01-2008, 09:36 AM
Matt V said:

"this was from back in dec. as you can see i just barely caught it. i'll have to try the disconnect thing next time"

If you do this you'll have to use the smaller donation picture at the top of the forum main page http://www.ronpaulforums.com/index.php - The Ron Paul donation page has a window that slides over the donation box :(
(I just added this into my original post.)

Dsteenbock
02-01-2008, 10:11 AM
I never see my name come up when I donate :(

ike
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
I haven't seen my name after any of four donations. I imagine at the rate of donations on money bomb days that not all of the names get displayed, but even on non-money bomb days, I never seem to catch it. Does anyone know generally how long it takes before your name shows up?

Wickwire
02-01-2008, 10:46 AM
I remember donating back in the day when my name would be displayed two, sometimes three times for one donation. I'm glad those days are over:)

thegr8drronpaul
02-01-2008, 11:13 AM
I've seen my name 3 out of 6 times. It cycles through - keep watching because it'll come up more than once (or maybe this is just on slower days)

Cjays
02-01-2008, 11:28 AM
On the first money bomb day, I had a script run that grabbed a screen shot every 5 seconds. I did this because I knew I would miss my name. I still have 1000's of screen captures I have to sift through hoping I can find myself. :D