PDA

View Full Version : Debate: RP snubbed on IRS/Tax question

Tim724
08-06-2007, 08:41 AM
I read through the threads regarding the debate and didn't see anyone mention this yet.

At the ABC debate on Sunday they had a question about the Fairtax and how each candidate would change the tax system. I am pretty sure EVERY candidate got to answer this question except Ron Paul. Did anyone else notice this?

I was really pissed about that, seeing that Dr Paul has the strongest position on taxes. Overall, I think RP did pretty good during this debate (that very few non-political junkies even watched), but a nice little speech about eliminating the income tax and replacing it with nothing, changing our attitude about the purpose of government, etc would have rounded out his performance perfectly. Ron Paul’s answer would have embarrassed all the other candidates answers. Again, it was just outrageous that RP did not get a chance to address this question.

Off this topic, one tidbit I enjoyed about the debate was when Tancredo lashed out against George Stephanapolous about not getting any time to speak. I think some of Tancredo’s views are dangerous, but his surlyness is entertaining. I am also glad that someone other than my candidate spoke out about getting fair air-time. It was something that needed to be said, but risked coming off as belligerent.

angelatc
08-06-2007, 08:42 AM
The only OB/GYN didn't get asked about abortion, and the only MD didn't get asked about health care either.

Sean
08-06-2007, 09:10 AM
I think Paul and Tancredo and others should team up to demand equal time in debates and to see that a fair format is adopted.