PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul 2012? Max out anyway!

Bowie
02-01-2008, 08:55 AM
Before you chomp at the bit to put me down, I am aware that this is a very loaded question, obviously, but I thought it deserved some consideration. Disclaimer: not a troll. But to respect the controversy, I am not posting this in the Feb1st Moneybomb forum.

Okay. So...

IF, IIIIFFFF, Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination (with the MSM in overdrive, at this stage I'm afraid it would only be achieved by default with the rest of these liberals-in-sheep's-clothing dropping like flies) and hence the Presidency this year, do you think he will run again in 2012, presuming Obama or Clitler take it for the 'Crats?

The main reason I'm daring to ask this is because obviously their atypical ("historic") success will be called a "mandate to withdraw from Iraq" and so it would be suicide for either to delay pullout proceedings for a full 4-year term... which is a good thing because the occupation is SH!T. They'll probably still occupy, but hopefully it won't be so goddarned expensive. (Of course they'll spend it all in healthcare...)

But, if they don't withdraw sufficiently... RON PAUL WOULD EASILY WIN in '12! The Republican party will be in shambles and none of the current candidates will return: Romney would not bother to waste any more of his money, McCain will be too old and cranky to give it A THIRD go, Giuliani will be outed by then for sure (not that there's... 'cos I'm...), Huckabee's post-gastro health will have deteriorated... and can you imagine what kind of crappy up-and-comers the party will need to scrape together to compete against the "new" veteran candidate Ron Paul?

The other reason I pose this? Because people are acting like this is a do-or-die situation. That it's a huge waste of donations if he doesn't win the nomination.

BULL.

If any devoted politician is in it for the long haul, determined to serve his people patriotically and Constitutionally, it's Ron Paul.

If he doesn't win this year, he will come back FIGHTING FOR US in 2012, I'm sure of it. The least you can do to help him is max out to $2300 ASAP regardless. You will be contributing to success for America in the long run.

:o

Whatsayyou, fine folk?

jblosser
02-01-2008, 08:57 AM
IF, IIIIFFFF, Ron Paul doesn't win the Republican nomination (with the MSM in overdrive, at this stage I'm afraid it would only be achieved by default with the rest of these liberals-in-sheep's-clothing dropping like flies) and hence the Presidency this year, do you think he will run again in 2012, presuming Obama or Clitler take it for the 'Crats?

I imagine it will depend largely on if we're in the bottom of a Depression or not.

Don't put it off. We need to win this now, we don't get easy do-overs.

Bowie
02-01-2008, 08:59 AM
I imagine it will depend largely on if we're in the bottom of a Depression or not.

Don't put it off. We need to win this now, we don't get easy do-overs.
Of course we need to win this now. My point is to max out regardless.

But I'd rather see Ron Paul elected in the middle of a Depression rather than never, if in a year's time that is the ultimatum.

Akus
02-01-2008, 11:43 AM
i wish people would stop asking all these "if ron paul loses" questions....

Zarxrax
02-01-2008, 11:50 AM
As much as I hate to say it, Ron Paul is an old man. He's already 72 years old, which would make him the oldest man ever elected president. This is now or never.

AlexMerced
02-01-2008, 11:53 AM
If he ran 2012 I think he could tear up depending on his health, a Rand Paul run wouldn't be a bad idea as well

dvictr
02-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Hillary vs McCain 08... and Ron Paul wins as independent

Patriot123
02-01-2008, 03:29 PM
If he ran 2012 I think he could tear up depending on his health, a Rand Paul run wouldn't be a bad idea as well

To hell. Gravel is 78, and he's fighting like hell. I'm still, at heart, loyal to Gravel, and always will be. But our man will still be with us in 2012. I think he'd be willing to give it a second go, knowing how much is at stake.

Even then, we don't need to elect him. Why? There's a million march in DC in January of 2009 to instate Ron Paul as our president if he happens to lose, which is unlikely. So EVEN if he loses, a million men and women will march through DC, right into the White House for all I know (I don't know the details) and demand that Ron Paul be instated as the new president. They won't leave that capitol until Ron Paul is instated president.

Kraig
02-01-2008, 04:20 PM
Well, with all of the groundwork we are laying by getting the message of constitutional freedom out to the people, we are going to be in a much better position to get someone - Ron Paul or someone with the same mindset - in the White House. If he does win, I would think he would run for a 2nd term, but much can happen in four years. Someone with the same constitutional mindset will need to be there to fill the gap, for all of our sakes.

Think about the message we have the the people who are supporting Dr. Paul. It really is about the message rather than the man, the people who are behind this aren't just going to forget about it the same way supporters of every candidate will.

Ladred
02-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Rand Paul for President 2012!