PDA

View Full Version : What would you say to Ron Paul?

Maltheus
02-01-2008, 08:51 AM
Ok, so I'll be having lunch with Ron Paul today. I'm guessing that I'll only get a very small amount of ear time (if any), but I haven't a clue what to bring up. I thought I'd start with 9/11 and questions of electabity, then move in to the third party stuff. ;) Just kidding.

I know his positions on most things and I certainly wouldn't try to give him campaign advice. I don't want to be the millionth person wishing him a happy 51st either. So I thought I'd ask you guys what you would ask of him?

Valis33
02-01-2008, 08:52 AM
"Thanks"

LandonCook
02-01-2008, 08:53 AM
I did this once, and debated him on NASA subsidies! I believe I won the argument as well!

MrCobaltBlue
02-01-2008, 08:55 AM
"Why are you letting these guys push you around in the debates? Show them you mean business."

acptulsa
02-01-2008, 09:04 AM
Ronald Reagan used humor to tempt the media to play his sound bites and to get his message in under people's defenses. I know the situation this nation is in is deadly serious, but so was slavery, yet The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn sure did help. Why don't you try a little? Can it hurt? It'll sure help people see you as human. I think The Daily Show would give you an interview in a heartbeat--and that would give you a chance to say, if patriots don't vote I can't win!

Noble
02-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Dr. Paul, I want to let you know that you have inspired the pursuit of actual, constitutionally guaranteed freedom in the hearts and minds of the American's people more than anyone I can think of.

Regardless of the results of the elections, your actions have done a great service to the people of the United States.

Thank you, you've done good.

now... as for your debate performance and self promotion...

every time you speak, you mention foreign policy. I understand its the basis of your platform, but can't you sell yourself on the economy WITHOUT mentioning foreign policy. Yes, I understand its related and important, but you sound like a broken record. Give us examples things you've done in the past... teach us about austrian economics, how it has worked in other countries.... mix it up a bit.

also, you need to be more challenging of an opponent. Step up, let them know you mean business... tell them if they want to debate the actual issues 'you'll school them'... get cocky... the american people will respond.

Grandson of Liberty
02-01-2008, 09:41 AM
I did this once, and debated him on NASA subsidies! I believe I won the argument as well!

I submit you had people spamming the text poll. :p

NO ONE beats the good Dr. in a debate! :)

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 09:46 AM
I would ask him to be more agressive and hire an HQ Staff that doesn't screw things up. This isn't just a silly election, our freedom is at stake!

IDefendThePlatform
02-01-2008, 09:50 AM
Me to Dr. Paul: You're an inspiration and I appreciate everything you've done to try to get the government off my back. Thank you!

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-01-2008, 09:51 AM
This is from an earlier post, but this is what i would want to say.

Until recently, it has literally been years since I have been able to walk down the street and feel very good about our country. I have noticed in the past few years, people avoiding eye contact much more than usual. It is really pronounced when you take the subway here on weekdays. People seem to be totally isolated and uncaring. Why do people live like this ? I think people have felt ashamed at the atrocities and crimes that have taken place in the name of America. We have allowed ourselves to be turned into a lazy, apathetic, consumer nation. And if one were to stay glued to the television feeling totally helpless like some dejected piece of waste product spun out of this toxic mechanical monster of a nation, nothing would change.

I have been truly inspired by some of the posts, videos, news, etc that I have seen here. I do believe that we are heading into a new time as Dr. Paul has said, and it may be a difficult road ahead... No matter what though, witnessing this movement and being a part of it has brought back my pride in our nation. If we do our best not only for this election, but for the rest of our lives, to restore the integrity of our forebears, how could we regret our lives ?

Thank you all.

Dark_Horse_Rider
02-01-2008, 09:54 AM
Also, Happy Anniversary !

krott5333
02-01-2008, 10:30 AM
"Thank you. You have started a movement, and we will take America back, whether its this year, or 10 years from now, we will prevail."

MsDoodahs
02-01-2008, 10:32 AM
"Thank you. You have started a movement, and we will take America back, whether its this year, or 10 years from now, we will prevail."

:D

constituent
02-01-2008, 10:33 AM
"CNN/Fox and others defeat themselves by ignoring you. I've found more people who decide to probe your stances further after witnessing the systematic marginalizing at debates and day-to-day hit jobs. You're winning!"

oh yea and,

"should i vote in the tx primary if you don't do well on super tuesday? (for those who don't know, you're not allowed to sign a petition to get an independent on the ballot if you're party affiliated, party affiliation takes place when you vote in the primary)"

Maltheus
02-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Well, we had so many more people than expected that I couldn't really get a word in. I got a handshake and a bad picture (not worth posting). I also got interviewed by the local NBC affiliate. All the media turned out and they seemed surprised by the fact that so many of us were locals for some reason. But if you were wondering how Ron and Carol were celebrating their anniversary, here's a shot:

http://ronpaul.corehook.com/images/ronAndCarol.jpg

She looks happy, despite having to slum around in Colorado Springs. ;) Now I head up to Denver for the rally in the convention center tonight. This is a fun day.

BillyDkid
02-01-2008, 04:04 PM
"It's a great honor to meet you!"