PDA

View Full Version : We May win WA

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 07:56 AM

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/6420ap_wa_wash_caucuses.html?source=mypi

Republican Rep. Ron Paul, meanwhile, was in Seattle for three presidential campaign events on Thursday and scheduled appearances in Spokane on Friday.

Organizers said he could do surprisingly well in Washington.

"He has a tremendous amount of support around the state and we have people working in every county," said state coordinator Maureen Moore of Everett.

"It really is about personal freedom, and (ending) the war is a big issue in Washington," she said. "It really is support across the board for Ron Paul."

Paul and Romney have paid staff in Washington and others have relied on volunteer organizers, said state GOP Chairman Luke Esser, who is staying neutral in the race.

John McCain and Mitt Romney are viewed as top competitors here after Rudy Giuliani's departure from the race. But Moore said Paul is well-positioned to stay in the race and try to collect delegates wherever he can find them.

surf
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
We may.... i think we should try and bag all the anti-war D votes following our caucuses on 2/9. if a D did not attend the caucuses (where ALL their delegates are allocated) - they have every reason to cast a vote for Ron Paul.

These are the people i think we should be targeting in this state. The majority of my comrades-for-Ron would consider themselves Obama supporters if Dr. Paul weren't in the race.

Washington is a very blue, anti-war state.

Cascadian
02-03-2008, 12:29 AM
Well...if we're going to win Washington, some RP folks might want to help out in rural areas such as Lewis country. There is activity in Chehalis and Centralia area, but out here (Morton, Glenoma, Randle and Packwood) there doesn't seem to be much happening in the way of getting the word out. There is only one place where there are signs, in Glenoma, on a route that travels from Randle to Morton on Hwy 12, then SR 508 to Centralia-Alpha to Centralia (a popular 'short-cut' to the Twin Cities), a distance of at least 70 miles. We may be rural, but there are a lot of registered voters out here. It seems like such a wasted opportunity.

I pledged as a precinct leader for East Randle a few days ago. Today, I made phone calls all afternoon. Most people aren't willing to take the survey, but those who do are overwhelmingly McCain supporters. There was one undecided republican leaning towards Ron Paul and one Ron Paul supporter (yay! made me feel a little better). I'd like to go door to door, but I have no slimjims and no means to get any (hoping I can get ahold of a coordinater to help with that). When they said all the materials were supplied, I mistakenly assumed that meant slimjims. :/

bucfish
02-03-2008, 12:35 AM
Keep up the good work guys stay focused!!!

Poltiical_Rebel
02-03-2008, 05:33 PM
I hear that the message has gotten sent loud and clear in Spokane, there are signs for his campaign in Gig Harbor and Kitsap County and all across the freeways. Just a little bit more effort and I think we can win this one.