PDA

View Full Version : The Greatest Thing We Have Done For Ron Paul

fireworks_god
02-01-2008, 07:20 AM
The moneybomb, most surely, as our moneybombs, and donations in general, are what has given him the ability to stay in it past Giuliani and Fred Thompson, not to mention kick their ass a lot of time, and it is what got the media to first start recognizing him as a candidate, to at least not keep him lumped in with Hunter and Tancredo.

Why don't we really do moneybombs anymore? Surely, a lot of the dedicated supporters have thrown in what they are capable of, but it seems to me that, especially from page views of the main moneybomb sites, that we simply aren't promoting them anymore....

Ron Paul will keep campaigning as long as we keep supporting him and give him what he needs to keep fighting for this message. Even if he doesn't win the Presidency, giving him the chance to keep fighting through this year will pay off substansially, as he will be able to keep getting the message out, and we can keep refining our methods to make it clearly heard.

I say that, if he doesn't drop out after next week, we have plans ready to have the moneybomb to end all moneybombs at the end of the month. I'm certain that it is enough time to reach out to everyone, through every avenue, and coordinate something huge.

Do we fade away or do we go out with a bang? What does everyone think? I mean, we aren't just campaigning for president, this thing is a movement, and if we don't keep pushing on this, no one else is going to turn this country around for us.

newmedia4ron
02-01-2008, 07:44 AM
please promote

FreeTraveler
02-01-2008, 07:45 AM
The biggest problems with moneybombs lately have been selecting divisive dates and not having time to promote the moneybomb.
We need to find a NEUTRAL, FOUNDING-FATHER TYPE DATE in late February and start promoting it IMMEDIATELY.

I nominate March 5, the date of the Boston Massacre. This would be a great opportunity to educate the American People about the militarization of our police forces, the reason for Posse Comitatus laws, and the First Amendment Right to petition the government for a redress of grievances. It would also be a great day for peaceful protest marches or for acts of civil disobedience.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history.do?action=tdihArticleCategory&displayDate=03/05&categoryId=americanrevolution

Please, not Che Guevara's birthday, or anything to do with Lincoln, or JFK or FDR, for example. The older folks here know those were bad people, even if the government schools quit teaching the truth 20 years ago. :D

luvthedoc08
02-01-2008, 07:51 AM
JFK was the man, there's a reason he was shot (listen to his "secret societies" speech, his heart was definitely in the right place). As for the rest, ya you're right, although i do think Lincoln's greenback was still a pretty good idea.

Exarel
02-01-2008, 08:10 AM
Yes, that is the key problem. It is not that we don't have the money, its promotion. We had a LOT of promotion for nov 5th and even more for the tea party. We need to pick a date (after feb 5th, we still need to first focus on raising 5m that he asked for) that is more than a month in advance and then work to promote it.

kywhitne
02-01-2008, 08:24 AM
I'll tell you what I think one major problem with the money bombs has become.

In the beginning there was a money bomb. no one knew what to expect. Excitement was high and the turnout was amazing. A month later, another money bomb. Now we knew what we were capable of and we blew the first one out of the water with all of the gusto we could measure.

Then, a couple of weeks later, another money bomb. Then a week or so later, another. Before some of them were consolidated, I saw sights for something like four different money bombs on three different days over this past week. The problem is--as it so often seems to be--organization. The money bombs are no longer singular and centralized and they don't have time to gain followers.

Everyone under the sun wants to organize a money bomb now (this is, on the surface, great, but...) and it's impossible to keep track off, get ready for or get excited about. I don't think there is any way to stop it for sure, but it would absolutely be for the best if we could limit the creation of these things.

fireworks_god
02-01-2008, 08:41 AM
The best thing we could do is just ignore all of the wanna-be ones and RUN RUN RUN with THE MONEYBOMB TO END ALL MONEYBOMBS.

Know what I mean? :D Definitely towards the end of this month, maybe the very beginning of March.

JeffSchulman
02-01-2008, 08:54 AM
Yeah, but Super Tuesday is in 4 days.... Anything to get Ron the next 4 million!

me3
02-01-2008, 09:02 AM
The best thing we could do is just ignore all of the wanna-be ones and RUN RUN RUN with THE MONEYBOMB TO END ALL MONEYBOMBS.

Know what I mean? :D Definitely towards the end of this month, maybe the very beginning of March.
You mean give him the money when 90% of the primaries would be over?

Not such a good idea. He needs the money NOW, if he's going to have an opportunity in Texas.

dcatman
02-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Pick a date in March.

I can support with a large donation in that time frame.