PDA

View Full Version : Since when could Obama air ads on CNN?

SonicInfinity
02-01-2008, 06:57 AM
I thought these news networks were supposed to be unbiased. Why is Obama being allowed to air freaking one-minute commercials on it? Shouldn't we try to be airing some on CNN, or would they block us out?

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 06:58 AM
News companies have to except ads by law, so that they are "unbiased".

SonicInfinity
02-01-2008, 07:00 AM
News companies have to except ads by law, so that they are "unbiased".

Except Ron Paul ads, correct? Unless nobody's ever thought of running Ron Paul ads on CNN.

freedom-maniac
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
Except Ron Paul ads, correct? Unless nobody's ever thought of running Ron Paul ads on CNN.

They would have to air it, according to a special on Attack Ads I saw on CNN's "Broken Governmnet" series.

golf247
02-01-2008, 07:08 AM
They would have to air it, according to a special on Attack Ads I saw on CNN's "Broken Governmnet" series.

I saw a RP ad on CNN while watching the 1/30 debate. Now, this could have been a local buy through my cable provider in Minnesota, but it was there just the same.

mdmarino
02-01-2008, 07:12 AM
Calm down. They AREN'T blocking us. I saw a Ron Paul ad on CNN right before the republican debate the other night. It looked like they bought local ad time (it bumped up against a local restaurant commercial), so it's probably only running in some states. Haven't seen any more, but the campaign's probably trying to run them at times and on the channels where they'd have the most impact and be most cost effective.

If you want to see more ads, we need to keep donating!!!

stevedasbach
02-01-2008, 07:13 AM

The Paul campaign could run ads on CNN, Fox, MSNBC, etc. if they chose to. I think it would have been a great idea. Unfortunately (IMO), the campaign chose to focus on other media.

ladyliberty3
02-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Ron Paul ads have been running in Colorado on CNN!!!!