PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate: The Ron Paul Cult

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 07:37 AM
http://freedomeden.blogspot.com/2007/08/republican-debate-ron-paul-cult.html

The Republican presidential wannabes spent this Sunday morning participating in a debate aired live on ABC. It was an exteneded version of This Week with George Stephanopoulos. Naturally, Stephanopoulos moderated the debate.

"Real Americans" asked the questions. The format was reminiscent of the YouTube debate, without the goofiness factor.

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I watched enough to note that whenever Ron Paul said anything the auditorium erupted in cheers.

What did that indicate? It revealed that nearly every person in the country supporting Paul decided to attend that debate.

I definitely prefer a zero tolerance policy when it comes to applause at political debates.

When cheering is not kept in check, the atmosphere becomes more Jerry Springer than serious discussion by presidential candidates.

Although supporters of each candidate applauded with approval after their man spoke, Paul's group seemed disproportionately louder and more obnoxious.

Republican presidential candidate Rep. Ron Paul, R-Texas, stands at the podium prior to the ABC News Republican presidential debate at Sheslow Auditorium on the campus of Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, on Sunday, Aug. 5, 2007. (AP Photo/Kevin Sanders)

Of course, the Iraq war was addressed. And of course, Ron Paul was utterly clueless. He's even worse than some Democrats on that issue.

When it comes to matters of foreign policy, he's more naive than Barack Obama, and that's saying a lot.

Mitt Romney got in a good line about Obama. It was scripted, not an off-the-cuff remark, but it still was good.

Romney said:
"I mean, in one week he went from saying he's going to sit down, you know, for tea, with our enemies, but then he's going to bomb our allies. I mean, he's gone from Jane Fonda to Dr. Strangelove in one week."

I wonder if Hillary Clinton's campaign forwarded Romney that line.

Anyway, back to Iraq...
QUESTION: If you were president, what would be your strategy for ending the war in Iraq?

RON PAUL: Just come home. We just marched in, we can just come home. We went in there illegally. We did not declare war. It's lasting way too long. We didn't declare war in Korea or Vietnam. The wars were never really ended. We lose those wars. We're losing this one. We shouldn't be there. We ought to just come home.

Good grief.

He has the depth of understanding of a fifth grader. No, that's being unfair to fifth graders.

He speaks with the wisdom of a drunk in the gutter. No, that's being unfair to drunks.

I think Paul is intoxicated with his cult status. He gives his followers what they want and what they want is sheer lunacy.

"Just come home"?

That's insane. Truly.

Look at ABC's unscientific poll on the winner of the debate.

I'm shocked! Ron Paul ran away with it! The public adores Paul.

He's a real contender to be the nominee.

What a joke!

I would vote for Hillary before I'd cast a vote for Ron Paul.

Thank God it will NEVER come to that. No chance. No way.

foofighter20x
08-06-2007, 07:40 AM
He'd vote for Hillary before Paul?

And they call us crazy. :rolleyes:

paulitics
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Most neocons would vote for Hillary over Paul. Heck, Rush limbaugh bashes Obama everyday, yet he takes a neutral stance on Hillary saying she eill probably be our next president.

Slugg
08-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Wow, the attack pieces are really out today huh? Lame-O-!!!:mad:

Sematary
08-06-2007, 07:51 AM
The guy's a loser. I left a comment but I wouldn't waste too much time on him.

Ronstock '08
08-06-2007, 07:58 AM
First we're spaming the polls, now we're spaming the audiences. lol

John of Des Moines
08-06-2007, 07:59 AM
I had got an email from ABC Washington last Tuesday asking me if I wanted a debate ticket. Of course I replied I wanted one. But they flushed me last Thursday saying they needed more seats for production purposes. I know of another person who was flushed as well. Reports to me from those who were inside said there were between 20 and 30 seats were empty. Perhaps, those persons were flushed as well.

foofighter20x
08-06-2007, 08:05 AM

lol

Swmorgan77
08-06-2007, 08:23 AM
He'd vote for Hillary before Paul?

And they call us crazy. :rolleyes:

I am convinced that much of the Bush-worshipping, Neo-conservative right would.

torchbearer
08-06-2007, 08:24 AM
He'd vote for Hillary 'cause she'd keep the power structure as is.... CFR.

disinter
08-06-2007, 08:27 AM
Just goes to show how serious they are taking Ron Paul. They are scared.

nullvalu
08-06-2007, 08:28 AM
i love it.. i say bring it on to these idiots.. the more hatred the expell the more they sound like completely stupid..

Of course, the Iraq war was addressed. And of course, Ron Paul was utterly clueless. He's even worse than some Democrats on that issue.

That's it? That's all you can say? How about explaining yourself? f'ing moron..

Ninja Homer
08-06-2007, 09:12 AM
What bugs me the most about comments like hers is that they never give a reason why they think the way they do. If they actually knew what they were talking about, knew the candidates positions on things, and gave a reason why they don't like that position, then I could actually respect them.

99.99% of the time, they just resort to playground name-calling.

"Just come home" is insane? OK, go on, tell me why you feel that way... That's a beginning of a thought, now try real hard and see if you can finish that thought. Or are you just regurgitating the programming you've been given by MSM? If you can't give me a reason "why", then you can do one of 2 things: turn off the tube and try to get your brain back in working order, or just give up on free thinking and return to your scheduled programming.

I think a lot of these people just want to win; they don't really care about what the candidate will do for them, they just want to be able to say they supported the winner from the beginning. The same goes for wanting democrats or republicans to win, or wanting the US to keep fighting in Iraq until they "win". Making the world a better place, living a better life, and being happy doesn't matter to them as long as they win.

disinter
08-06-2007, 09:14 AM
What bugs me the most about comments like hers is that they never give a reason why they think the way they do.

That is because they are usually on someone's payroll (shills). See this:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/07/17/where-rudy-mcromneys-money-goes/

Ninja Homer
08-06-2007, 09:22 AM
That is because they are usually on someone's payroll (shills). See this:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/07/17/where-rudy-mcromneys-money-goes/

Wow, thanks, that explains a lot. What a crappy job that would be. Those people must just hate themselves.

Darren McFillintheBlank
08-06-2007, 10:05 AM

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 10:09 AM
Sour grapes. That person never was going to vote for Ron Paul, was supporting another candidate, and resents that Freedom Is Popular.

Scribbler de Stebbing
08-06-2007, 10:10 AM

Next, we're going to spam the voting booth! Raaahhhhrrrr!