PDA

View Full Version : Donations should begin to pick up this hour....I hope

libertythor
02-01-2008, 03:14 AM
People on the east coast are waking up and might just be seeing the Bydlak letter for the first time.

Ex Post Facto
02-01-2008, 03:19 AM
I'm on the East coast and haven't gone to bed yet :p

Opiner
02-01-2008, 03:23 AM
If people start to relax and think it will be an easy win then it might be time to reexamine our objectives and motives. I mean Barak Obama is beating us?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU_P23eyGmxqE8EEa7ba6r86BpIwD8UGV6U00

Thanehand
02-01-2008, 03:29 AM
I'm on the East coast and haven't gone to bed yet :p

lmao QFT - same here (ugh)

newyearsrevolution08
02-01-2008, 03:36 AM
Let me guess a poll told you obama was beating ron paul and you believe it right?

they have polls also that say mccain can actually win the republican nomination as well and honestly if the media told America over and over that ron paul was the front runner GUESS WHAT would happen? ron paul would be the front runner.

People vote based off of what they see and read and nothing more. You yourself are 100% in agreement that obama is beating ron paul just because a poll said so.

We need to WAKE UP people..

BTW check out where obama gets his money from as well as how much. Do you really see that grassroots campaign being that enormous all on its own?

If people start to relax and think it will be an easy win then it might be time to reexamine our objectives and motives. I mean Barak Obama is beating us?

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iU_P23eyGmxqE8EEa7ba6r86BpIwD8UGV6U00

Opiner
02-01-2008, 04:14 AM
Let me guess a poll told you obama was beating ron paul and you believe it right?

they have polls also that say mccain can actually win the republican nomination as well and honestly if the media told America over and over that ron paul was the front runner GUESS WHAT would happen? ron paul would be the front runner.

People vote based off of what they see and read and nothing more. You yourself are 100% in agreement that obama is beating ron paul just because a poll said so.

BTW check out where obama gets his money from as well as how much. Do you really see that grassroots campaign being that enormous all on its own?

So which source of news you trust? Many places say same thing he raised $1 million per day for one month. I was just saying we need to rejuvenate our efforts in fund raising awareness and devotion.

newmedia4ron
02-01-2008, 04:16 AM
IGNORE THIS POST

If just HALF of Ron's MySpace Friends (which would be 60,000) each donated $51, Ron Paul would receive 3 million dollars today.
We can't be happy with anything less.
No excuses.
At this pace we are not looking at 3 million :eek:

Dedicate some time right now to promote the money bomb.

Just 15 minutes can make a huge difference!

-------> Everything you can do is right here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107522). <-------
^^^^^^^^^Do some of these things.^^^^^^^^^
Repost. Bump.

coyote_sprit
02-01-2008, 04:17 AM
IGNORE THIS POST

If just HALF of Ron's MySpace Friends (which would be 60,000) each donated $51, Ron Paul would receive 3 million dollars today.
We can't be happy with anything less.
No excuses.
At this pace we are not looking at 3 million :eek:

Dedicate some time right now to promote the money bomb.

Just 15 minutes can make a huge difference!

-------> Everything you can do is right here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=107522). <-------
^^^^^^^^^Do some of these things.^^^^^^^^^
Repost. Bump.

I know on MLK day it stumbled and then at 8AM EST it picked up by a wide margin.

curtis119
02-01-2008, 04:26 AM
Remember, Dr Paul only accepts contributions from individuals and that means we are limited to $2,300 a piece. Obama accepts PAC money (lots of it) which means he can raise an additional $5,000 from every donor ON TOP OF the $2,300 individual donation. It also means Obama is beholden to the PACs who gave him the money. Dr Paul is beholden to no one but himself.

JohnnyWrath
02-01-2008, 04:58 AM
I know on MLK day it stumbled and then at 8AM EST it picked up by a wide margin.

That's pretty standard for every big day we have had....8 am est is when the graph goes up if it's going to....every time.

libertythor
02-01-2008, 04:59 AM
Last hour it bottomed, and now it is on its way back up!

John P Slevin
02-01-2008, 05:28 AM

Why suggest any conspiracy? Is the truth that painful?

Your post suggests that there is some kind of media conspiracy, that the media has decided who will get the nominations, and belief in conspiracy, in a media rigged election is pure nonsense.

If an election were held today, Obama vs. Paul, Obama would clean Paul's clock. No doubt about it, no need for Diebold conspiracy, media conspiracy, Murdoch conspiracy, etc. Obama would wipe the floor with Paul.

Same with Hillary, same with every other top tier candidate on the Republican side. Each would absolutely and totally dominate Paul, who would not get even ten percent of the vote (perhaps a couple points over 10 if he was running against Hillary, and only because so many people hate her that much, not because they know anything about Paul).

Among the general electorate, almost no one knows Paul, so he would lose, big time.

Like you suggest, people do vote based on what they see and read. And what is broadcast and printed is what the media thinks its' audience wants...it's a two way street. The media gives what will attract and keep an audience. The audience takes what the media gives. It is that simple, and that hardly is a conspiracy or anything shady.

When and if people demand better quality news, they'll get it. But millions really go for the swill Limbaugh, O'Reilly and the other shills spew, so we get that instead of quality news coverage.

Many of us choose to get our news via the internet because we want real news. I'd never actually seen Fox News until about two years ago. I'd read about it but never actually saw it on the screen nor heard it on any radio. I've long been getting my news via the internet.

Many people also get their news off the internet...but, we are a minority. As long as so many idiots vote, and dominate the rest of us, we will lose.

That's the truth. It might be painful to admit, but we are being dominated by sheep.

We've got to kick some sheep ass, but that hasn't happened yet...when it does, things will start to improve.