PDA

View Full Version : Paul third in straw poll

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 07:29 AM
http://conservablogs.com/blogsforthompson/2007/08/06/thompsons-lopsided-win-in-ark-straw-poll/

A “straw poll” was conducted by secret ballot:
Fred Thompson 33%
Mitt Romney 15%
Ron Paul 14%

Duncan Hunter 11%
Tom Tancredo 11%
John Cox 6%
Newt Gingrich 3%
Mike Huckabee 3%
Rudy Giuliani 2%
Sam Brownback 2%

Zydeco
08-06-2007, 11:34 AM
That's an excellent result. Anywhere in the top 5 in any kind of poll is good for Paul right now, since we've still got anywhere from 9 to 11 candidates and the shakeout process is just getting started.

Once a few candidates drop out after the Ames straw poll we'll see the remaining candidates drawn into sharper focus, and Paul will continue his rise.

Zydeco has spoken!

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Not bad. How many people were at this straw poll event?

Not to sound like a dick, but i hope fred thompson gets really sick and has cancer complications. I don't wish any personal harm on the man out of malicious intent, I'm just worried many people who might otherwise vote for Ron Paul will vote for Thompson because he speaks about many similar topics, puts on a good act, and is actually fairly likeable (though he is a CFR shill putting on a front).

Thompson reeks of someone who would be a Reagan-lite - good rhetoric, but mixed presidency with an expansion of government.

This is good news though.

edit: says on the site that only about 250 attended. This is similar to the 12% with that California republican group. Good to hear, but nothing like the ames or dallas straw polls.

freelance
08-06-2007, 11:43 AM
GET OUTTA HERE! :D :D :D :D :D

This is fantastic news. I've been saying that the truth is somewhere between the online polls and the telephone polls!

freelance
08-06-2007, 12:57 PM
BUMP! We want everyone to see this.

Shink
08-06-2007, 01:01 PM
--

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Guys its only 250 people. Its a great news, but not FANTASTIC news. Its the same as that bear republic group in california a few months back. He got 12% there, 14 here. Now if this is the result at the straw poll this saturday, i will do cartwheels.

Sean
08-06-2007, 01:18 PM
This is pretty good as it seems to be a poll of mainstream conservative party members. We must remember that the majority of even active Republicans know nothing of Dr. Paul, or have been fed misinformation from neocons that run conservative news sites. If he is breaking through in these groups he will gather up Freds supporters.

Zydeco
08-06-2007, 02:18 PM
"but i hope fred thompson gets really sick and has cancer complications."

That is a fucked-up thing to write. You should be ashamed of yourself, seriously ashamed.

LinuxUser269
08-06-2007, 02:24 PM
go RP go

angelatc
08-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Not to sound like a dick, but i hope fred thompson gets really sick and has cancer complications. .

That's so not cool. There may be a few evil people on earth who probably deserve cancer, but Fred isn't one of them.

ThePieSwindler
08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
That's so not cool. There may be a few evil people on earth who probably deserve cancer, but Fred isn't one of them.

Hence why i prefaced it with that caveat. He already has cancer. Its certainly not terminal, and it is apparently under control, but i sort of hope it complicates thing and slows him down the same way i wouldn't mind Alex Rodriguez getting injured and being out for the season - i wouldn't WISH it upon him, but it wouldn't make me sad if it happened. I don't hate Fred for any reason other than that he will mislead voters into thinking he is a true limited government conservative, which will draw votes away from Ron Paul. This is an election that is VERY important for our nation, and that is far more important to me than Fred thompson's health.

sylvania
08-06-2007, 02:58 PM
Don't worry, even if he did get cancer, the other Thompson (Tommy-boy) is going to cure all cancer by 2015 - oh, wait, that was just breast cancer he is committed to eradicating by 2015.

1000-points-of-fright
08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
From the look of Fred's jowls, I'm sure he has breasts too.