PDA

View Full Version : Paul's fundraising for House seat re-election

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 07:24 AM
http://www.cqpolitics.com/pdfs/FEC-House2Q.pdf

2007-08 FUNDRAISING ACTIVITY, U.S. HOUSE

Texas 14 Ron Paul Republican (Spending) 12,991 (Raised) 140,530 (Cash on hand) 93,686

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Bradley, please don't post this stuff about his House re-election. No one wants to think about that, because that would mean he LOST his bid for President.

It's rather deflating and right now we need to be focused on WINNING.

Slugg
08-06-2007, 07:30 AM
I was hoping he had a nice warchest in his house campaign just waiting to transfer over to the pres race......bummer.:p

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I would imagine everyone is donating to his Presidential campaign instead.

Sematary
08-06-2007, 07:56 AM
Bradley, please don't post this stuff about his House re-election. No one wants to think about that, because that would mean he LOST his bid for President.

It's rather deflating and right now we need to be focused on WINNING.

You DO realize, don't you, that those who have donated the max for his presidential campaign can donate the max to his house bid and that that money can be used for his presidential bid, don't you?

LibertyEagle
08-06-2007, 08:21 AM
You DO realize, don't you, that those who have donated the max for his presidential campaign can donate the max to his house bid and that that money can be used for his presidential bid, don't you?

Nope, I didn't. I stand corrected. :o

Bradley in DC
08-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Sorry for the confusion. One, under Texas' LBJ law, Dr. Paul is running simultaneously for both and can be the Presidential nominee and the Congressional nominee at the same time. The more money raised, the better--even for his presidential campaign. The "House" campaign can run biographical ads in a few major media markets in Texas, etc.

And yes, thanks for those pointing out that we can give to the Congressional race if we've already maxed out our presidential campaign contributions.